It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"South Park" airs censored episode after threat

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Funny thing is, no one actually knows what mohamed looks like. You could have put a carrot on screen and called it mohamed.

In the end, it really doesn’t matter a whole lot if CC caved, if SP meant to do this as a spoof showing just how nuts this issue is, the show aired, people are talking about it, and nothing will happen. Tomorrow the hate between religions will still be there, politicians will continue to bash everything the other side says, and life will go on. Nothing will be learned, no side of any issue will see good in anything that they didn’t come up with first. The rigidity and separations that continue to divide us all will continue. Be it beliefs, money, pride, power, whatever, we will continue to divide and hate, that’s just how it is.

It is nice to see that SP did take on this issue. In a world where everyone is mad and name calling in the name of whatever their issue or group is, SP goes after everyone, hard and equally. I do applaud them for that. It is nice to have one last bastion where I can simply see all sides being made fun of, even the issues and groups that I personally agree with.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I would like to see one fundamentalist Muslim pull that act in protest but no they enjoy taking a quick road out and taking others with them...

damn I love Buddhists, much respect.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4ortunate1
reply to post by blupblup

No ants, animals or other humans besides the protester himself were harmed I believe. The monks in Tibet go as far as removing ants on construction sites so they don't get killed. They are the least violent religion by far.

I'm obviously well aware of that, My post was tongue in cheek.

But to say that Buddhists are only peace loving people with no balls, not saying you said that but some have that misconception, is clearly inaccurate.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Sickle_And_Hammer

I agree with you young man

Honestly, I havent watched SP in years, but these are the same people who brought us the movie "Orgasmo!" (Anyone up for a little "DVDA"?)

If you've seen the film you'll know what DVDA means....

I think the creators are far too crude and disrespectful to give a flying F about the radical Islamic threat. If anything, it was probably a compromise between them and Comedy Central

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Just to point out a funny development (sorry if it's already been pointed out) the www.revolutionislam.com seems to have been hacked

For the time being at least it shows that image of Muhammed with a bomb in his turban.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicious Jones
Apparently the site was taken down? As to who played the cards idk.

Revolution Muslim Taken Down

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Vicious Jones]

IP address:
Error: Try again

Host name: revolutionmuslim.com

Alias:
revolutionmuslim.com
is from () in region

[color=gold]TraceRoute to [revolutionmuslim.com]
Hop (ms) (ms) (ms) IP Address Host name

Trace complete

Heh, Priceless

Retrieving DNS records for revolutionmuslim.com...
Attempt to get a DNS server for revolutionmuslim.com failed: revolutionmuslim.com The query returned a server failure

Whois query for revolutionmuslim.com...

Results returned from whois.internic.net:

Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to www.internic.net...
for detailed information.

Domain Name: REVOLUTIONMUSLIM.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: www.enom.com...
Name Server: NS1.GREENGEEKS.COM
Name Server: NS2.GREENGEEKS.COM
Updated Date: 21-apr-2010
Creation Date: 05-dec-2007
Expiration Date: 05-dec-2010

No one home at that site...

That alternate site Revolution.I.SLAM is a great replacement. I used to have a link to a website displaying the activities in muslim countries (in my sig) ... how they worship ... but I guess that was just controversial for ATS LOL... Truth, hahah, as long as it's not too offensive.
BTW The picture on the site above is directly from the other site I used to link to in my sig.

Edit to add: We all need to take time to educate ourselves and understand Islam ... It's worth the time ... However, photographs of their religion usually come with warnings.

[edit on 4·22·10 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
By censoring the episode, South Park succeeded far more greatly than had they played the normal episode uncensored.

Well done, whether they planned the censorship or not. The message received global coverage.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565

in my opinion southpark should be put off the airwaves and be made in to a 3 year university study course, its just a trashy sitcom which rides the waves of foul language with little or non of own ingenuity as far as story telling goes.

