It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"South Park" airs censored episode after threat

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicious Jones

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno

I only wish the South Park guys had not bowed their heads to Islam for they may be cut off.

They didn't. Comedy Central lacked the courage to show it in its original form. This statement is from the South Park Studios Website:

www.southparkstudios.com...

Posted on: 04.22.10
A Statement from Matt and Trey

In the 14 years we've been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn't stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn't some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle's customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn't mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We'll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we'll see what happens to it.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I SERIOUSLY cannot believe that there are 5 pages of people posting....did you guys REALLY not get the "joke"? (or the "point") whatever you want to call it?? There is NO "uncensored" version...The "censored" version that we all saw was EXACTLY how they planned it...EXACTLY how they wrote it....I can't believe how many pages of nonsense there are about "theories" on "what happened"...WHAT???! Seriously people...COME ON

EDIT: I do however find it amusing that inbetween suicide bombings and planning attacks, the terrorists have time to watch South Park....I guess everyone needs a little downtime...even God rested on the 7th day

[edit on 22-4-2010 by PeterGriffin]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PeterGriffin

I SERIOUSLY can't believe you didn't take the time to read even the post above yours. The creators have stated that comedy central edited their original work.

Now, back on topic. I wonder if there were phone calls or something, anything other than 1 lame # website making threats. That does not really seem logical to me.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
searching 4 truth...i DID read it...PUBLICITY...the statement is BS

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PeterGriffin

And where did you draw your conclusion from?
Did they also hack the islamic site, or was that part of stunt?
Did they also hack the web site?

Assuming they hacked the site, and put up the drawing, that is simply not their style. That's simply hatred granted prompted by the hatred of others, but hatred non the less. They satire not hacking for the sole purpose of offense, there was nothing funny about that, at least not in sense of humor of the show.

If you did read the statement above yours, then my apologies.

edit: I do agree that it's pretty funny radicals have the time for south park, I guess their comedy crosses the cultural divide.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by searching4truth]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
reply to post by Vicious Jones

does freedom of speech grant you the right to directly insult , ?

----

in my opinion southpark should be put off the airwaves and be made in to a 3 year university study course, its just a trashy sitcom which rides the waves of foul language with little or non of own ingenuity as far as story telling goes.

Freedom of speech absolutely and inherently gives a person the right to insult others. What you find offensive, others may not. Someone will always be offended by the words of another whether it be justified or simple hypersensitivity. It is not a right to not have your feelings hurt.

If offence being taken is the key to all this, then let me say that I am offended by someone, somewhere, deciding for me what I should see and/or hear. (and I imagine that goes for most people on ATS)

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Searching4truth...I guess we can agree to disagree

I guess I did jump to my own conclusion and stick with it but I really do think it was just for publicity...ehhh...who knows, but it is pretty awesome picturing them taking time off and laughing at Eric Cartman for a moment

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
So Stone & Parker buckled? Hopeless!

IRM :shk:

I don't know. I may not watch the show...this pisses me off. I hate cowards.

For anyone interested, here is an excellent video that addresses some of the cowardice seen in these actions:

I am not pushing this mans political views. But his opinion on the cowardice of our political correctness is spot on.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeterGriffin
Searching4truth...I guess we can agree to disagree

I guess I did jump to my own conclusion and stick with it but I really do think it was just for publicity...ehhh...who knows, but it is pretty awesome picturing them taking time off and laughing at Eric Cartman for a moment

I suppose.

I agree that south park is a silly thing to be discussed on ats, not everything is a conspiracy.

However, I HATE censorship and I HATE intimidation tactics and even more so when those tactics seem to work. That's my point in a nutshell.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by dragonsmusic

It wasn't a setup, news sources have been provided and it was the decision of Comedy Central to edit and censor both the visuals and audio references to Mohammed.

Not Trey and Matt

[edit on 22/4/10 by blupblup]

Sorry, I read as far as what Signals said, agreed with it, and replied without reading the rest.
Last time I blindly follow Signals' lead

kidding , sig, if you see this, that was my own fault.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'm so sick of people caving in to the demands of these insane cowards. I believe people have a choice in matters. Matt and Trey didn't get to make a choice on the content of their own work. And all because Comedy Central can't stand up to a threat that won't truly materialize anyway. Simply disgusting.

Show the so-called "prophet." Give no mercy or respect to those willing to kill for him. South Park is popular enough to have its own cable channel anyway. Who cares about radicals leveling our buildings or killing our people when we topple our resolve for them anyway? Enough "political correctness." We don't need to be sensitive to cold-blooded barbarians. Things have gotten beyond ridiculous when we are afraid of offending our enemies.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Ok, I just got through watching both episodes. Pretty good stuff.

But the thing that makes me doubt that it was CC that edited the show and not Trey and Matt is that when Tom Cruise gets the goo he becomes censored too. This doesn't make any sense unless the whole black box censorship thing is part of the story.

