It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The guy who filmed the shots fired at the POLISH PLANE CRASH WAS ASSASSINATED

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

In August 5th, officials at the Central Intelligence Agency, in Langley, Virginia, watched a live video feed relaying closeup footage of one of the most wanted terrorists in Pakistan. Baitullah Mehsud, the leader of the Taliban in Pakistan, could be seen reclining on the rooftop of his father-in-law’s house, in Zanghara, a hamlet in South Waziristan. It was a hot summer night, and he was joined outside by his wife and his uncle, a medic; at one point, the remarkably crisp images showed that Mehsud, who suffered from diabetes and a kidney ailment, was receiving an intravenous drip.

The video was being captured by the infrared camera of a Predator drone, a remotely controlled, unmanned plane that had been hovering, undetected, two miles or so above the house. Pakistan’s Interior Minister, A. Rehman Malik, told me recently that Mehsud was resting on his back. Malik, using his hands to make a picture frame, explained that the Predator’s targeters could see Mehsud’s entire body, not just the top of his head. “It was a perfect picture,”Malik, who watched the videotape later, said. “We used to see James Bond movies where he talked into his shoe or his watch. We thought it was a fairy tale. But this was fact!” The image remained just as stable when the C.I.A. remotely launched two Hellfire missiles from the Predator. Authorities watched the fiery blast in real time. After the dust cloud dissipated, all that remained of Mehsud was a detached torso. Eleven others died: his wife, his father-in-law, his mother-in-law, a lieutenant, and seven bodyguards.

Pakistan’s government considered Mehsud its top enemy, holding him responsible for the vast majority of recent terrorist attacks inside the country, including the assassination of former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, in December, 2007, and the bombing, last September, of the Marriott Hotel in Islamabad, which killed more than fifty people. Mehsud was also thought to have helped his Afghan confederates attack American and coalition troops across the border. Roger Cressey, a former counterterrorism official on the National Security Council, who is now a partner at Good Harbor, a consulting firm, told me, “Mehsud was someone both we and Pakistan were happy to see go up in smoke.” Indeed, there was no controversy when, a few days after the missile strike, CNN reported that President Barack Obama had authorized it.

However, at about the same time, there was widespread anger after the Wall Street Journal revealed that during the Bush Administration the C.I.A. had considered setting up hit squads to capture or kill Al Qaeda operatives around the world. The furor grew when the Times reported that the C.I.A. had turned to a private contractor to help with this highly sensitive operation: the controversial firm Blackwater, now known as Xe Services. Members of the Senate and House intelligence committees demanded investigations of the program, which, they said, had been hidden from them. And many legal experts argued that, had the program become fully operational, it would have violated a 1976 executive order, signed by President Gerald R. Ford, banning American intelligence forces from engaging in assassination.

Hina Shamsi, a human-rights lawyer at the New York University School of Law, was struck by the inconsistency of the public’s responses. “We got so upset about a targeted-killing program that didn’t happen,” she told me. “But the drone program exists.”p. She said of the Predator program, “These are targeted international killings by the state.” The program, as it happens, also uses private contractors for a variety of tasks, including flying the drones. Employees of Xe Services maintain and load the Hellfire missiles on the aircraft. Vicki Divoll, a former C.I.A. lawyer, who now teaches at the U.S. Naval Academy, in Annapolis, observed, “People are a lot more comfortable with a Predator strike that kills many people than with a throat-slitting that kills one.” But, she added, “mechanized killing is still killing.”

The U.S. government runs two drone programs. The military’s version, which is publicly acknowledged, operates in the recognized war zones of Afghanistan and Iraq, and targets enemies of U.S. troops stationed there. As such, it is an extension of conventional warfare. The C.I.A.’s program is aimed at terror suspects around the world, including in countries where U.S. troops are not based. It was initiated by the Bush Administration and, according to Juan Zarate, a counterterrorism adviser in the Bush White House, Obama has left in place virtually all the key personnel. The program is classified as covert, and the intelligence agency declines to provide any information to the public about where it operates, how it selects targets, who is in charge, or how many people have been killed.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by spacebot]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Nevertheless, reports of fatal air strikes in Pakistan emerge every few days. Such stories are often secondhand and difficult to confirm, as the Pakistani government and the military have tried to wall off the tribal areas from journalists. But, even if a precise account is elusive, the outlines are clear: the C.I.A. has joined the Pakistani intelligence service in an aggressive campaign to eradicate local and foreign militants, who have taken refuge in some of the most inaccessible parts of the country.

