It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clue to Roswell? Interview Maj. Donald Keyhoe and the Mike Wallace show 1958

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Hi All,

Ok i know lot of people will say this is from 50 years ago so what's the point. But i found it interesting and think it's worth watching.

He is basically saying he knew about alot of government activity trying to cover up the UFO stories and is trying to make it public ( we havent come far in 50 years have we
)
He was an Airforce officer and and investigated the earlier UFO claims By the time of this clip he had retired and was working on the subject privatly. He makes a very interesting statement that really stood out to me.
Quote:

'' In 1947 the air technical intelligence center at Dayton,that's the top air force intelligence men and scientist's under contract, sent the secret documents to the the commanding general of the Air Force, saying that whatever these things were, they were real. In 1948, ATIC ( same group ), sent a top secret estimate to the commading general, Roy Vandenburg, that these were interplanetary spaceships's.''

There's lots more in the interview and the link will be at the end of the post. The reason i thought the above comments were interesting was in regard to im sure you know Roswell, we all know what year that happened in. Also remember this is 1958, the Roswell issue was still relatively forgotten at this point, it wasnt untill the mid 80's Roswell become of interest again.
He never makes any comment regarding Roswell, it sounds like he doesnt even know about it. He may, but i thought he would have mentioned it.
Very interesting link in dates for the ATIC to be making those recomendation's to the Commanding General of the Airforce in 47-48. Great timing wasnt it

Hope you enjoy the interview:

www.youtube.com...

There is three parts to the interview, the link is part 1.

Cheers,

Havick

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Havick007]

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Havick007]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
If anyone know's of some older interviews similar to this that may hold clue's, please post

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

The security classification of the Roswell finding would of been higher than Top Secret as even Major Keyhoe points out. The ones who had knowledge would of been very careful at wording any memos Top Secret or below by not mentioning anything.

In Major Keyhoe's books, he does state he knows a lot of people in high places and holds a lot of documents personally. Here are some of the many documents and conversations of Major Keyhoe:

www.ufoevidence.org...

His archives are being released and present a treasure trove of knowledge on the subject.

Edited to add: Here is a link to the archives. It costs money to access them here, so some may want to wait until they get posted elsewhere:

www.nicap.org...

[edit on 4/22/2010 by kidflash2008]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

That's really interesting. Thanks for posting.
And sure it's over 50 years old, but many of us here might not remember it or may not have even been born yet, so

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Havick007, great thread - Major Keyhoe's loss of audio in the original CBS programme was pretty intriguing considering the content of what he was saying:

“The Air Force had put out a secret order for its pilots to capture UFOs. For the last six months we have been working with a congressional committee investigating official secrecy concerning proof that UFOs are real machines under intelligent.....”

Major Donald Keyhoe, during a live TV broadcast on CBS in 1958 in which he was pulled from the air when he began to deviate from the prepared format of the programme.

There's a good NICAP link here dealing with the incident and an interesting letter below dealing with the reasons for CBS censorship.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6558a7582d7b.gif[/atsimg]

Newspaper clipping and article about censored CBS programme (pdf)

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

And the documents are where? MJ-12 maybe? haha. FAKE!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

great thanks for the links, ill check em out. I didnt realise he had written a book although its no surprise with all his experiance.
Yeah i know exactly what you mean, and ive heard all the class types, cosmic, maj 12. Even having have top secret clearance doesnt mean you have access to everything, it all comes under need to know blah blah. Im sure you know it all. I was in the navy after college doing electronics and had secret clearance, one under top secret. I would loved to be able to go knocking on doord asking question but id probably loose the clearance or get slammed for even trying. Although back then i was focused on the job not all this stuff. I tell ya what, the amount of paperwork you have to fill out and interviews just for clearance was insane. I would hate to see whats it like at the highest level.

Also all the government dpeartments are compartmentalised, they cant work togther and dont. They never share raw intel etc with eachother. I guess its been set up that for that very reason.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

no probs glad to help.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

ahh interesting i didnt notice that. I saw in the interview he didnt read from that original scrpt he had butt only showed the paperwork. It.s amazing isnt it, all this talk of freedom of speech and then you get that. Although the military does thinks its exempt. Well it is i know. Still it.s not good to see, i cant stand censorship.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Wallace was a little hard on him. But that was his job.

Wallace....

I hadn't seen this interview in years.

Always great when somebody rediscovers it again.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

yeah he was but as you said he has gotta. He had to keep objective and but lean towards to Airforce side. But he wasnt too harsh. Yeah was a good interview i just happened across it on youtube. I was actually looking up edgar mitchel and buss aldrinl stuff related tot hier comments on ufos and noticed that one.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

You just have to watch the interview. Sometimes you can tell when people are being genuine. Just look at his conviction in his statements.
I wouldnt call him fake at all. Also remember this 1958, the ufo subject was no where near as crazy as it is now. Alot of crazies and attention seekers.
Thanks for your opinion though

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I also thought i was very interesting the statement's he made:

He thought there was an indication the UFO/Aliens had set up on Mars.

I compare this to any type of Military campaign. Peaceful or not, when in conflict or going into a foriegn country what is the first thing commanders will do?

Set up forward bases closer to the area of interest. This could be the same for our visitors. Now they may originate from somewhere much more distant but they havent come and gone, they continually come back.

Is it possible they do have a forward base on Mars and also the Moon. It would be convienient for them. I have been studying Mars alot more closely lately due to the find i made on the edge of Endeavour Crater, if you missed it link here :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Using MOC images i have been finding alot of odd areas - fyi i am working on a post but i have found so many things id like opinions on that it is going to take me awhile to get the post ready.
In regard to MOC images many people will say yes what about airbrushing etc. Ok but consider how many MOC, HiRise, HRSC, CTX, and much more images there are. It would take a warehouse full of image experts many years to go through every single photo. With technology comes an increased flow of information at higher rates than the past. With the Moon they have been able to slowly stream edited photos through over the years but it must be getting harder.
From looking over MOC images i do believe my above statement. I am finding odd things, they may not be new structures. Some probably covereerd after Martian dust storms, but every now and then you find a piece of gold amongst the quartz to speak

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Donald Keyhoe has written many books on the subject:

www.amazon.com...=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=donald+keyhoe&x=0&y=0

It is good to try to find the original copies, but there are some reprints out there too. Many libraries carry copies of his books (and sometimes sell them at their clearance sales).

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

ok great thanks

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

HrrHmm bump...

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Anyone else think it is interesting that the Youtube video was recently pulled? Sighted reason, multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement?

Seriously who is going to complain about copyright infringement over an obscure interview from over 6 decades ago? This in my opinion just lent a serious validity to this Post!
edit on 30-1-2014 by AncientSecret because: textual edit

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Maj. keyhoes books are a wealth of information.
He is possibly the one protagonist in that time who i think is honest/honourable....with lots to lose and nothing to gain....
A REAL modern day Paul Revere............and a childhood hero of mine......

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

AncientSecret
Anyone else think it is interesting that the Youtube video was recently pulled? Sighted reason, multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement?

Seriously who is going to complain about copyright infringement over an obscure interview from over 6 decades ago? This in my opinion just lent a serious validity to this Post!
edit on 30-1-2014 by AncientSecret because: textual edit

Probably the owner of the channel infringed somebody elses copyrights. The Keyhoe interviews are all over the place, e.g.:

edit on 31-1-2014 by ForteanOrg because: added pt II and III

top topics

join