It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those who stereotype our US soldiers...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

US soldier displays compassion

For all of you ATS members who continue to villify and stereotype the United States as full of bloodthirsty, and holier than thou imperialists, I give you; Major David Howell.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

There are hundreds of thousands of people enlisted in the US military. Any rational person knows that there is no characteristic or trait that every single enlisted person in the US military has other than being enlisted in the US military.

That being said, it is fair to state that too many US soldiers have less than admirable traits even if a few soldiers have admirable traits. The good deeds of a few solders do not outweigh the harm the US military as a whole has caused in recent years.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I realize that common sense dictates that there is not a blanket term that describes the entire military. That is the point I'm trying to make. I'm getting sick of the "bloodthirsty" soldier label. They are in a war. War is ugly. Collateral damage is an ugly reality. Especially, when the battles are taking place in an urban theatre. Now, if you want to debate whether on not our government should have sent them over then that's another story.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

Soldiers on a battle field have to fight to protect themselves regardless of whether the leaders of the soldiers' nations made good choices. However, it seems that US troops are not merely fighting to protect themselves. They seem to actively support the war. They think they are actually "serving" our country by being in Iraq.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The Pentagon is a treasonous organization.

I am sure there were a lot of 'nice' Germans who worked for the NAZIs too.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

They are serving our country! Regardless of how people feel about the war, they were sent there by US leaders voted in by the American people. Does that mean the leaders should have sent them there in the first place? NO, but to say that they are not serving the country is false. People on here seem to think the military is like an ordinary civilian job. You don't like what your boss wants you to do, you quit and find a new job with no consequences. Being in the military is totally different, you disobey an order and it could ruin your life and the lives of your dependents. A lot of the military does believe in the war and a lot do not, same with civilians.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Individually yes there are lots of well intentioned honorable soldiers. But collectively they are the most corrupt, evil, imperialistic group around. So what does it matter if there are good individuals if they are part of a bigger purpose? That's what people like the OP fail to realize. If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem. It's time the troops stand up to their evil tyrannical and corrupt handlers.......the top military brass and the US government. Until that happens I view them collectively NOT as individuals.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wondering302
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

They are serving our country! Regardless of how people feel about the war, they were sent there by US leaders voted in by the American people. Does that mean the leaders should have sent them there in the first place? NO, but to say that they are not serving the country is false. People on here seem to think the military is like an ordinary civilian job. You don't like what your boss wants you to do, you quit and find a new job with no consequences. Being in the military is totally different, you disobey an order and it could ruin your life and the lives of your dependents. A lot of the military does believe in the war and a lot do not, same with civilians.

WRONG! I didn't vote for Bush and I didn't vote for Obama. I voted for Ron Paul who's platform is bring the troops home and END THE WAR!!!!!! So no I'm not responsible for the troops being sent their by their corrupt leaders. Wake UP!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Its a shame that the US doesnt teach its soldiers to attack the Taliban, instead they decide to shoot up UK troops.....

Ain't war hell

top topics

join