It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Iceland's God of thunder, THOR, Make an appearance in the volcano?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The human mind always tries to find order in chaos.. to find something recognizable in something with no form. The many false alarm mars rock photos are a good example of this.

I think finding ancient gods in the elements is pretty cool but if you are going to find thor at least find the bit of the cloud that really looks like him.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d86ec3bfa337.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Matrixing, nothing more. So relax the norse gods aren't returning

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dynamitrios

Yup....I knew nothing about Iceland until recently. I had no idea that Iclanders were decendants of the vikings. If nothing else, I've gotten a bit of a history lesson out of this!

....and I also love the 'pig'.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Man ... you're smoking way too much.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Thor is the one true God.
He does not need volcanoes to make his presence known.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
That is an awesome picture but I already see two other pretty good faces. One is at the top of the picture facing the other way. It's a really good one. Then there is another iffy one more middle left slightly above center. I love pictures like this, thanks!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
LOL - why make an apperance in a volcano outburst? Why would it have to be this drastic or dramatic? Does not make sense, and It would be suicidal even to a god from space (from space?). From space - well I have no evidence there, but gods tend to proclaim their existence to men in clouds - if you take into account all the writings of the devine visiting earth, often described as arriving in a CLOUD. You can find many ancient tellings describing gods descenting in a cloud from the heavens.

Let me explicit:

The viking beliefs had many gods, an they resembled different parts of everyday life. Some gods, in that kind of "fantasy", were purely constructed or came into "being" because of the need for a "water god". What would be the point of having a fire god if not having a water god too - therefore i do not belive that all beliefs are rooted in ancient encounters. We are just to good, as humans, to imagening things so hard they in culture become true in the end. Fake it until you make it principles!!!

But some gods had some interesting features that in ways of interpretation were more "human" than others.
One of my favorite gods is the Thundergod Thor! He had the traits im speaking of, being human in a particular modern way that today seems very close to our reality. Let me shortly explicit:

When he threw his mighty hammer (called "Mjølner" in danish) it allways went back to him again. He threw - and it returned to his hand!
Well well well - interesting.
If you put a person from our future in the age of vikings, you could choose to equip him with something as simple as a gun. If the viking allready took the "future-guy" for being Thor, he would have a very different perception of the "slay" of an enemy of Thor!
In our present we simply know that the man is wielding a gun - no surprise for any to figure out what happens when he pulls the trigger - but the viking would look at this action very differently. He sees Thor with "something" mystical, which has got to be his hammer, in his hand. "Thor" makes a pointing movement with his arms (he aims) and then a big bang... the enemy goes down - and Thor still stands with his hammer in his hands. Wow.. this must have taken no more than a sec, but to the untrained eye of the viking.. well he just threw the damn thing and its back in his hands.

I would say that this is one of those moments where vikings just fell on their knees with awe and godly fear. But to a spaceman holding his gun, it was the funkiest way to win respect with a pull of a finger.

Another aspect was that the vikings allways believed Thor to ride across the sky making lightning with his hammer - well thats just an integrated way of imagening him and his might , but it seems to me that all civilisations has the same perception of gods going over the skies with fire and lightning - arriving from the skies.

So no - I don't believe the "gods" would change the plan of dramatic apperances by going for the vulcano act when apperances from clouds seems so much less dangerous to "them". Them being beings and not gods!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Astonishing pictures, really.
Nice examples of the power of nature.
However, bad examples of entities appearing. I'ts just coincidence.
Look at a cloud and you're probably mentally ill if you don't see any shapes in it (no pun intended btw).

Don't get me wrong- I'd love to see Thor riding on his carriage on the clouds,
or gazing down from a pillar of smoke, but I'd rather go for the rational explanation.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by -Thom-]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong- I'd love to see Thor riding on his carriage on the clouds,
or gazing down from a pillar of smoke, but I'd rather go for the rational explanation.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hm somehow I just got the feeling that you dident really read the "Thor part". Mainly because you say "id love to see... but".

What im trying to explain to you is that what you take for normal, planes passing through clouds, a viking would not. And for all good reasons.
I would think one to be mental too if he looked for clound shapes in the sky, but if you saw a solid object come through the sky (like a plane or something else) then I would understand why you would point towards the heavens and tell the story -if you were a viking. That must have been a big thing for them.

Then you might say: "well I still think that planes coming through the skies in the viking age is lame".

Well - this vision is from the bible, and it describes what im getting at! "Ancient gods" visiting us - or so to say... visits from space! And what i wrote before - vikings is not the only early civilisation to talk of "gods" as coming from the heavens, or so to say through the clouds. Just like planes.

Figure out the rest:

www.sitchiniswrong.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join