It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Torpedoes Blamed For Ship Strike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Human Torpedoes Blamed For Ship Strike

news.sky.com

An elite North Korean suicide squad of human torpedoes has been blamed for the sinking of a South Korean ship in mysterious circumstances.

Korea's Defence Intelligence Command had alerted the navy weeks ahead of the sinking that North Korean suicide squads were being deployed, according to reports in Seoul.

These "human torpedo" squads were said to involve small submarines.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Has this one been posted yet? I had a quick look, I've been out of the loop for a few days with computer issues.

"It is the military intelligence's assessment that the North attacked with a heavy torpedo," a military source was quoted as saying by the news agency Yonhap.

"The military intelligence has made the report to the Blue House - the presidential residence - and to the defence ministry immediately after the sinking of the Cheonan that it is clearly the work of North Korea's military," the source added.
South Korea now plans to raise the front half of the 1,200-ton Cheonan, which went down near a disputed sea border with North Korea.

Well that's an interesting development - no humming or harring this time, no accidental explosion or accidentally hitting a mine - a suicide attack, that would be a clear elevation of the situation, are South Korea going to just take that? It's a huge deal to strike the North, it would be all or nothing.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Why nobody replied to this thread yet??? slow day...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

I dunno.

I'm starting to think a nervous trigger happy N Korean skipper fired without North Korean authorization. Afterwords both sides were like...

Oh... CRAP!

new topics

top topics

join