I know Tey and Matt have released a statment saying this is not how they edited the show, and that CC has released a statement saying that they are responsible for the edits, but this still doesn't quite smell right in light of the fact that TC becomes censored for a while.

Also is the whole bleeping of mohamed's name. Why would they do that when the week before they didn't? It almost seems like they are trying to make a point, and at the same time referencing the show where they say the s word every few seconds. In that episode the s word was not bleeped out, but in this episode the profits name is said every few seconds, but is bleeped out. Possibly making the point that saying somone's name is apparently worse than saying curse words. This wouldn't make any sense and would be to hard to figure out if it wasn't set up in the previous episode... hence a two part story.

I don't know. I'm not saying it wasn't censored by CC, but certain things in the show don't seem to make sense unless it was written to be bleeped and blacked out.

What ever the case, Trey Parker and Matt Stone are great. Once again they have gotten us all to think. This show is so much more than just dirty words and fart jokes. It's by far the most intelligent thing on telivision. The fact that so many dismiss it as just a crude and vulgar show just proves that those people aren't enlightened enough to see past the dick jokes. It's almost esoteric like that. Intentionally driving away the week minded by disguising itself as something moronic.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I can't say I blame them. The cartoonist who drew the picture of Muhammad with a bomb in his turban now has to have protection from the Danish secret service to go to and from work, and his house had to be fitted with security doors and a panic room. In 2008, a group of three men was even arrested after getting caught in a conspiracy to kill him. As many as 100 people died in the protests of those cartoons.

South Park's creators aren't afraid of controversy, but I don't think they want to get people killed or have to live in fear for the rest of their lives over a cartoon.

As for these Fundie Muslims, I can't think of a worse group of people. They're like the Westboro Baptist Church, except they control entire countries and there's billions of them. The "Powers That Be" love this kind of violent reaction from their puppets, though. If it weren't for militant religious fundamentalism, the scum bags leading all the wars in this world wouldn't have any way to recruit their armies.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Acidtastic

Hmmmm I'm intrigued too.... *scratches head*

If anyone does know, let us know ok?

Check out the email address under the 'contact us' button.

LOL! Definitely a piss take!

IRM

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I doubt they did. I watched the episode. They had the CENSOR sign over tom cruise after he got the "I cannot be ridiculed" cream off mohammod, and he was running around till he got a superfriend, sea man, on his back during a fight and Kyle said "Hey Look, Tom cruise has sea man (who has a bird on his shoulder called swallow) on his back!" as the in-joke. Then he lost his Censor sign and carried on about how he cannot be made fun of in public anymore !!!

They planned it all along in my opinion, and I think that this muslim group went crazy over the last episode, just made it all the more ironic that this episode was all about taking the mickey out of EVERYTHING except islam. And in the end, took the mickey out of islam the most.

They did it superbly, if you ask me.

Tip toeing around the issue, to make the issue bark.. and it barked...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
COME ON PEOPLE it's obvious Parker/Stone did this on purpose and to make a point....they knew what Ep.1 would create and set it all up!!!

You think they're gonna cave now after all the people they've ripped???

THANK CHRIST!!! And not your avatar

Im not the only one who 'got it' Whew!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
to think matt and trey beat out tom cruise when he threatened that if comedy central aired the scientology episode he wouldn't do mission impossible 4, not to mention issac hayes said he would quit. well matt and trey won and now they're going to bow down to a bunch of idiot muslim extremists.

i hate religion soooo much!!!!!! this is always the result. they get their damn feelings hurt and want everybody to go to hell.

screw allah, screw mohammad, screw buddah, screw mary, screw jesus, screw god, screw religion.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

reply to post by fieryjaguarpaw

Here ya go....

Episode 200 (first part of the Mohammed story)
Part 1

Episode 201 (Part 2 of Mohammed story)
Part 2

Haha well thats better than the U2U I just sent them on where to get it..

Wonder if it's location restricted...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by fieryjaguarpaw
Ok, I just got through watching both episodes. Pretty good stuff.

But the thing that makes me doubt that it was CC that edited the show and not Trey and Matt is that when Tom Cruise gets the goo he becomes censored too. This doesn't make any sense unless the whole black box censorship thing is part of the story.

Re-read the statement by Parker and Stone posted on page 4 (If you read it to begin with):

Originally posted by searching4truth
Here is a link to Trey and Matt's response via www.southparkstudios.com...

And in case you don't want to click the link

Posted on: 04.22.10 A Statement from Matt and Trey In the 14 years we've been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn't stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn't some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle's customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn't mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We'll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we'll see what happens to it.

Note that they only mention CC adding the bleeps, which means editing the sound. Their statement doesn't say anything about the visual "censored" boxes, so it's possible the visual censoring was done by Parker and Stone and the audio censoring was done by CC. That's what it looks like to me, but since their statement doesn't address the visual censoring, it's hard to say for sure.

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

I don't know. I may not watch the show...this pisses me off. I hate cowards.

I don't think Stone and Parker buckled, read their statement. I suspect it was the executives at Comedy Central that buckled.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Arbitrageur]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join