It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who took this photo on the moon ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I think Kenoch has hit the nail on the head. They mounted cameras on the lander and on the rover. They also had tripod- mounted cameras. They rigged these to record their explorations at the South Massif and elsewhere, in fact most of the moving film from Apollo 17 was shot with mounted cameras.
Apollo 17 has a history of 'third astronaut' claims, there was even an alleged clear close-up photo. This has served NASA well ( as do so many conspiracist claims) in helping obfuscate the real evidence, which is that the whole mission was about investigating signs of past alien activity in the Taurus-Littrow valley, and the way those mounted cameras were positioned to avoid filming anything anomalous.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Could there have been a camera on tripod with a timer out of sight, or camera mounted some where else out sight that was just snapping photos?

No you don't need someone to take a photo, you just need a camera set up some place with a timer, or a camera that is remote controlled.

That being said it is a weird photo and does require sum explainin.

Add edit:
plus there was obviously an externally mounted camera on the LIM or we would have never saw Neil Armstrong step off of the ladder for the first time.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by davec0021]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Why is the image in the visor not pointed directly at the astronaut? Because the one taking the picture wasn't aiming at him, he was aiming at that the dark area (cave?) in the center area of the picture. The astronaut is to one side of the frame. If the astronaut was centered in the frame, you'd see the reflected image facing directly at him, like in the famous portrait of Aldrin taken by Armstrong from Apollo 11.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Have you guys seen the movie "Watchmen"?

Its obvious, the guy taking the photo is Dr. Manhattan!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This might aswell be from a trainingmission in the american deasert where many pictures have been taken in order to analyse the the astronauts agility in the suits.
This picture might also been taken slightly from above with a shutter on timer and therefor the camera is "hidden" and the "observer" without the suit is exposed.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I would like to just throw this out there, although this image is very compelling there are a number of possible explanations that I can clearly find. #1 being the fact that not only were the astronauts outfitted with cameras so was their lunar rover & lander. These cameras were remotely operated via central command. Just a thought although...who really knows?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Has anyone thought of what the person in the reflection is looking at? Take a look at the rock in front of him, toward the top left, is that a face?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ppk55
I'm not talking about the range of the lens, of bloody course a wide angle can reveal more of the scene, but it can't suddenly reveal the back of your shoulder or foot that a normal lens couldn't. That is what is being proposed here. A magical lens that you can aim at someone and it can reveal their backside. yeah.

Originally posted by samureyed
What? A convex lens (fisheye) will absolutely reveal more than a normal mirror. A large convex can reveal almost up to 180 degrees, while a normal mirror is much more limited.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by ppk55]

Your rant in bold who proposed that

Its the shadow of the Astronaut that shows the backpack whats up are you just bitter because you did not look at the picture long enough before making your OP.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Mystery solved.

While it does seem like an odd angle for the other astronaut to be standing in,
if you look at this enlargement, with outlines added, I believe you'll agree:

1. It is very conceivable the astronaut is holding his camera as if he's taking a photo.

2. The shadow proves this is an astronaut (an earlier poster stated it didn't look like one).

[edit on 22-4-2010 by beReal]

[edit on 22-4-2010 by beReal]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vesica
This might aswell be from a trainingmission in the american deasert where many pictures have been taken in order to analyse the the astronauts agility in the suits.
This picture might also been taken slightly from above with a shutter on timer and therefor the camera is "hidden" and the "observer" without the suit is exposed.

Look at this post look at shadow of Astronaut in visor you can see the backpack in the shadow.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
What makes me laugh at all the people trying so hard to make it look like the moonlanding was faked is that they fail to understand that!!!

*drum roll*

the photo ISNT of the astronaut, but it's of whatever is in the center!

Done, problem solved.

That explains the way the reflection depicts him facing the way he is facing
Also you can clearly see the backpack in the shadow

What REALLY gets me is why that pitch blackness in the center portion looks so unnatural.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Is that the whole photo?
seems to me it has been cropped, can anyone get the original photo from nasa?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyc55
reply to post by scraze

This qoute states there were only 2 guys roaming around on the moon, but the answer were looking for now is... How come the guy in the reflection looks out of place?

