It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ability to infiltrate the Masons...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

I joined at 19 and had no special abilities.. was dirt poor and so on .. with no family, not even a friend that was a Mason. Not that hard to join.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I joined at 19 and had no special abilities.. was dirt poor and so on .. with no family, not even a friend that was a Mason. Not that hard to join.

So who proposed you ?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

No one? ... I went to the Lodge I was raised in and asked .. eventually, someone who became my Masonic Mentor of sorts, told me the how to's and that was that.. I joined, as at that time, one of the youngest Masons in Ohio's history.

We don't ask people to join .. it kinda conflicts with the entire purpose of Masonry.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

We don't ask people to join .. it kinda conflicts with the entire purpose of Masonry.

I have now been proposed four times. Each time by a close friend I have known for quite some time.

My name would be mentioned in lodge, and it appears others there that also knew me decided I might make a good candidate. The usual background checks were carried out, and it was decided to very casually ask if I may be interested in joining.

Each time I simply said that I was a Christian, my beliefs were in direct conflict with masonry, and joining the craft would mean I lose everything I have gained (spiritually). Including my guardian angel.

That caused absolute HORROR within the craft, and each time my friend was very upset by the whole episode of my rebuff.
But my friend (in each case) eventually understood and respected my views, as I respected his.

I find it extremely difficult to believe that any Tom Dick or Harry, can just walk in off the street, bang on any lodge door at any time, get past the Tyler, and gain membership without first knowing anyone there.

I simply don't believe it. Nobody gets past the Tyler, that is why he is there.

What you are telling me sounds like a lot of Shibboleth.

[edit on 24/4/2010 by Silver Shadow]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

It's not surprising if a close friend asks you to join? That's entirely different than a stranger asking you.. that would be frowned upon. Having a close personal friend or family member ask is quite common.

That caused absolute HORROR within the craft, and each time my friend was very upset by the whole episode of my rebuff.

Well it is pretty rude to hint that they are damned and will have no guardian angel or what ever because they are a Mason lol.. But it's all cool .. I had friend tell me that he didn't care I was a Mason, but that God probably has an issue with me.

I fully respect peoples choice not to want to be Mason for what ever reason .. you don't want to be one? Cool, if you do, cool. I just don't like people judging others, especially when they don't know what they are judging.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I fully respect peoples choice not to want to be Mason for what ever reason .. you don't want to be one? Cool, if you do, cool. I just don't like people judging others, especially when they don't know what they are judging.

As you must realize by now, thirty years of studying the craft in some detail, and knowing dozens of masons, I am in a very good position to judge masonry for what it really is.

And I have a right to express an opinion to anyone considering joining, just as you do.

But the warning is still there to anyone that believes any occult secret society is a free ticket to popularity, success, and protection from justice and the law.

It certainly is all of that, but you get to pay for it by being cut off totally from an all powerful God.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
Back then I knew absolutely nothing about the craft, but was shown in a very vivid (and terrifying) dream what masonry was really all about.

What exactly did your dream entail that made it so terrifying?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

It certainly is all of that, but you get to pay for it by being cut off totally from an all powerful God.

That is only one persons opinion. Do you think any of us Christians who joined would do so, if we thought that we would loose connection with the father? You must have had one of those solid fundamentalist preachers who found a dry sponge to soak with untruths. Ask your mason friends if they think they wrote their ticket to hell upon being raised. That kind of talk is much like the ignorant idiot that told me that if I wasn't saved in his church, then I was going to hell. He really believed this. So heaven is filled with people who went to a small church in rural NC and nobody else got in. Yes that's an extreme view, but it's not far from what you are saying.

Here is what I have learned in my lifetime, Only God gets to decide who goes to heaven. Not Silver Shadow, not his preacher, and not Rockpuck. Only God.

If your friends thought you would make a good mason, then you are a good person. You don't have to be a mason to be one of those. But just as it's real important to join for the right reasons, it's also important to not join for the right reasons. You may be missing out on the next chapter of your life.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude, Only God gets to decide who goes to heaven.

Yes indeed God in heaven certainly decides that.

Not Baphomet.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

So after 30 years of study, that's what you've come up with? Masonry and Baphomet?

I can't speak to your experience, but I can tell you with absolute certainty, if that's where connecting the dots has taken you, Masonry in Australia is very different than Masonry in the USA.

I'd love to see a flame free discussion about that - the differences in Masonry by nationality. I know Italian Masonry is sure different. France, as well. "Irregular", as it were.

It's like that old poem about the blind men describing an elephant, only more extreme. At least the blind men were all grabbing the same elephant. I think in the case of Masonry, although it may share a common name, in different countries it's an altogether different animal.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Yes indeed, even one lodge to another can be fairly different. Prince Hall masonry might be a rather different experience to joining the Jesters for instance.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

As you must realize by now, thirty years of studying the craft in some detail, and knowing dozens of masons, I am in a very good position to judge masonry for what it really is.

