It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Syria, Hizbullah On Full Alert

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Report: Syria, Hizbullah On Full Alert

www.thememriblog.org

The Kuwaiti anti-Syrian daily Al-Siyassa reports on a full general alert in the Syrian military across the country, and also among Hizbullah fighters in southern Lebanon, Beq'a, and Dahiya.

The alert is due to fear of attack by Israel, against the backdrop of claims that Syria has transferred Scud missiles to Hizbullah.

Source: Al-Siyassa, Kuwait, April 22, 2010
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
News what I have been afraid to show up since Iran started its latest drills in Hormuz - Lebanon and Syria are in red alert!

Alarming news from unknown source, witch also havent any English translations in their site. We are closing to era of very alarming news... Another report from same source needs to highlight here too:

"Lebanese Official: Hizbullah Has Weapons More Advanced Than Scuds"

Former Lebanese minister Wiam Wahhab said in Syria that Hizbullah had completed building its arsenal two years ago, and that today it needs no weapons from Syria or from any other country.

He said that Hizbullah has weapons that are more modern and better than the "old" Scud missiles, and that it would not hesitate to attack anywhere in Israel if Israel attacked Lebanon or Syria.

He added that Syria was not ashamed of supporting the resistance, and that Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad had said so to many senior officials worldwide.
Source: Al-Mustaqbal, Lebanon, April 22, 2010

www.thememriblog.org...

www.thememriblog.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-4-2010 by JanusFIN]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Iran starts Great Prophet war games

You know, if you don't want people to slam your religion why would you name war games "Great Prophet'?

You don't here any country naming their war games Jesus Christ or Buddha.

Once again, people don't have to make fun of Islam, they do it for themselves.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Hey Wildbob77, don't you think we should name our NATO war games : "JC Strike Back" ?

Anyway, it's not the first Great Prophet war game, it's the fifth... And war games are just games, not ? Else Iran is going to take a good position to start a war and strike ships !

For the repport on "Syria, Hizbullah On Full Alert", I can't find anything related in the western news.
After the war of words we are coming to the real war.

At least the full alert is made because USAF is going to launch their top secret X37B unmanned Spaceship... who know ? if it is EMP capable, or orbital strike capable, it could be a good reason to be on full alert... and media are not allowed to repport on this ship or on this payload...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Terviseks

No confirmations on western news - but it wont say that it aint happening... Still looking for those before rushing to any conclusions. Also I am waiting some statements from todays Syria-Egypt-Saudi Arabia high level meeting.

US envoy rushed today to Israel and they are starting negtiations in evening, so looks like diplomacy is running very high. Only thing what doesnt fuel situation further is Irans president visiting African states - its not alarming in my mind... We just dont know how near or far we are from total "red alert".

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
janus i commend you on the job youve done these past weeks on following the tensions in the mid-east.
you are awesome

lets have a look at the syrian military shall we:

Active Military Personnel: 296,000 [2008]
Active Military Reserve: 132,500 [2008]
Active Paramilitary Units: 108,000 [2005]

ARMY
Total Land-Based Weapons: 12,350
Tanks: 4,600 [2005]
Armored Personnel Carriers: 1,600 [2005]
Towed Artillery: 1,630 [2005]
Self-Propelled Guns: 430 [2005]
Multiple Rocket Launch Systems: 480 [2005]
Mortars: 710 [2005]
Anti-Tank Guided Weapons: 4,190 [2005]
Anti-Aircraft Weapons: 6,385 [2005]

NAVY
Total Navy Ships: 16
Merchant Marine Strength: 77 [2008]
Major Ports and Harbors: 2
Aircraft Carriers: 0 [2008]
Destroyers: 0 [2008]
Submarines: 0 [2008]
Frigates: 2 [2005]
Patrol & Coastal Craft: 8 [2005]
Mine Warfare Craft: 5 [2005]
Amphibious Craft: 3 [2005]

AIR FORCE
Total Aircraft: 607 [2005]
Helicopters: 235 [2003]
Serviceable Airports: 90 [2007]

globalfirepower.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

The army's active manpower served in three all-arms army corps, seven armored divisions (with one independent armored brigade), three mechanized divisions, one Republican Guard division, a special forces division and ten independent airborne-special forces regiments.

