It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ancient Astronaut Thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If the dinosaurs had been wiped out just 1000 years earlier, and we were just 1000 years more advanced, we could not imagine what life would be like.
So if you believe in ET life, it may well be far , far advanced on us.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

The ancient Americans had the same amount of knowledge when they started out thousands of years ago and did not improve on it when they were wiped out. Why did they not improve on knowledge or technology?

They were either dumb or were just not interested in new technology. Kind of like the ipod, its not that i dont understand it i just don't want it.

The ancient Egyptians went from being a small neolithic community with the basic understandings of agriculture and all of a sudden had the mathematical knowledge to build The Great Pyramid and other monuments? Where is the evidence showing the gradual build up of knowledge?

Its there people just do not really look into egypt for what it is. Most people think of the pyramids and the mummies but that stuff cam latter. The egyptians were also fans of building stuff on top of stuff. There are well over 100 pyramids in egypt. If you looked into you would see that earlier pyramids like the step pyramids and the mastabas look like piles of dirt and the bent pyramid is anything but perfect. There are also unfinished pyramids and ones that have sunken into the ground. There is a gradual build up.

The Romans built some interesting things, but they were not as technological advanced as the ancient Egyptians once were. The Dark Ages proves a point that we went backwards. Why did knowledge go backwards?

well more advanced is realtive. The egyptians had some things while the romans had others. Just like today South Korea's internet is way faster the the internet in the US and UK but would you say they are more advanced?
The dark ages was a step back and was one of the reasons egypt failed. People were hell bent on controlling who could read and write and who could not, everyone became dumb and times became grim.

These are some of the many questions I have about the ancients. I am open to the idea there was a very ancient civilization on Earth thousands of years before the rise of what mainstream science calls modern history.

Well there is a theory being worked on right now about "civilization" and earlier roots that can be prooven but that is a book that is being written.

I am also open to the idea that human kind was contacted by extraterrestrials. Do I have any proof? No smoking gun, but that is what I am looking for.

I am also open to the idea but the arguments for it are based on lack of knowledge about what they are talking about.

Part of the fun is looking for the answers and asking the questions. I do not know all the facts, and neither does mainstream archeology.

Mainstream archeology knows a lot more than people give it credit for but it does have its problems. Dr Virginia Steen-McIntyre found artifacts that were 250,000 years old. Were they space ships and computers?No it was nothing special besides the age which goes against the grain of the berrig straight crossing theory.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
there truly are to may gaps in the time periods of history that it is very arogant how we write what is fact in stone. It is all subject to change upon the next discovery and all that was accepted could be thrown out the door.

Be Well

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

The ancients may have possessed more than material items to be more advanced than us. They could have had knowledge of levitation and ways to travel to other worlds without the use of spaceships. These ideas seem very wild at first, but when one starts to dig deeper into ancient cultures, they seem more palatable.

I do not think they had ipods or computers like we do now, but they had great knowledge about mathematical and other systems. They also appear to be way more spiritually advanced than we are today.

They could of been spiritually ready for contact with extraterrestrials, and then some cataclysmic event destroyed most of the civilization 12,000 years ago. The extraterrestrials came by every so often to help bring back the knowledge and jump start us. Again, that is a hypothesis and needs much evidence to support it. The ocean levels are 300 feet higher now than they were back then, so many areas would be under water. Also, much of the really old cities could be buried under 75 feet or more of dirt.

I will keep an open mind on all of these ideas.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by UruFist

you mean the one with clint eastwood, donald southerland, tommy lee jones, and james garner?great film!

seriously, the puma stones are very hard to disqualify. the one line, straight as an arrow, shallow even depth, holes evenly spaced.

and the cut and dressed megalith at baalbeck, lebanon. 1200 tons!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
So after clearing my mind this weekend i been thinking the egyptians must have had some king of energy source however i do not think it was a simple fossil fuel like we use today.
Its like the missing link of why we ont understand how they built such great things would be some unknown source of power to make machines run so they could lift and move hugr objects and power there cutting tools whatever they used.
I wonder if they received there power source from a group of visitors??

