It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockets Fired At Israeli Resort Of Eilat

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Rockets Fired At Israeli Resort Of Eilat

www.alertnet.org

JERUSALEM, April 22 (Reuters) - Two rockets were fired from Jordan at Israel's Red Sea resort of Eilat on Thursday but landed in Jordanian territory, apparently without causing any injuries, Israel's Haaretz newspaper reported on its website.

The Israeli military had no immediate comment.

Jordan's port of Aqaba is adjacent to Eilat, which also borders Egypt's Sinai peninsula.

Israel's YNet news web site, giving a slightly different version of events, said rockets may have been fired from...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Something happening in Sinai, week after evacuation order. Here we really see how bad weapons these rockets really are, shooting them doenst guarantee any results.

Aiming to one town can end up to next one. Only thing interesting here is different location and different target for a very long time.

I donf know does it matter at all, if they - who ever they were, shot those rockets from Jordanian side or not, desert is a desert in both sides... Lets see.

www.alertnet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
well I guess it's apparent the peace
treaty is broken now.

Look out, the fireworks begin.

(grabs popcorn)

the article said the 2 rockets fell short
but didn't say whether they were shot down
or not. Israel should be in Red Alert Mode
right now.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Maybe Mubarak listened to us eh Janus??

Boohoo. Two rockets. No damage as usual... no doom. I'm sure there were more deaths in Mexico from the drug cartels in the last hour then Israeli killed by so called ``terrorists`` in the last 2 years.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

These news are like "farts in the dark", but we have to keep collecting everything to our notion to follow big picture... I dont think that Israel wants to make any blaims against Jordania from this, and threaten same time one of their few "friendships" they have in region.

But maybe this shows us that population in Jordania is really not ok with this friendship, and movements are raising in country to fight against Israel.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
It seems the rockets were fired from EGYPT... and landed in Jordan..

breaking news

Two rockets reportedly fired from Egypt have landed in Jordanian territory.

Israeli military sources told the BBC the rockets were fired from Egypt's Sinai Peninsula and aimed at Israel.

Other reports suggest that rockets were fired at Israel from Jordan but did not clear Jordanian territory.

One rocket landed near the Jordanian city of Aqaba, the other splashed into the sea. No casualties were reported.

As we said yesterday... Mubarak, you're about to be overthrown...by your people or the US which don't believe in you no more.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
If I am honest, given the way the MSM are reporting this that Israel is being fired at from all sides, with the recent undertone that the US has taken a step back leaving Israel is on it's own will only play into the hawks hands.

Just mentioning a US official saying that strikes were off the table undermines the whole US position and creates doubt if the US (especially the Obama administration) would stand by Israel..

Marry that into the calls for War Crimes trials etc leads me to assume that the public are being fed by the MSM a strict diet of war looming, allies abandoning them etc to make them more accepting of a pre-emptive strike against Iran, and an all out war in and around Israel.

It simply does not sound good for the region, for humanity or for the world.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Well the pentagon corrected yesterday and said that the war was never off the table...

But most people didn't hear the retraction... so yeah it's seems like a propaganda campaign to make people feel that poor little Israel is defenceless and attacked by all sides every day and they need to take action...

And when you know anything about military power, you know that the countries surrounding Israel are weaklings and can't do squat against Israel.

It's like saying : OMG AMERICA IS SURROUNDED BY CANADA, MEXICO AND CUBA! POOR LITTLE AMERICA THEY ARE IN DANGER...

This is as ridiculous as the whole Israel is under threat line towed by the warmongers.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
It is always interesting to see the ever-present double standard on the part of some. Provocation is provocation.

And hypocrisy is hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

idk man, cuba is fierce with their navy constructed of tire-rafts.

all seriousness aside though, it could get messy very quickly, but i think it will take a bit more to start israel attacking

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

That is the picture that I feel is emerging... the undermining of existing relationships especially with the US is the course of action that is most disconcerting to me.. It matters little that the US have come out and said that strikes are not off the table.. the doubt is there now..

The hawks must be rubbing their hands together over this coup of being able to raise doubts about Jordan, Egypt and the US in 24 hours..

So I wonder who is now being sold as the person who can save Israel from these threats?? the armchair generals I've seen commenting over and over state that Bibi can save them and then we start falling into arena of biblical prophecies.

Which I find pretty scary as the situation appears to me to be orchestrated to take advantage of those prophecies, especially the one that they will win through..

I hope that somehow I have miss-read the direction the situation is heading.. But I can not help but feel Israel is being used as a tool of the hawks..

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I always though that Israel was only created to be a British-US forward military base in the middle-east and nothing more.

The Israelis are mere pawns in the big picture.

Not to mention the elite love to follow their plans, and Albert Pike prediction for World War 3 was a war that starts between muslims and christians/jews in the middle-east... I think he even said Israel... and he predicted that in the 19th century if I remember correctly...

Not to mention all those evangelists/end times/Israel is god nutjobs all around the world pushing for war so Jesus can come back...

This is truly sickening. The average Israeli is buying into this hoax and he will end up in the grinder for the elite's enjoyment.

EDIT: Two rockets fired near Israeli city of Eilat, Jordan denies responsibility

Two rockets fell near Israel's Red Sea city of Eilat Thursday causing no injuries, Israeli Channel 10 television reported, saying it was unclear whether they were fired from Jordan or Egypt.

The TV station said one of the Katyusha rockets fell into the Red Sea, and the other apparently exploded outside the Jordanian port city of Aqaba.

An unnamed Jordanian official said Thursday denied the report that rockets were fired from its territory.

Channel 10 initially said the rockets were fired from Jordan, but later said it was also possible they were launched from Egypt's Sinai peninsula.

Neither the army nor the police confirmed the incident.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
So, two rockets were fired from Jordan and landed... in Jordan.
How can this be considered an attack on Isreali soil again?

Might as well be some kind of exercise.

Dont drink any kool aid people

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Even before oil was found the expression existed that "he who controls the ME controls the world" and in today's resource hungry world that expression is more than real today than when the Great Game was being played.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
more info here:

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dynamitrios
So, two rockets were fired from Jordan and landed... in Jordan.
How can this be considered an attack on Isreali soil again?

Might as well be some kind of exercise.

Dont drink any kool aid people

It's not where they fell, but the intention and the principle that it could appear and be sold in the MSM as Israel being fired at from all sides, which plays into the hands of the hawks.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

True.

But anyone who can count to two would immediatelly call bravo Sierra on this story, much as we all here did

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I agree - we have already stepped to era of MSM war to get people used to idea that war is imminent in many fronts...

False flag possibilities are huge specially in Israel these days. When USA made that in 911 in New York, I expect that something like that will happen next in Tel Aviv or Jerusalem.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
did god just break the seventh seal or something

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dynamitrios

True.

But anyone who can count to two would immediatelly call bravo Sierra on this story, much as we all here did

I found it quite interesting that the MSM reported it as possibly coming from either Egypt or Jordan.. adding more doubt as to who is friendly and who is not..

I have to admit my gut feeling is uncertainty on who fired the weapon.. since it appears to fit to well (far to well) into the escalation of MSM tensions..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join