200,000 personnel plus 280,000 conscripts, total 480,000[2]
3 Corps HQ
1st Corps Damascus covers from Damascus and the fortified zone and south to Der'a near the Jordanian border
2nd Corps Zabadani covers north of Damascus, to Homs and includes Lebanon.
3rd Corps Aleppo based in the north and covers Hama, the Turkish and Iraqi borders, the Mediterranean coastline and is tasked with protecting the complex of CBW and missile production and launch facilities. Controls the Syrian Navy
10 divisions - each with three active and one reserve brigade.
7 Armoured Divisions (1st, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 8th, 9th, 11th).[3] 9th Armored Division served in the 1991 Gulf War as the Arab Joint Forces Command North reserve and saw little action.[4] The 5th Division, at that time an infantry formation, invaded Jordan during the events of Black September in Jordan, 1970. It was reinforced with two armoured brigades. After an ineffectual defence by the Jordanian 40th Armoured Brigade, the 5th Division's attack was turned back on 22 September 1970 mostly through the efforts of the Royal Jordanian Air Force. (Pollack, Arabs at War, 2002, p.338-340)
3 understrength mechanised divisions (4th, 7th, and 10th) - each with one mechanized and two motorized brigades
The Defense companies were transformed into the 569th Armoured Division, which then became the 4th Armoured Division.[5]
4 independent infantry brigades
14th as Saiga Division (Command?) with 3 Special Forces regiments; plus ten independent regiments
2 independent artillery brigades
2 independent anti-tank brigades
Missile Command with three Surface-to-surface missile brigades (each with three battalions),
One brigade with FROG-7,
one brigade with SS-21 Scarab,
one brigade with Scud-B/C/D.
Two coastal defence missile brigades (one with 4 SS-C-1B Sepal launchers, one with 6 P-15 Termit launchers, alternative designation SS-C-3 'Styx'). Also they are strong rumors that Syria received C-802 systems and 100 missiles from Iran.
One border guard brigade
The Republican Guard, a division equivalent with one artillery regiment, one mechanised brigade, and three armoured brigades.
On 3 September 1994, Jane's Defence Weekly reported that then-President Hafez Assad had dismissed at least 16 senior military commanders. Among them was Major General Ali Haidar, then commander of the Special Forces, and General Shafiq Fayyadh, a cousin of the President who had commanded the 'crack' 3rd Armoured Division for nearly two decades. The 3rd Armoured Division was 'deployed around Damascus.' JDW commented that 'the Special Forces and the 3rd Armoured Division, along with the 1st Armoured Division are key elements in the security structure that protects Assad's regime. Any command changes involving those formations have considerable political significance.'

[edit] Army Reserves
Army reserves total 300,000 soldiers, and form the following units:

2nd Armored Division in Aleppo,
the 12th and 13th Motorized Divisions would be formed from the best of the two armored brigades, two independent armored regiments, 30 infantry brigades and three artillery brigades.
Reservist training is reasonable, however, equipment is old and of very poor quality and limited in number.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The wheels of war seem to be turning. Just a matter of when now..

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Well the source is MEMRI... known zionists hate mongers... and warmongers.

So I wouldn't put much into it... they are like Debka...maybe even worse.

Qassem: Any Israeli War on Iran Will Set Entire Region on Fire

Any war waged by Israel against Iran will not remain limited to a certain place, but it will set the entire region on fire, Hizbullah Deputy chief Sheikh Naim Qassem warned Thursday.
"I don't have a final vision for the region's situation at that time because this matter is related to the aggression's nature, timing and area," Qassem told the official IRNA news agency.

Qassem ruled out a new war on Lebanon or Syria, noting that "if Israel was assured it would win such a war against Lebanon, it would've waged it today before tomorrow."

"But there are operational complications related to the deterrence force of Hizbullah and political complications related to Israel's involvement in acts inside Palestine, whether regarding controlling certain locations in Jerusalem; tightening the noose on West Bank's residents; absence of talks with the Palestinians or the Israeli-U.S. dispute.

"All of these operational, military and political issues tell us that an imminent war is not likely."

Qassem said that the accusations of some Lebanese to Hizbullah of being an "Iranian party" is "an attempt at pushing people away from Hizbullah and stirring doubts … in order to puzzle us, but these doubts and accusations will not have any effect because all people support Hizbullah, the party of resistance, integrity and sincere work, which refutes all allegations."

"Hizbullah is a Lebanese party with Lebanese members and leadership and its jihad took place on Lebanese territory. Its liberation of Lebanon and all these headlines are Lebanese headlines," Hizbullah number two stressed.

So Hizbullah comments : No war is about to break out because Israel isn't certain of victory and the situation is too complicated politically.

So sorry no doom for ya!

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yep - but Memri was quoting totally another sources in these reports, but because those languages are totally out of my learnings - I can not say if these translations are true or false.

