It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blagojevich Defense Team Moves To Subpoena Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Blagojevich Defense Team Moves To Subpoena Obama

cbs2chicago.com

Defense Says Obama's Story Is Different From Likely Prosecution Witnesses

Blagojevich has pleaded not guilty to charges that accuse him of scheming to sell or trade the Senate seat left vacant by Obama's election as president.

The motion filed Thursday says Obama was interviewed for two hours by prosecutors and FBI agents regarding the Blagojevich case, and the defense filed a motion asking for all transcripts, notes and reports from that interview. But the defense never received the docs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
What ever you think about Blago, his story is interesting and he certainly deserves the right to put a proper defense on in this trial. Last time I checked, the president is not above the sphere of criminal law.

When you read the motion, there appears to be some statements made by partys that are clearly in conflict and Blago deserves to have those conflicts investigated/brought to light.

My guess is that Obama just did a cursory "yea, yea, yea" in this deal and nothing wrong. Rahm is another story. The timing of this and his hinting that he wants to pursue other options such as Mayor of Chicago recently is certainly curious. Perhaps he wants to quit his WH job so as to be removed from POTUS when this thing gets nasty

Goes to show that you never really want to put a person in a position where he has nothing to loose.

I can't see how they deny having his attorneys question Obama and still give Blago a fair trial and this has the potential to be a side show

cbs2chicago.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
this is one of those baby skeletons in obummer's closet that he would rather not have come out into daylight.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Here are the recently released items that the Blago defense has been asking for for months:

www.nbcchicago.com...

Below, the six revelations the redacted portions were meant to conceal.

1. Obama may have lied about conversations with convicted fraudster Tony Rezko

2. Obama may have overtly recommended Valerie Jarret for his Senate seat

3. A supporter of President Obama may have offered quid pro quo on a Jarrett senate appointment

4. Obama maintained a list of good Senate candidates

5. Rahm Emanuel allegedly floated Cheryl Jackson's name for the Senate seat

6. Obama had a secret phone call with Blagojevich

This is not going to go away. Funny how there has been scant reporting on this in the media. Here you have a sitting president who has been called in to testify in a criminal matter in which he is involved and the release of redacted statements related to the case and nothing on the news.

If this was anyone other than Obama (and I mean Clinton as well as Bush), this would be all over the news

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
If this was anyone other than Obama (and I mean Clinton as well as Bush), this would be all over the news

As opposed to what Bush, Cheney and Rumsfield avoided their day in court for? I don't wish to be partisan, but it hardly compares to the corruption and atrocities of the previous administration.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
In time, Capone will end up looking like a beacon of honesty and integrity compared to what has come out of Chicago lately.

The real gangsters are this current crop. Including the Gangster-in-chief.

Where is Elliott Ness when we need him...

Anyway, this should be most interesting to watch and I have a feeling the repercussions will reach far beyond Illinois.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
This should be no surprise to anyone that the attorney's on Rod Blagojevich's defense team would subpoena President Barack Obama and members of his staff about this case. However, I find it highly unlikely that President Obama or anyone on his staff for that matter will appear in court to testify. In any case, they will most likely find a legal loophole in the subpoena to shirk the order to appear in an Illinois courtroom. In the case of the President and his Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, I believe they know more about their dealings with Blagojevich than they are leading on to the media and the American people.

Barack Obama and Blagojevich used to be buddies, and he can shrug off their close relationship all he wants because of the scandal, but the fact remains. If criminality occurred at the hands of Blagojevich, President Obama would have to of known something about it. No one makes it in Chicago politics without doing favors for others, and I am certain that Barack Obama (a virtual nobody before gaining the national stage upon becoming Senator in 2004) has done many favors to get where he is today.

The thing about favors, is that once they are made they must be reciprocated one day. The thing with Blagojevich may have been another favor, but went astray when Blagojevich was caught on those FBI wiretaps. Now, the former governor is out for blood, because he apparently believes that the cold shoulder by the Obama Administration in lieu of the controversy was a slight. Since being indicted, Rod Blagojevich has been stacking the deck in his favor with the media blitz he has been involved in and using the media as a means to sway potential jurors in his favor. When the trial begins on June 3rd, expect fireworks unlike any political trial the country has ever seen.

new topics

top topics

join