It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by TruthStrgnrThanFiction
OK heres some things to BARE IN MIND!
1) If there is a GOD and the Bible is true then some amazing things are awaiting
2) Do you have to follow God to believe in him? Does Satan follow God?
3) Does Satan believe in God? (If he doesnt then who is he fighting?)
4) Does it take greater faith to believe in Gods prophecies for the future, which may include some doom and gloom OR to live your life for God doing as Jesus commanded, loving your neighbour? I think to believe in some crazy end of the world thing is easier than to genuinely try and love everyone you come in contact with. Who gets into heaven anyway isnt it those with love?? isnt God love??
5) Just because someone picks up a bible, reads it..takes a step back and thinks...wait a fkcing minute....this $hi7 could be going down NOW!! does that mean they are going to heaven? Isnt the Devil one of the most clued up "bible readers"..I think if the evil one popped into a bible study group he could really enlighten them..considering IF he exists his SEEN and personally EXPERIECED 80% of the Bible and 100% of the life of Jesus Cbrist..mankinds saviour.
6) IF there is a GOD...and if the bible is TRUE...it says that even the DEMONS believe and TREMBLE...even the agents and workers of supreme evil (Much greater evil than any single man could do in one life time considering demons are spirits and have lived for thousands of years(once again thats IF you believe in demons, angels, spirits and all of that which resides in the Good Book or Bible))
7) Even if there are "millions" or "billions" of Christian today, are they Christians in the eyes of GOD or in the eyes of man?? You see a REAL christian is someone who goes against the WORLD, who follows God. Jesus said those who follow him are those who keep his commandments. Think about , or read the bible for Jesus's commandments. Then transpose and apply that to todays Christianity. You see any resemalance??? Todays Church owes more to the founding fathers of psychology than to Jesus.Remeber this please, Jesus used the word "many" in different contexts and maybe Im WAY of base posting this but he said these two things: "MANY will come to me saying Lord Lord......and I will say Depart from me I do not know you"...and the second is....."Go through the narrow gate for broad is the way to HELL and MANY follow it" Thats the irony! If there is a hell, if the bible is true..and if the pagans dont repent the way they should they will spend eternity with 99% modern day "Christains"!!
Originally posted by Warhappy
I agree with you Leigon, Most of these People dont like there lives so the dwell on a so called "end of the world"/ and another side effect of these pathetic people is that they believe in a "god"/ Frankly it makes me sick!
Originally posted by Valhall
Actually, I find it odd that you state this.
I am a "bible-thumper"...whatever the hell that means. I read my Bible and I'm a christian. When I read my bible it no where states that the world will come to an end.
Now, I am a student of eschatology and I watch intently for signs of the timeline of events prophecied in the bible, but the black letters on the white page of MY bible form words of hope...not doom.
No, I think that the "end-of-the-worlders" tend to be paranoid, obsessive/compulsive nay-saying conspiracy freaks that believe in NWOs and Illuminati's. Maybe it comes from being hopeless nonbelievers who are scared the 75 some odd years they have on earth might be cut short by some evil-mongering organization if they don't keep one eye-open all the time...I'm not sure.