Its funny but I love satirical TV shows in general, societies who don't self analysis and flay every aspect of their culture every now and then are doomed, America has a real problem with doing satire right however, but South Park in my mind is one that actually does it correctly and in an American way that isnt unwatchable.

Thing is to me, are they really insulting or putting forward a very frank comment. Such comments need to be made, most normal people can tell when a frank observation or comment about something is plainly wrong. But often those the comment is directed at, take insult because it reveals something they dont want to address about themselves. Insult at a justified observation is a good indicator of to much pride.

Sure such comments can hurt, but some comments need to be made, often in a way that makes people take note.

South Park does it well, its like a slap in the face with a cold fish... be thankful some ones doing it. Pitty they caved in this time

Good thing about South Park is they target EVERYONE, they are the court jester of old, only with a loud "F'U" rather than a funny hat and jokes about the king being fat

[edit on 22-4-2010 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Regardless of where a threat is coming from, it's always a good policy to ignore it, and go ahead with whatever planned action that caused it in the first place, anyway.

It's like with terrorism. We don't negotiate with terrorists for a reason. We don't want to encourage them.

That, and if somebody threatens me, I enjoy pissing them off.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

I completely disagree. It reflects back to us the society we live in, in a way that puts us in a positive mood and at the same time makes us think. A show like family guy should be put off the air, its a show that only those who watch a lot of television can understand (With a few exceptions of course).

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
remember the Crusades...
we show’d them.

they should call a army unit the Crusaders!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The guy who killed Theo van Gogh was no more of a fundie than those sicko Christians who murder abortion clinic workers. Just saying.. sicko fundies are not exclusive to Islam.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

ummm, yeah. your right?

except thats stupid. where as this is popular humor for a purpose. I dont even know where your drawing the connection?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Just another notch on the bed for fanatical muslims screwing over the general populace expecting them to pander to their terrorist whims.

I'm suprised other religions haven't decided to start using terror threats to get their way as it seems to work awfully well for Islam.

It seems as a whole society has lost its backbone and would rather break under a threat of violence instead of standing up for what it believes which is deeply saddening

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

Hate the individuals that make the threats and do the deeds not the billion+ other Muslims that just want to get on with their lives.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
I'm suprised other religions haven't decided to start using terror threats to get their way as it seems to work awfully well for Islam.

I'm pretty sure most abortion clinics in the USA receive terror threats from fundamental Christian groups more or less daily.

Also the first suicide bombers in recorded history were Christians.

Bible even promotes suicide as mean of killing enemies:

"And Samson said, 'Let me die with the Philistines!' And he bowed himself with all his might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that were therein. So the dead which he slew at his death were more than they which he slew in his life." Book of Judges 16:30, Old Testament.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by rhinoceros]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
COME ON PEOPLE it's obvious Parker/Stone did this on purpose and to make a point....they knew what Ep.1 would create and set it all up!!!

You think they're gonna cave now after all the people they've ripped???

I agree. They were being artists and doing it on purpose.

edit for spelling

[edit on 22-4-2010 by dragonsmusic]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

It wasn't a setup, news sources have been provided and it was the decision of Comedy Central to edit and censor both the visuals and audio references to Mohammed.

Not Trey and Matt

[edit on 22/4/10 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Here is a link to Trey and Matt's response via www.southparkstudios.com...

And in case you don't want to click the link

Posted on: 04.22.10 A Statement from Matt and Trey In the 14 years we've been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn't stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn't some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle's customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn't mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We'll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we'll see what happens to it.

The ending didn't even contain anything about or saying of Muhammed, it was about fear and intimidation. Well, I guess the point was proven far better than they had planned on.

I wish their was a way for them to leak the full episode on line.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
If the South Park creators were actually killed by Muslims, I think that would be the straw that breaks the camel's back in regards to how the rest of the world feels about Islam. The Muslim people would have a very difficult time in the aftermath of such an event, which would only escalate the extemist response, further turning the rest of the world against them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join