It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADL releases Report Similar to SPLC

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thrice0ne
reply to post by Thrice0ne

It's so much a threat they had to take it down! And I got warned for it! Wow... now talk about taking things out of context!

Wow, so one quote is not a threat, but the other is threat..

Yup ATS is backwards.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Thrice0ne]

Is this statement the whole post or is it a slice of what he said? Could you post a link or something so I could read it.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thrice0ne

Originally posted by nenothtu
Your tactics closely follow the ADL form as seen in the report. Do you perhaps work for them, or just sympathize?

Now you are accusing me of working for LEO, like you did a few post ago when you said "they have me"....

Nope. I can be VERY sure you are not an LEO. LEOs are acutely aware of what constitutes a proper 'threat', and you are not.

yet mods don't do anything... nope they will only do something when you are the first crybaby to press ALERT.

I have NEVER, in my entire tenure at ATS, pressed the ALERT button. I'll not stifle an expression in any way, and never have. When I'm bested in a debate, I'm bested, and there are those here who can confirm that, and the fact that I will admit defeat when it comes, and I'll tell the world if you prove me wrong, right here on the boards. Strangely, I have no fear of that occurring here.

Will you stop attacking me?

I would have to start first, in order to be able to stop.

You would point fingers like a criminal. You afraid? You are afraid of law enforcement officers. You sure are!

Now THAT is rich! It really, really is! Investigate me. Please. When you do, you'll find out how little I fear LEOs.

Matter of fact, I used to train them, and worked with them a LOT at my last job.

I Do however appreciate your effort in not calling me a 'criminal' directly, and merely saying I'm 'like' a criminal.

It shows a bit of growth on your part. I commend you.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
What can I say that I haven't said before?

My ATS Thread

This is stage 1, lets see how fast they get to 3.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Enough!!!!!

Post Bans are next people...

Stay On Topic and board business is NOT On Topic

Thank you

Semper

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
I think that quote is from the movie “Full Metal Jacket”, as I recall that scene, but have never seen the movie you are talking about.

well I took it upon myself to make sure of your assertion.
I spent the better part of 2 hrs looking thru Full Metal
Jacket and could not find it. Maybe I missed it.

I also looked rather skimmed through Platoon also
and didn't find it there either. Maybe I missed it,
Or maybe my memory isn't what it used to be.

I had that Burt Lancaster movie on VHS and I checked
my closet and could not find it anymore. Maybe it got
lost in my last move, so I can't check it.

i still think it was the Lancaster movie it was in.
Hell, I may not even be quoting that phrase correctly.
lmao, oh well ... Im old .... what do u expect?
hahaha

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by [davinci]

My ATS Thread

Great thread and I think you might be right. I hope you are wrong but I know that you have nailed this one.

Cause the problem and then fix the problem. How many times are we going to see this before we see the truth?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by [davinci]

My ATS Thread

Sorry hit the button twice. I have fast fingers.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

Great & scary find O.P.

I wish I had the time or really gave a crap enough to go back through my thread:
A message to the Gov. Agents lurking on ATS

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just to watch certain members eyes open a little wider since they were so certain that nobody cares what we post

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
****DOUBLE POST: SEE BELOW****

[edit on 23-4-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

I didn't think that I was writng a road map, but it appears that way now.

Originally posted by BrianInRI
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

Oh, and thanx ADL and SPLC you gave me a couple of new sites to check out that I hadn't heard of. I wonder if/when this hits MSM how many sheeple will want to see what all the fuss is about, check out these people/sites and read articles that may cause them to venture down the rabbit hole?

This sentiment was one I had thought TPTB would try to avoid; I had thought that TPTB would just use us as a scapegoat for a false flag but I failed to consider they need to identify an enemy first.

What I had thought of as three different approaches will most likely just be three phases.

The end result will still be the same though.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I
for
one

feel that
it is good that
they are listening.
I've got things to say.

but if this event makes you worried
if one feels "pushed around" by this then
there is one thing I can do to address what I see.

Double down. The three people named must have someone
they can trust, so trade phone numbers with them and check in
regularly. If someone stops posting suddenly can we get confirmation.

How does one double down. I mean how do I alert the interwebs if I'm detained?

And this will have the added benefit of causing the intimidation to backfire.
If all phone calls are monitored, even if its just who-is-talking-to-whom,
then the evidence of this self protecting, self organizing, reaction
will show in the intelligence reports. Imagine the perplexity of
the strategic planners when it is admitted that every time
ATS is singled out the community grows stronger.

If every time our community is pushed around
we make more friends and become even
more organized. I like that they are
listening, I have things to say.