No ... you are not. You are in NO place to judge Masonry for what ever vision you seem to have conjured. Only a Freemason is in proper place to judge Freemasonry.. as we see it, from the inside not the outside. And I've met Masons that do not like Masonry.. I fully understand their concerns and opinions.. I do not however understand nor believe the concerns that non-masons have are relevant to the Craft in anyway .. as they are usually biased, lacking in knowledge, outright ignorant, misconstrued stories etc.. only someone that has SEEN the inside of a Lodge can complain about Masonry imo .. because, well .. they've seen it .. you have not.

And I have a right to express an opinion to anyone considering joining, just as you do.

I fully agree.. even if it based on lies, hypocrisy, ignorance and hate.

But the warning is still there to anyone that believes any occult secret society is a free ticket to popularity, success, and protection from justice and the law.

I'll take my chances.. if your God deems me an evil man for my involvement and banishes me to eternal hell fire -- I wouldn't have followed him anyways.

You see.. I don't bow to Tyrants .. God or not.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Oh I see.

Only a practicing Satanist can judge if Satanism is right or wrong.
Anyone else is simply not entitled to hold a view on the matter.

Sorry, but you are definitely wrong about no knowledge of the craft existing beyond practicing masons.

There is a wealth of knowledge available, but of course, anything masons find disagreeable, they simply deny exists.

I'll take my chances.. if your God deems me an evil man for my involvement and banishes me to eternal hell fire -- I wouldn't have followed him anyways.

You see.. I don't bow to Tyrants .. God or not.

And that my friend, condemns you from your own mouth.
Your masonic total hatred of God is plain to see.
And you fully understand and accept your coming fate.

[edit on 24/4/2010 by Silver Shadow]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Only a practicing Satanist can judge if Satanism is right or wrong.

Yup. Because you never know what the Satanist may interpret as "evil" .. I personally see the God in the Bible as being "evil" .. or at the very least, having done far more evil acts than "Satan"..

Sorry, but you are definitely wrong about no knowledge of the craft existing beyond practicing masons.

Isn't a matter of knowing details as much as it is experiencing it.. I can tell someone that flying is terrifying and all planes crash, even point to news articles detailing a plane crash. Does that mean just because I'm terrified of flying that someone else won't be?

There is a wealth of knowledge available, but of course, anything masons find disagreeable, they simply deny exists.

If it's wrong it's wrong. If it's right, it's right. The vast majority of information anti-Masons find and tout as fact is simply wrong.

Your masonic total hatred of God is plain to see.

My .. dislikes of certain religions.. is not derived from Masonry.. it derives from witnessing what religion does to people... seeing the people it creates. Like you for instance.

And you fully understand and accept your coming fate.

I embrace it.

[edit on 4/24/2010 by Rockpuck]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Well, your friends that are Masons are violating the rule of "we don't recruit".

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude, Only God gets to decide who goes to heaven.

Yes indeed God in heaven certainly decides that.

Not Baphomet.

since you know so much about masonry, tell me when I will hear the word Balphamet anywhere else but ATS? Never in lodge has anything even remotely close to what the Anti-masons here in "ignorance is bliss land"
have claimed. You claim to be knowledgeable, you claim to have studied this for 30 years. I studied it for two years and then joined because I figured the only thing I wold get from studying on the the outside, is more you tube videos throwing out lie after lie. Trust me here, you don't know dick.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by network dude]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Everyone can apply and try to join a Lodge. Just because a lot of powerful people are part of this "club", doesn't mean they're trying to take over the world, or that they're scheming evil plots

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Back then I knew absolutely nothing about the craft, but was shown in a very vivid (and terrifying) dream what masonry was really all about.

What exactly did your dream entail that made it so terrifying?

In cased you missed my question.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Always makes me laugh when people claim the freemasons are evil and plotting for the NWO. Have a look, they're everywhere, and full of members who are regular people. I doubt the freemasons at the lodge in Overbrook (Kansas) or Riverside (Rhode Island) are all part of the same evil group who work for the NWO, lol.

Yes, they got some powerful members, but so did my old fencing club. And guess what, if you went to a university, you're bound to have a famous alum. You're part of the same group as that individual, does that make the whole alumni evil if he's potentially working for a specific cause?

Seriously, if anyone wanted to form a "secret society" to plot a world government, or the introduction of the spaghetti monster religion as the new US religion...why the hell would they advertise the organization through websites. And why would they need lodges in bloody Riverside (Rhode Island)?? I mean, comon', RHODE ISLAND!!

If they were plotting something evil or drastic, they'd want to keep it secret until the plan comes in motion. Forming a huge public community like the Freemasons is pretty much the opposite of being stealthy and secret.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

There is a risk of overeating, alcohol abuse and frankly boredom (the greatest risk IMHO). Still they are absolutely harmless and actually quite nice people. Do not believe the conspiracy theorists

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Tiger5]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join