It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does it seem that all end of the worlders are..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
overly religous people? I am personally athiest and honestly dont care if the world ends tomorrow. My reasoning is below

I was raised lutheran, unitil 6th grade when our teacher got busted for well lets say being not to christian. He was caught with a fellow student i am sure you can guess that it wasnt a female student. Oh and he was our religion teacher also. Anyway my parents and almost everyone elses parents removed thier children.

I then became enlightend and realized that it was truely a sin to worship false idols. I have since been non religous and dont ever expect to become that way.

Now on to the enders, i just dont understand thier thought pattern. Always expecting to rise to heaven in glory. While the rest of us burn in hell, doesnt that leave everyone here currently stuck in purgatory untill we die.

If we were to go by the bible here Purgatory is a staging area can you say Earth? Now i am probably way off her but i am sure some of you bible thumpers will correct me. Isnt Purgatory a little of both Heaven and Hell if it is then why would it matter if we died tomorrow? we have all experienced the best and worst of times so just buck up and live life like a diamond ring!

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I think the most ironic part of that is that the "bible-thuppers" should know that in that book they are thupping, it says in Relevations 16:15-16 "15 "Listen! I will come as a thief comes! Happy are those who stay awake and keep their clothes on so that they will not walk around naked and have people see their shame." 16 Then the evil spirits gathered the kings together to the place that is called Armageddon in the Hebrew language. "

This means that they wont know when the Lord is coming, so how can they expect to predict it?

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I don't believe all or even most og the "end of the worlders" are either spiritual - most people on earth are not even overly spiritual and secondly most predictions of end times are not from religious sources.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
OK heres some things to BARE IN MIND!

1) If there is a GOD and the Bible is true then some amazing things are awaiting

2) Do you have to follow God to believe in him? Does Satan follow God?

3) Does Satan believe in God? (If he doesnt then who is he fighting?)

4) Does it take greater faith to believe in Gods prophecies for the future, which may include some doom and gloom OR to live your life for God doing as Jesus commanded, loving your neighbour? I think to believe in some crazy end of the world thing is easier than to genuinely try and love everyone you come in contact with. Who gets into heaven anyway
isnt it those with love??
isnt God love??

5) Just because someone picks up a bible, reads it..takes a step back and thinks...wait a fkcing minute....this $hi7 could be going down NOW!! does that mean they are going to heaven? Isnt the Devil one of the most clued up "bible readers"..I think if the evil one popped into a bible study group he could really enlighten them..considering IF he exists his SEEN and personally EXPERIECED 80% of the Bible and 100% of the life of Jesus Cbrist..mankinds saviour.

6) IF there is a GOD...and if the bible is TRUE...it says that even the DEMONS believe and TREMBLE...even the agents and workers of supreme evil (Much greater evil than any single man could do in one life time considering demons are spirits and have lived for thousands of years(once again thats IF you believe in demons, angels, spirits and all of that which resides in the Good Book or Bible))

7) Even if there are "millions" or "billions" of Christian today, are they Christians in the eyes of GOD or in the eyes of man?? You see a REAL christian is someone who goes against the WORLD, who follows God. Jesus said those who follow him are those who keep his commandments. Think about , or read the bible for Jesus's commandments. Then transpose and apply that to todays Christianity. You see any resemalance??? Todays Church owes more to the founding fathers of psychology than to Jesus.Remeber this please, Jesus used the word "many" in different contexts and maybe Im WAY of base posting this but he said these two things: "MANY will come to me saying Lord Lord......and I will say Depart from me I do not know you"...and the second is....."Go through the narrow gate for broad is the way to HELL and MANY follow it" Thats the irony! If there is a hell, if the bible is true..and if the pagans dont repent the way they should they will spend eternity with 99% modern day "Christains"!!

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthStrgnrThanFiction
OK heres some things to BARE IN MIND!

1) If there is a GOD and the Bible is true then some amazing things are awaiting

2) Do you have to follow God to believe in him? Does Satan follow God?

3) Does Satan believe in God? (If he doesnt then who is he fighting?)

4) Does it take greater faith to believe in Gods prophecies for the future, which may include some doom and gloom OR to live your life for God doing as Jesus commanded, loving your neighbour? I think to believe in some crazy end of the world thing is easier than to genuinely try and love everyone you come in contact with. Who gets into heaven anyway
isnt it those with love??
isnt God love??

5) Just because someone picks up a bible, reads it..takes a step back and thinks...wait a fkcing minute....this $hi7 could be going down NOW!! does that mean they are going to heaven? Isnt the Devil one of the most clued up "bible readers"..I think if the evil one popped into a bible study group he could really enlighten them..considering IF he exists his SEEN and personally EXPERIECED 80% of the Bible and 100% of the life of Jesus Cbrist..mankinds saviour.