But - if these claims have some base - we should hear from UN forces about those in short period of time. I think also Israeli media is watching closely all of their borders now.

If tomorrow we wont hear anything - I think we can say this was false alarm.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Biden being stupid again...

Biden: Israel has no plans to attack Iran

US Vice President Joe Biden said Thursday he is certain that Israel has no plans to attack Iran, adding that Tel Aviv has agreed to await the outcome of the international community’s diplomatic measures.

Biden also said that China will agree to a new round of UN sanctions against Iran over its suspect nuclear activities, despite having long held out against the move.

"This is the first time the entire world is unified that Iran is out of bounds... They are more isolated than they've ever been, with their own people and within the region,” he added.

Biden vowed to continue to keep the pressure on Iran.

He also said that US President Barack Obama's administration would be successful in preventing Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons.

The package of new sanctions, already endorsed by Washington's European allies, would include a full arms embargo, a ban on new investments in Iran's energy sector, restrictions on shipping and finance, and sanctions targeting the business interests of Iran's Revolutionary Guards, sources said.

Biden...

Yeah sure China is for meaningful sanctions... NOT... and yeah sure Israel has no plans to attack Iran.... NOT.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Right - I read that news today and wonder how much he dares to lie... We know for sure that all states of BRIC + Turkey are against Iranian "crippling" sanctions and Israel is training its forces to Iranian strikes all the time.

Do you remember what happen in eve of Gaza attacks? Israel was driving peace process with Syrian help, talking softies in public, and next day horror was on - and after that Syria havent step to any table where Israel is included.

Cast Lead was beginning - now we just wait for its second phase to begin.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Time for Operation Cast Lead 2?

01:18 Militants in northern Gaza Strip fire mortar shell at Israel (Army Radio)

22:19 U.S. State Dept.: Status quo in Middle East is not sustainable (Haaretz)

Aka war will soon happen.

18:38 Netanyahu: I`d rather stop Iran`s nuclear program with U.S. sanctions, not IDF (Ch. 2)

Aka I'm about to do it.

20:25 Netanyahu: We will not freeze construction in East Jerusalem (Haaretz)

Aka I don't care what the world thinks.

And in other news, Egypt and Jordan deny the rocket came from their territory.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
They are on a "general full alert". I would expect nothing else. Just because they are "alert" doesnt mean anything is going to happen LOL. Jeez, do you folks just bite on any uncomfirmed news source out there? You would think that after being on this board a while and seeing that 99.9% of the stuff on here never pans out or turns into anything that folks wouldnt get all riled up.

As i have stated on other threads about this topic, NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

One day you will be correct, and one day you will not be... on that day, no one will take notice, for there will be too much to take in.... let's hope that day never come's.....

[edit on 22-4-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace

Are you absolutely unaware of ANY Middle Eastern history? You may want to have a quick glance at a book or two on the subject. There are three certainties in life: Death, taxes, and Israelis & Palestinians fighting each other.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curio

Originally posted by princeofpeace

Are you absolutely unaware of ANY Middle Eastern history? You may want to have a quick glance at a book or two on the subject. There are three certainties in life: Death, taxes, and Israelis & Palestinians fighting each other.

Maybe you can't read, but what does this topic have to do with Palestinians?

On the other hand, in case you guys missed the memo: Syria and Hezbollah have all been on high alert for the past TWO MONTHS, since they had the meeting with Ahmadinnajad. You people are sure quick to jump on hypothetical claims that aren't backed up by a link from a known propaganda Kuwaiti newspaper.

Last week it was the SAME paper that was claiming Syria sent the scuds to Lebanon. They are obviously trying to egg-on a war, and you guys fall for everything they say, as if it's a fact.

It is a fact that war is looming, but please don't buy into hearsay from a blog. Heck, go a step further and don't trust all newspapers.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I think the rest of the world is over all the garbage going on in the middle east. I wish they would all hurry up and blow each other up, get it over and done with. Then we can fence the place off and sell whats left to the oil companies and donkey farmers.......

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Iran Unveiled Stealth Warship in Persian Gulf War Games
link

Iranian vessels fully cover Persian Gulf
Link

Video of Irans wargames

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by VendettaBeretta

Israel dropped flares on S.Lebanon a few days ago, and the Lebanese military went on alert. I wouldn't be surprised if they have been on full alert at least since then however this source has spun it.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaiinguy12

Nice propaganda video...

Different story when the target fires back with advanced weaponry.

<<   2 >>

join