Be Well

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
The ancient Americans had the same amount of knowledge when they started out thousands of years ago and did not improve on it when they were wiped out. Why did they not improve on knowledge or technology?

Were the Mayans wiped out? Really! That's gonna come as a surprise to a whole lotta folks!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d307bd85f596.jpg[/atsimg]

Looks like Mayan 'cities' were actually religious centres, and there are a lot of theories on their decline. These complex societies were based upon an underclass that supported the priest/kings and their underlings. Could be they just said 'Smell ya later' and drifted back to their fields and forests. Could be climate change restricted their ability to feed a large useless ceremonial class.

But they certainly exist today.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

there truly are to may gaps in the time periods of history that it is very arogant how we write what is fact in stone. It is all subject to change upon the next discovery and all that was accepted could be thrown out the door.

And what gaps would you be reffering to?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

really? we no so little about our history that my answer would be its mostly gaps with some documented periods of history.
We know only where an began we think not how or why there ?
we know only that we were hunter gatherers that miraculously developed agriculture and technology at a near frantic pace.
our own evolution is still clouded in mystery ya know the missing links of humans never found?
Too many gaps could do this all day

Be Well

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

we know only that we were hunter gatherers that miraculously developed agriculture and technology at a near frantic pace

Well im not sure what you mean by "gaps" with agroculture it is either there ir it is not.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

true true its hard to state properly i just see that there is much explaining needed???lol
we will proly never know our true history only what we peice together ashame

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Hi!

Just so you know,, mr. Giorgio Tsoukalos, the man who made the Ancient aliens documentary on the History channel in 2009 is back with 4 x 2 hours shows on the Ancient aliens theory... I just dowloaded the first one called "the evidence"
New episode airs today on the History channel.. Cant wait to see em..

It sure is a good and exciting theory

Peace

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Not knowing something is not the same as saying aliens did it. See things like the big bang, ask a scientist what came before he will say "we don't know" they will not tell you "well there is no evidence of what happened so aliens did it"

[edit on 27-4-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

Not knowing something is not the same as saying aliens did it. See things like the big band

Well, okay, I agree that Hoagy Carmichael is not well known, but you gotta agree that we know all there is to know about Glen Miller. Especially after that movie they made about him (wasn't that Jimmy Stewart?)

Harte

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

lol i totaly missed that i did that. But it still works ask a scientist what came before the glenn miller orchestra, he will probably tell you "how did you get into my house leave or i will call the police" he will not tell you "OMG Aliens"

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
reply to post by Harte

lol i totaly missed that i did that. But it still works ask a scientist what came before the glenn miller orchestra, he will probably tell you "how did you get into my house leave or i will call the police" he will not tell you "OMG Aliens"

Well, if he knows his stuff he would say Benny Goodman. Or maybe Sammy Kaye.

H.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
all possibilties asside if some one gave you a hundred ton peice of granite at the bottom of a rock quary in a very unforgiving desert envirement and said you had to cut and mill the stone to ten thousandths clearance then transport it 600 miles or so and resurect it either vertical or onto a tall structure.
would it seem daunting to say the least now imagine you had to average one a day or even month
i think we had help

[edit on 27-4-2010 by triplescorpio]

[edit on 27-4-2010 by triplescorpio]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I should of stated their civilization and not the people. Many of the native peoples survived the onslaught brought on by the Europeans.

Still, there are many unanswered questions as to why they did not improve on their technology and culture.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
the developement of our DNA is also something that caught my attention in the new ancient alien series.
Not sure if they provided all the facts but they state that there is a part of our DNA that just kinda appeared after tens of thousands of years of evolution like it was implanted also they show how life could be spread through the cosmos with debris from one planet to another.
I cant help but think our history just reeks of us getting a helping hand from someone somewhere not earth.???

Be Well

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Well the DNA thing is more a part of the creation vs evolution. For there to be a difference between the primates there has to be a difference in the DNA. Saying that aliens did it would not make sense as there are difference between the DNA in each primate all the way up the line. So all the others are a product of evolution and this last change with us is the product of alien intervention? And when was this alien DNA "inserted"? In neanderthal in chimps before neanderthal? Or some other primate in between?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join