If we can't manage to give a logical reason for the '2nd' man then we could say this was staged.

Because after 6 "staged" missions, they'd suddenly screw up and have some random stagehand take a pic.

The simplest explanation is usually correct - going to the Moon is a much simpler undertaking than faking it 6 1/2 times with no glaring mistakes AND keeping everyone quiet for 40 years.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by wmd_2008

Yes.

Jack's reflection is distorted in Gene's helmet. By looking at his shadow it can be seen that Jack is aiming his camera toward Gene.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da121d1ecc31.png[/atsimg]

The camera can be removed from the chest mount.

[edit on 4/22/2010 by Phage]

Great photo. This photo (external photo) also shows how the helmet visor clearly distorts distance. Look and the gold metal rod on the ground at his feet and then look in the helmet and it looks much further away. Also his shadow is longer in the visor than it is on the ground.

Clearly this is a distortion of the visor and there was not a third person on the moon taking pictures.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Nasa probably just release these shots to wind people up.

anyway heres my utterly useless 2cents.

1. I do think the guy in reflection is in a slightly odd outfit, particularly the legs. Maybe this is just dirt. The main guys suit looks very dirty. Had they been rolling around inside the cave they are taking a picture of? or is he in the wrong gear?

2. In the top right hand corner there is a white blotch were dust has been moved. fine. Move over slightly to a smaller white blotch. Is that a bootprint up there?

3. maybe the shadow in the relfection was added. Why is there only a shadow for the astronaut. Shouldn't some of the rocky stuff at bottom of helmet be casting shadows in the reflection?

just some observations. sure intelligent folks here can explain them all away.

intersting pic.

peace

[edit on 22-4-2010 by JohnySeagull]

all edits for crap spelling , sorry

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This is definitely a quality find.

There is no obvious object in the helmet that looks like a camera. The other astronauts camera is pointing in the wrong direction

The camera could be mounted on an object further away but that suggests a zoom lens - how could that be in focus? (unless the photo is cropped)

Something does not add up

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
There's no mystery here. The guy who took the photo is in the photo. Look carefully at his shadow, which way it's pointed and the shape of it. It may appear that he's standing on an angle but that's just the illusion caused by the sun coming in from the side. His shadow looks to me like he's standing face on to the guy being photographed ie. no angle. Sorry to have to burst your bubble but this one isn't a myster.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I just have 1 question for those who say the photo was taken by the astronaut... How in God's name can his shadow point in 1 direction, but his body in another? That's not possible, your shadow on Earth "replicates" your outline . . . Am I missing something here?? Please explain to me how that is possible, without a 2nd light source??

(OMG, I 'm going to get flamed again in a number of days
)

The light source has to come from the left to generate that image, yet it seems it was at an angle from the top left to produce a shadow showing his "back pack"....

I don't know anymore, I'm confused... Someone PLEASE explain this to me.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by TortoiseKweek]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

First, the imagery seems to have too much resolution for a video cam, It then must have been a hand-held Hasserbad (sp). Maybe a film movie camera?

Second, there is evidence of jagged rocks at the side and behind the vison. So it is unlikely to have been taken from the door of the Landing module since the helmet person is apparently tilted forward

Three, the image was taken from a height of several feet, I would guess at least 20 feet above the othr figure.

Four, the shadow of the figure below seems to indicate a life support system, but the white appearance of it is lacking on the person.

Fifth, the little figure does not at all look bulky enough to be fully suited for Moon walking, or white enough either.

Lastly, would the LEM land that close to an extremely dangerous pit with large boulder in it?

None of these points actually get into the two-men or three-men arena.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
I just have 1 question for those who say the photo was taken by the astronaut... How in God's name can his shadow point in 1 direction, but his body in another? That's not possible, your shadow on Earth "replicates" your outline . . . Am I missing something here?? Please explain to me how that is possible, without a 2nd light source??

(OMG, I 'm going to get flamed again in a number of days
)

The light source has to come from the left to generate that image, yet it seems it was at an angle from the left to produce a shadow showing his "back pack"....

I don't know anymore, I'm confused... Someone PLEASE explain this to me.

What direction is the sun light coming from also the helmet shape distorts what you see in the reflection its simple.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join