It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lesbian Teen: School Sent me to Fake Prom

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Well to drag everyone thru it and get the prom cancelled for everyone,she kinda opened a can of worms that might be better unopened.
If they asked her to leave then she could have sued and left everyone out of her problems.

I do agree that nobody should be discriminated against for the choices they make.

Who knows...maybe they would have let her stay if things were done differently.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by broahes

She RUINED prom for every single one of her classmates beacuse she wouldn't abide by the rules, even tough they may be outdated. They are still rules. So every one of her classmates should excuse this because????
She could have attended the school prom if she had just kept her mouth shut but no. She had to cause a big scene about it and wound up getting bit over it. You dont just go spit in the faces of a couple hundred kids and cry when the get pissed at you.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Standing up for yourself is a great thing when done properly, but slapping the MAJORITY in the face is never a good thing. My guess as to why her classmates are mad at her would have to be the little fact that her selfeshness completely ruined everyones prom.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

haha! you want prom? here you go sweetie. a dike prom just for you and your dike friends ROFL! keep ur sexuality to urself straight ppl hate dikes.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ponyboyats

On the contrary most straight men love lesbians! I know I do!

2nd line...

[edit on 22-4-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ponyboyats

Erm.... Wow! That was one of the dumbest posts i have read all day.

Fellow ATSers. Please dont lump me into the group with this tardo. I might believe that the girl got what she deserved but im not a friggin jerk.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
dont you guys realize the school canceled the prom on purpose just to get everyone mad at her. its obvious that the administration is one sided, what a f'd up school.

and she got what she deserved? she had just gone through a painful trick and then she deserves more? whats with you people

it could be illegal to, what the school did

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

It hurts my feelings

This seems fitting enough.

Raist

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I simply asked where in the article she blamed the school. Yes I can read
.. I read the headline too, as that is where my question was based at. If it is the headline of the article.. shouldn't the source for that be somewhere in the article?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Dont see what the bid deal is in Mississippi. I graduated in 1999 from a HS in Virginia, and at our prom, one of the openly gay lesbians brought her significant other. And, actually her date was 20 I think.

Kinda a bunch of BS if you ask me, who cares about others sexual preferances it is not going to hurt you.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

dude, it wasn't a "fake" prom. she's just saying that because she doesn't want to admit that she ruined everyone's nite. the school didn't have a prom that year, it told students to host their own. (though teachers were present at hers)

her date wasn't even allowed to go with her (the other girl's parents wouldn't allow it).

she wasn't invited to the "real" one because it was a private event, and no one wanted the girl who ruined their senior year there.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by broahes

I was pointing to where in the article it makes the claim.

I cannot do a thing about the rest of the article not backing the claim their headline makes. My point though is if you questioned that to begin with why you would center in on my post simply stating an “if” in it. I have no control over the writings within the linked article.

Write them and ask them why they are not backing the claim their headline makes. My guess is that this headline would get more readers than simply “I got fake invitations from the others to another prom”.

Raist

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
So according to the article two other people at this "fake" prom had learning disabilities.

She says they didn't have to worry about being made fun of.

So clearly all the "undesirables" were shoved off to another prom.

They actually had a policy banning same sex prom dates.

Seriously, America will you get a grip!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Now This Is Just Sad, I hope She Sues Them For Everything They Are Worth . I Honesty Don't Know Why They Are Making A Big Deal About This Anyways Its 2010 Not 1991

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SandraV818
Now This Is Just Sad, I hope She Sues Them For Everything They Are Worth . I Honesty Don't Know Why They Are Making A Big Deal About This Anyways Its 2010 Not 1991

What right does she have to sue them for something they had nothing to do with?

The school had nothing to do with this “fake” prom. The school did not hold a prom at all. Any prom that was held was hosted privately.

As for the whole prom thing at all she has no grounds to sue there either. Again the school held no prom. No prom means no rules to have set forth.

Sue happy America, is all about looking for an easy future of doing nothing.

Raist

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Disgusting behaviour that smacks of favouritism and discrimination!!!

To be honest I’m lost for words... i can’t believe this mentality still exists!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SandraV818

She got the prom cancelled.

Parents set up their own prom and did not invite her.

School gets blamed.

School loses millions of dollars because people like you told her to sue.

She sells her story to hollywood.

Rosie Odonnel plays her and Ellen plays her girl friend.

She makes millions of dollars.

Dies at a young age from a drug over dose.

All this happened because we as a sue happy country are always told that if someone pisses you off then you should sue them. Even if the people you sue didn't have anything to do with you being upset. You have to follow the money.

To quote a song I'm partial to.

Plasma gettin bigger, Jesus gettin smaller.
Spill a cup of coffee, make a million dollars.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join