It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADL releases Report Similar to SPLC

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
As Bill says. if they refuse to do the right thing we will not stand by. This is an assault on the free exchange of ideas.

By twisting the intent via utterly ignoring the context, the author(s) either were completely biased toward the anticipated outcome of their research or, they intentionally misrepresented our members for their own reasons.

Either way, we will not rest until this is corrected.

Springer...

[edit on 4-23-2010 by Springer]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Here is a great documentary on the ADL and anti-semitism if anyone is interested.

Israeli director Yoav Shamir embarks on a provocative – and at times irreverent – quest to answer the question, “What is anti-Semitism today?” Does it remain a dangerous and immediate threat? Or is it a scare tactic used by right-wing Zionists to discredit their critics? Speaking with an array of people from across the political spectrum (including the head of the Anti-Defamation League and its fiercest critic, author Norman Finkelstein) and traveling to places like Auschwitz (alongside Israeli school kids) and Brooklyn (to explore reports of violence against Jews), Shamir discovers the realities of anti-Semitism today. His findings are shocking, enlightening and – surprisingly – often wryly funny

wideeyecinema.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer and SO

As I said earlier in the thread ..

I feel terrible for the owners and staff of this site as well as all of its members. For we all seem to have been swept up in someone else's agenda ... someone who took neither time or effort to investigate how we conduct ourselves here, which imho should be the example of how thousands of people from all over the world and with often diametrically opposed views should express themselves. It is terribly unfair and unjust to be pooled in like this ... but in retrospect, it isn't that surprising.

I suspected at the start that you guys weren't going to allow this slander to stand unanswered for it flies in the face of all the principles ATS hierarchy, ATS staff, and ATS members stand for. Some third rate data miner didn't do his homework, or purposely twisted the the truth, and in the process did this community a great injustice.

I am sure that I speak for the majority of the membership when I say a loud "thank you" for seeking immediate remedy, for standing up for us, and for standing up for the truth!

THANK YOU!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Folks, this sort of tactic has been announced by the current administration, Cass Sustein in particular. Using third parties to engage in a propaganda campaign to make anyone who is against big government look like nutjobs ready for a fight.

ATS has officially been dragged in to this fight.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
If I was composing a propaganda document to support my own conspiracy theory, I'd do the same thing the ADL has done — pull statements out of context from a variety of sources and compile them into a "report" designed to instill fear in the masses.

The ADL is as insidious a terror organization as any gang of Islamic bomb-throwers.

Incidentally, I'm rather pleased they included my innocuous comment about Congressional Democrats being the true terrorists in America. If I had to go back and edit that statement, I'd rather that it read "Congressional Liberals," as it's the Liberal mentality that is most dangerous to the American Ideal.

When i wrote that comment, however, it was in reference to the extremely partisan crusade and passage of the ObamaCare bill, which was, to a man, passed by Congressional Democrats.

I apologize for nothing.

Rather, it should be the ADL on their knees apologizing for the shameless copyright infringement rampant in their report. Did they contact ATS or anybody and properly request permission to use those quotes?

I didn't think so.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

Good find. Sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

Guess we all have to say nice things to each other, lest we incur the attention of the internet police.

Its become apparent to me now that the shadow of the Obama watch dog is growing quite long and menacing.

The crazy thing is when you read that document in its entirety, you just realize how much discontent is going around. It actually does the opposite of what its supposed to, in my eyes, it just reinforces the beliefs of these sp called "radicals" and "violent people," because now they can see they are definitely NOT alone.

I know we keep saying it, but I think its true...There's a storm brewing folks. The natives are getting restless, and their pre battle drums can be heard day and night, throughout the republic.

This government NO-LIKEY

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The ADL's own promotion of this hit-piece "report" indicates excessively inflammatory rhetoric, and motivations contrary to their own stated mandate of "defend[ing] democratic ideals".

The press release here: ADL: Arrests of Hutaree Militia Point to Growing Propensity for Violence Among Anti-Government Extremists
States:

In a new report, "Violent Voices: Anti-Government Extremism Takes on New Intensity," ADL concluded that not only has there been significant growth in militia activity across the U.S., but also evidence that a broad range of anti-government extremist groups and individuals are ramping themselves up for possible violent confrontation with the authorities.

Clearly, the misrepresented quotations of our members are being used to sensationalize their agenda.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Ugh! Would you please not post in triangles??? LOL!! Of all the things to complain about...

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I've also been able to locate the fax numbers for their headquarters and legal affairs departments. A signed version of the take-down notice, on company letterhead, has been faxed to both.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
On a personal note , I myself wouldn't sweat it too much boondock , you didn't make any direct threats . You were simply expressing an opinion and used an analogy to do so . That is not a crime . I saw nothing in your post that openly advocated violence .

thanks bro

I didn't think I did either
so therefore I dont really understand
how the he!! I got on the $h!+ list
errrr I mean the hit list

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Excellent work S.O..... It's great to see you guys taking a stand and defending the rights and freedom of expression of both ATS and It's members.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
so therefore I dont really understand
how the he!! I got on the $h!+ list
errrr I mean the hit list

Simple. The ADL looked for the quotes that most represented the Truth. Then they characterized the Truth as Evil.

The ADL's "report" is propaganda that would make Joseph Goebbels proud.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
I apologize for nothing.

Rather, it should be the ADL on their knees apologizing for the shameless copyright infringement rampant in their report. Did they contact ATS or anybody and properly request permission to use those quotes?

I didn't think so.

— Doc Velocity

since Doc has gone on record
let me go on the record

In my prior post, I apologized for bringing this scrutiny
to ATS only ....

I DO NOT apologize for my comments written

or at least that is how I was trying to write it.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

This post by Skeptic Overlord is one of the coolest things I have ever seen anywhere.

A thought:
How about a new forum, "Watching The Watchers", where everyone pools their knowledge about the activities of these slimey, tax-exempt so-called think tanks with hidden (and not-so hidden) agendas. The obvious ones are obvious, but there are others. Time to fight fire with fire maybe? (P.S. ADL that was figuratively not literally
)

edit for clarity on first line.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by 1SawSomeThings]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Apologize for nothing. I am in fact, a bit envious of you since I didn't make on that report.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Anonymous Avatar]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I've also been able to locate the fax numbers for their headquarters and legal affairs departments. A signed version of the take-down notice, on company letterhead, has been faxed to both.

Outstanding.

This is how it is done. Be peaceful, and talk intelligently. But bring the fight when you are pushed.

I am discussing this in all forums i participate in. I encourage all other members to do the same. Grass roots means we all take part and take action.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Thank you, Thank you ATS staff for protecting members privacy. I know it's a tough road, but we are all watching and we see what is going on here.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
i am passing galactic centre soon

[edit on 4/23/2010 by dashar]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

The ADL? Really?!?

The desperatin of those in the pocket of this administration is hilarious. Soon they will put you on the "list" for calling yourself an American!

I'm sorry, i know this is a serious issue, but when you see the ones who cried wolf for so long becoming the wolves themselves, cannot help but laugh.

THANK YOU ATS for giving them a firm B!tch slap!!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dashar

Congrats!! I did that back in the '70s.

Ain't it beautiful. Welcome back.

edit: don't mean to be off topic, but he seems sincere that he is passing the galactic center.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by 1SawSomeThings]

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join