It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

burial techniques.............

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
so, how do you want to go when the time comes?
is your personal choice related to your belief or disbelief in an afterlife?
how about the religious aspects, is last rights or a pre-death ritual important concerning your passing?
this topic always fascinated me, especially since i witnessed a native american ceremony years ago where they just left the corpse on a platform, open to wildlife and weather.
here's a link to what is called a tibetan sky berial.
caution, the images may be disturbing to some.
again caution, and mods, i think the images are an example of human behavior more so than just disturbing, pull link if it's too much for ats.
tibetan sky burial

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Getting someone to talk about their own mortality is difficult at best. I've been in the profession for close to twenty years now and I can count on one hand the number of times I've contemplated my own demise and what I want done post mortem.
My standard answer when asked is that I want to be cryogenically frozen. It's more like a humorous deflection of what amounts to a deeply personal thought about my own mortality. What do I want? I have no idea. You'd think I'd have some idea but I don't. I guess that makes me a middle aged human just enjoying the time I have here.
I do have a friend that was electrocuted once. His experience was one of beauty and peace and love. That was until he woke up. He's been pissed off ever since. Standing orders now are DNR (Do Not Resusitate)

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
My husband and I both decided to be creamated, the cheapest way to go. Burn me in a box, a bag, or naked! We will spend our money while we are here, not on a party for those that survive us!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'll be going out rapture style. I don't care about this physical body because it's not my true body up in my kingdom.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
i've been on the fence concerning this issue for years. all i do know for sure is i want it small, and if at all possible, not a depressing, and not nessessarily happy, but a time for people to just remember the good times they had with me.

how about adding organ donation, are your useful bodyparts available for those in need?
i did become a donor, says so on my drivers license, even though i'm familiar with the horror stories.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
well the decline in vulture population causes concern it seems.

It's not possible yet but I think the way to go out is getting launched into an orbital trajectory, have a few spins around earth and burn up in the atmosphere when re-entering.

GM

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic

It's not possible yet but I think the way to go out is getting launched into an orbital trajectory, have a few spins around earth and burn up in the atmosphere when re-entering

I have a couple of relatives that have done this. They were creamated first, and only a small vial of their ashes make it into space. Not to mention, the cost of this is literally out of this world!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca RoseNot to mention, the cost of this is literally out of this world!

Yeah imagine my crazy idea, a whole body shot into space with burning upon re-entry must cost millions.

Any life insurance companies that you recommend?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
www.celestis.com...

As far as I know this is the only company that will launch (part) of your cremains into orbit. The theory is that you come back as a shooting star. Grooooovy

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by The Undertaker

Hehe, I mailed them if it is possible with a whole body, I have some doubts. Will let you know.

top topics

join