It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If The U.S. Economy Goes Into The Toilet Will It Result In A Complete And Total Collapse Of Society?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Will society collapse?

Yes, it will.

Take a look at Greece. They are in a hole that they simply cannot get out of. People ARE protesting in the streets, going on strike, and becoming violent, and that's before any real austerity measures have really hit them.

Outside forces are demanding that Greece implement severe cuts to get their financial assistance, and the Greek government cannot win either way. To get the support from the IMF and European governments they have to make hard cuts, but doing that will cause massive social upheaval. And if they don't make those cuts, they won't survive, and society will experience massive upheaval. It's a no-win situation.

The same will happen in several countries.

What the governments are telling their people is a load of BS. They've been lying for years about the severity of the economy. Just look at our UK election campaign; not one of the potential leaders is even willing to discuss the economy and the steps they will have to take in any serious and open way. Not one of them. That's because they know that whichever of the three main leaders does so first will be the one to loose outright.

No one wants to hear it, not least because we've been lied to for so long already.

Modern people throw their toys from their pram the moment fuel prices rise or the cost of a pint goes up. Sure, we eventually get used to it and make sacrifices, but the kinds of sacrifices and prices that will be required are EXTREME for all of us, and none of us are ready for it.

When you look at the numbers of people already struggling, unwilling or unable to work, living in poverty, living off the state, then consider all of those millions of people having to make sacrifices... It just doesn't work. They have nothing to give back after years of being unable or incapable of thinking for themselves or providing for themselves.

What OUR governments should be doing (and should have started two years ago) is community farming initiatives, community building, cohesion programmes where people support and rely on each other, sustainable energy, water conservation, energy management, government restructuring, work from home initiatives, child care in a community hall... there is so much we should have started already and have not done because we were lied to and told it wasn't actually as bad as it is. They knew it was going to get as bad as it is going to get.

They have teams of people paid to think of these things.
If people like us, regular people on a forum, could see all of this coming you can guarantee our governments could with all their think tanks and advisors. And instead of preparing for it and safeguarding our futures they lied through their teeth in the hope of keeping their money flowing in the right directions - to them and their corporate clients.

I said it a year ago and I'll say it again...
In the US all it will take is for one protest, rally or riot to go slightly out of hand, and the moment a protester is shot chaos will reign.
You're already seeing the dictatorial sentences being uttered, people claiming protesters are "potential terrorists" and whatnot. This is the mark of a rising fascism.
It began with Bush and Obama is continuing on that trend, I'm sorry to say.

The only question is when it will happen. I thought it would begin a while ago. So my timing is completely out.
Celente seems to think there'll be a clear event to start it this year.

I'm inclined to agree since the head of the IMF last night openly stated that he feared instability spreading through Europe.
That was deliberate.
A financial bod doesn't make that kind of statement without EXPECTING to cause more instability. It was planned that way.
A leading bank saves bad news for a Friday after the markets have closed, and yet the head of the IMF says he fears further financial instability in Europe, in front of global media, and in the middle of the week!?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join