But if critics are going to
start playing dirty then
may I suggest that
we double down.

David Grouchy

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
I would love to list the people I think are agents here on ATS.

That would be a terrible move, and quite frankly end up further discouraging free-speech.

We'll have people accusing others just because they have a differing opinion that one member finds suspicious and ultimately we'd just end up doing the exact same thing the ADL just did.

Something similar happened after 9/11 when the government was pushing the paranoia buttons on everyone and we actually had people reporting their neighbors as terrorists for simply not liking George Bush.

I'm sorry but I don't trust any online members of a forum to be able to sniff out an agent without suspecting some level of bias may have had a hand in any accusation.

Keep in mind at one point here we actually DID have members threatening to try and put ATS on the ADL hate-site list over certain threads they felt were antisemitic. If anything were overtly offensive it wouldn't stay on ATS for more than thirty minutes give or take, but this is what happens when you deal with the subjective mind of the general population.

No, we don't need McCarthyism around here.

No lists please.

To be quite honest, the best approach to all of this would be to do absolutely nothing at all. I know some may not see that right off, and as outraged as I am at this I know that is the best approach.

- Lee

[edit on 23-4-2010 by lee anoma]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
the writers of that report forget that people love to exaggerate their feelings on the internet to sensationalize the matters at hand.. many of the "extremist" quotes read as exactly that to me, sensationalized thoughts...
also some of these quotes seem taken out of context..

Also, I hope they realize that people generally won't do squat past bitching and moaning about their problems with the world. This should all be passed of as irrelevant by whoever is in charge. I would be more worried about those militias if I were them.

This report is silly.

[edit on 4/23/10 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
For me this is good news and bad news all rolled into one.

The bad news is that things I have suspected would come down the pike are indeed happening. The good news is, I have now confirmed that I am not "insane" or "paranoid" at all.

A couple years back I reregistered, changed my posting name, and ever since I try to be pretty vague in my postings and yet still get my point across. The reason I did all this was for what we are seeing here today. There is a formula being followed and any student of history at this point will know what that formula is. We have seen it before. History is indeed repeating itself and the "enemy" is beginning to get identified. Mark my words... this is just the beginning. We are all being watched and we will all be judged by what we post, say, or admit to thinking.

I just hope for a lot of the naysayers around here, this report will be an eye opener for them.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Looking at at the dates these "quotes" came from, I decided to look back at my own for no other reason than boredom. Here's an interesting snippet from this thread on 3/25.

Originally posted by damwel
What I want to know is are you inciting them to do more than talk?

Originally posted by lee anoma
Everyone else is.
Especially popular talk radio and FOX news.

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Originally posted by lee anoma
Everyone else is. Especially popular talk radio and FOX news.

That's either stupidity talking or an outright lie.

NO talk show hosts have incited the masses to violence — just the opposite is true. Talk radio and talk television know very well that this administration is the least friendly ever to Free Speech, and they know that this administration is just waiting and watching for an opportunity to clamp down on American radio and television in the style of Venezuelan dictator Hugo Chavez.

So radio and television hosts are on high alert NOT to incite violence.

I've been monitoring them, and they are backpedaling on every front — even when FBI ass holes try to bait them, as they are doing right here on ATS , as well.

In fact, I wouldn't doubt that this very thread is a federal attempt to "bait" a few radical responses. Nice try, Adolf. Now go take your cyanide capsule and try to get some rest.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 3/25/2010 by Doc Velocity]

Doc's quote on the ADL report was from the 24th, and I'm not claiming there's any connection, but I found it interesting and relevant none the less.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
The problem ist that a lot of people who have issues with government or any kind of organisations, tend to threat other peoples lives, which opens all doors for law enforcement.

If you really want to change somenthing, and effective, threaten their JOBS, not their LIVES.
The outcomes are almost immediate, and nobody can charge, or punish you for anything, for what you do is totally legal and democratic.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Your right A witch hunt is not the answer. I am just sick and tired of being baited and my words being taken out of context. It sucks. But you are right I am wrong on the list thing.
Thank you for showing me the light.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Wow! Great find!! This thread certainly makes for a good early morning read.
Anyway, Tin foil hat on, and I hope that nobody ''assumes'' anything, because time and time again, its been proven that ''assumption is the mother of all f.ups.''

I also like the way the report 'cherry picks' statements.
As mentiond by numerous members in the first few pages here, the context of the conversation is not shown.
Any text can look devious by quoting lines that are questionable.
I could do the same with a book called 'Peter Pan' and quote lines from that, that could be taken as a threat to security etc.

There simply manipulating words.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join