It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limbaugh got this one right

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I disagree with Limbaugh on a LOT of things, but this time I couldn't agree more

By Rush Limbaugh:

I think the vast differences in compensation between victims of the September 11 casualty and those who die serving our country in Uniform are profound. No one is really talking about it either, because you just don't criticize anything having to do with September 11. Well,
I can't let the numbers pass by
because it says something really disturbing
about the entitlement mentality of
this country. If you lost a family member in the September 11 attack, you're
going to get an average of $1,185,000. The range is a minimum guarantee of
$250,000, all the way up to $4.7 million..
If you are a surviving family member of an American soldier killed in action,
the first check you get is a $6,000 direct
death benefit, half of which is taxable.

Next, you get $1,750 for burial costs. If you are the surviving spouse, you get
$833 a month until you remarry. And there's a payment of $211 per month for each child
under 18. When the child hits 18, those payments come to a
screeching halt.

Keep in mind that some of the people who are getting an average of $1.185 million up to $4.7 million are complaining
that it's not enough. Their deaths were tragic, but for most, they were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Soldiers put themselves in harms way FOR ALL OF US, and they and their families know the dangers.. (Actually, soldiers are put in harms
way by politicians and commanding
officers.)

www.snopes.com...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

[edit on 22/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I don't know how many time you listen to Rush, but you would be surprised about the things he has right about since last the elections. He was sounding the horn and warning about everything that is happening now back several years ago and during the election time.

But it is sad to see the disparity in those figures. So who deserves the blame? Sadly I think its we the American people that deserve the blame for this disparity. Our veterans and the current armed personnel deserve our best effort for they are the reason that we aren't all wearing swastikas, Kremlin gear, or carrying around little red books. The strength of our army has kept enemy at bay, so the enemy found a new to penetrate our defenses..thru our youth and the impressionable.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
I would like to see our elected officials pick up a weapon and join ranks before they start cutting out benefits and lowering pay for our sons and daughters who are now fighting.

Sadly that'll never happen. Politicians have no problem sending our military to war because they know they'll never be in the line of fire. They'll never agree to stopping their automatic pensions or even decreasing the amount because they'll never give up their cushy lives. They'll never agree to increase the retirement benefits of our troops because then it might force them to cut back somewhere else and we all know how much they love their pet projects and earmarks.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
You're right about where to lay the blame. We like to bitch and moan about the politicians, but ultimately it is we the people who should stand for our soldiers as they stand for us.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

RUSH is documented to being right 99.2% of the time. He is usually a sure thing to stick with when it comes to Obama and the Dems.

I like him as he keeps the pressure on the Dems and any bad politician.

PALIN/RUSH 2012 !!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/83ab8edb5f47.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by DAVID64

RUSH is documented to being right 99.2% of the time. He is usually a sure thing to stick with when it comes to Obama and the Dems.

I like him as he keeps the pressure on the Dems and any bad politician.

PALIN/RUSH 2012 !!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/83ab8edb5f47.jpg[/atsimg]

WTF!

Uh, I'd really like to see the source for this "documentation"!

Sorry, but Rush is just a propagandist for the Republican Party.
Note I said "Republican Party", not conservatism.
Now PT Barnum was documented accurate when he said "there's a sucker born every minute"!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
While this article was true back in 2002 a lot has changed since then. I followed the snopes link you attached to you OP and the new monetary payouts are listed below the original Rush Limbagh statement. While I do agree you were right OP, just 8 years late.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I'm not concentrating on the dollar amounts but on the gist of the message. Congress is willing to throw money everywhere except where it is most needed and deserved. These men and women in our military risk and lose their LIVES defending us and how do they get repaid? Pretty damn poorly.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Limbaugh complaining about people feeling entitled is beyond ridiculous. There was never a man or woman in America that felt and acted more self-entitled than him.

Also, it's easy to say when you're filthy stinking rich and sit around all day running your fat flabby mouth bitching about problems you have absolutely no clue about. Light up that $100 cigar you fack sack of ****. You don't have a clue.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
That being said, yes Congress throws around money in a completely ridiculous fashion. Let's start with military spending. Our country spends more than 12 x as much as the next leading spender in the world. You wanta cut some fat from the budget? There's a good place to start.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

My husband was in the Army for 6 years, went to Iraq twice. We were paid very well during his time of active duty and extremely well compensated when he was deployed. Paid off all our bills, lived for free, discounted food, clothes etc. We were better off financially when he was in the Army (I only worked part0time for $8/hour) than we do now both working full time. I'm not saying life was perfect, far from it wars and deployments sucked and caused a lot of stress but financially we were great is all i'm saying.

top topics

join