6) IF there is a GOD...and if the bible is TRUE...it says that even the DEMONS believe and TREMBLE...even the agents and workers of supreme evil (Much greater evil than any single man could do in one life time considering demons are spirits and have lived for thousands of years(once again thats IF you believe in demons, angels, spirits and all of that which resides in the Good Book or Bible))

7) Even if there are "millions" or "billions" of Christian today, are they Christians in the eyes of GOD or in the eyes of man?? You see a REAL christian is someone who goes against the WORLD, who follows God. Jesus said those who follow him are those who keep his commandments. Think about , or read the bible for Jesus's commandments. Then transpose and apply that to todays Christianity. You see any resemalance??? Todays Church owes more to the founding fathers of psychology than to Jesus.Remeber this please, Jesus used the word "many" in different contexts and maybe Im WAY of base posting this but he said these two things: "MANY will come to me saying Lord Lord......and I will say Depart from me I do not know you"...and the second is....."Go through the narrow gate for broad is the way to HELL and MANY follow it" Thats the irony! If there is a hell, if the bible is true..and if the pagans dont repent the way they should they will spend eternity with 99% modern day "Christains"!!

I am going to reply by number i hope this helps.

1. Yes if this stuff is true we will experiance something amazing. I cant wait to see i will be interesting if this god stuff is true and see where i end up. I will probably remain in purgatory (earth)

2. No i dont belive you would need to believe to follow him as religon is a state of mind. Of course the devil follows god they were pals at one time.

3. Well if satan is able to think, then yes he would believe in god as he would have to be real to believe.

4. Here Here believing in the end of the world and living for it is as crazy as beliving in god. Yes the world will end one day we have proof but why worry oh and god......Proof? Anyone ?

5. Yes i do believe you will be reserved a spot in heaven if you accepct the lord as your saviour. It is stated that jesus already died for ALL of our sins so why would you need to believe anyway.

6. Well let me ask you this if there is a god why did he let my teacher have his way with my fellow student? i would say this is a very unfair god to let someone who preached his word do such an awfull act.

7. i dont realy have a comment

8. i would like to see a show of hands, every one who is a thumper and has a horrible senario for our world please sound off.

I am stepping back, let Round ONE begin....... DING DING DING

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I agree with you Leigon, Most of these People dont like there lives so the dwell on a so called "end of the world"/ and another side effect of these pathetic people is that they believe in a "god"/ Frankly it makes me sick!

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warhappy
I agree with you Leigon, Most of these People dont like there lives so the dwell on a so called "end of the world"/ and another side effect of these pathetic people is that they believe in a "god"/ Frankly it makes me sick!

You shouldnt feel that way and this is the reason why, if you claim to feel ill thumpers will automatically assume you need to be saved. What you should feel is nothing as i do, i find it funny i have never oncve told a christian that they are wasting thier time it is totaly thier buisness. Now if they start attacking me telling me i am going to hell and blah blah blah. I just look at them and say it is a little to late as the world we currently live in is quite hellish.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Actually, I find it odd that you state this.

I am a "bible-thumper"...whatever the hell that means. I read my Bible and I'm a christian. When I read my bible it no where states that the world will come to an end.

Now, I am a student of eschatology and I watch intently for signs of the timeline of events prophecied in the bible, but the black letters on the white page of MY bible form words of hope...not doom.

No, I think that the "end-of-the-worlders" tend to be paranoid, obsessive/compulsive nay-saying conspiracy freaks that believe in NWOs and Illuminati's. Maybe it comes from being hopeless nonbelievers who are scared the 75 some odd years they have on earth might be cut short by some evil-mongering organization if they don't keep one eye-open all the time...I'm not sure.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Actually, I find it odd that you state this.

I am a "bible-thumper"...whatever the hell that means. I read my Bible and I'm a christian. When I read my bible it no where states that the world will come to an end.

Now, I am a student of eschatology and I watch intently for signs of the timeline of events prophecied in the bible, but the black letters on the white page of MY bible form words of hope...not doom.

No, I think that the "end-of-the-worlders" tend to be paranoid, obsessive/compulsive nay-saying conspiracy freaks that believe in NWOs and Illuminati's. Maybe it comes from being hopeless nonbelievers who are scared the 75 some odd years they have on earth might be cut short by some evil-mongering organization if they don't keep one eye-open all the time...I'm not sure.

Vaulhaul

I would like to thank you for tanking a minute to read my thread. i will be replying to your questions.

1. Bible thumper Dictionay.com

It is listed as being vulgar, it is not meant as vulgar it is just a figure of speeach to me personaly. The definition given on the link above i do agree with but. it is not in a degrading way or demeaning way. please see my other posts in this thread and it is clear that i am in no way degrading religion or religons. I am just making a correlation back to the enders and what type of people are involved. Yes i do agree that saying the end is coming on a certain date is a little crazy. I feel the same about religion so.........on to the next question

In your bible i believe it should say this "The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness. (2 Thessalonians 1:3-2:12 NKJV) "

I would say that pretty much say we are all gunna die if we dont get on our knees for god. Oh and yes i do know the devil can quote scipture for his own doing

join