The first two C.I.A. air strikes of the Obama Administration took place on the morning of January 23rd—the President’s third day in office. Within hours, it was clear that the morning’s bombings, in Pakistan, had killed an estimated twenty people. In one strike, four Arabs, all likely affiliated with Al Qaeda, died. But in the second strike a drone targeted the wrong house, hitting the residence of a pro-government tribal leader six miles outside the town of Wana, in South Waziristan. The blast killed the tribal leader’s entire family, including three children, one of them five years old. In keeping with U.S. policy, there was no official acknowledgment of either strike.

Since then, the C.I.A. bombardments have continued at a rapid pace. According to a just completed study by the New America Foundation, the number of drone strikes has risen dramatically since Obama became President. During his first nine and a half months in office,[ he has authorized as many C.I.A. aerial attacks in Pakistan as George W. Bush did in his final three years in office. The study’s authors, Peter Bergen and Katherine Tiedemann, report that the Obama Administration has sanctioned at least forty-one C.I.A. missile strikes in Pakistan since taking office—a rate of approximately one bombing a week. So far this year, various estimates suggest, the C.I.A. attacks have killed between three hundred and twenty-six and five hundred and thirty-eight people. Critics say that many of the victims have been innocent bystanders, including children.

In the last week of September alone, there were reportedly four such attacks—three of them in one twenty-four-hour period. At any given moment, a former White House counterterrorism official says, the C.I.A. has multiple drones flying over Pakistan, scouting for targets. According to the official, “there are so many drones” in the air that arguments have erupted over which remote operators can claim which targets, provoking “command-and-control issues.”

General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, the defense contractor that manufactures the Predator and its more heavily armed sibling, the Reaper, can barely keep up with the government’s demand. The Air Force’s fleet has grown from some fifty drones in 2001 to nearly two hundred; the C.I.A. will not divulge how many drones it operates. The government plans to commission hundreds more, including new generations of tiny “nano” drones, which can fly after their prey like a killer bee through an open window.

With public disenchantment mounting over the U.S. troop deployment in Afghanistan, and the Obama Administration divided over whether to escalate the American military presence there, many in Washington support an even greater reliance on Predator strikes. In this view, the U.S., rather than trying to stabilize Afghanistan by waging a counter-insurgency operation against Taliban forces, should focus purely on counterterrorism, and use the latest technology to surgically eliminate Al Qaeda leaders and their allies. In September, the conservative pundit George Will published an influential column in the Washington Post, “Time to Get Out of Afghanistan,” arguing that “America should do only what can be done from offshore, using intelligence, drones, cruise missiles, air strikes and small, potent Special Forces units, concentrating on the porous 1,500-mile border with Pakistan, a nation that actually matters.” Vice-President Joseph Biden reportedly holds a similar view.

It’s easy to understand the appeal of a “push-button” approach to fighting Al Qaeda, but the embrace of the Predator program has occurred with remarkably little public discussion, given that it represents a radically new and geographically unbounded use of state-sanctioned lethal force. And, because of the C.I.A. program’s secrecy, there is no visible system of accountability in place, despite the fact that the agency has killed many civilians inside a politically fragile, nuclear-armed country with which the U.S. is not at war. Should something go wrong in the C.I.A.’s program—last month, the Air Force lost control of a drone and had to shoot it down over Afghanistan—it’s unclear what the consequences would be.

The Predators in the C.I.A. program are “flown” by civilians, both intelligence officers and private contractors. According to a former counterterrorism official, the contractors are “seasoned professionals—often retired military and intelligence officials.” (The intelligence agency outsources a significant portion of its work.)

Read more: www.newyorker.com...

I think it can't stress it longer when saying that we are going to have a

HUGE

problem Globally because the US governments have let very sensitive programs to slip away at private industries later doing whatever the hell they want with the expertise they can gain and are accountable to literally no one and there is absolutely NO oversight of their activities.
Neither G.W. Bush nor Barak Omaba's approach were any different on these matters.
I wanted to stress that the way things are going something huge can start and US and Russia would have absolutely NO control over it if it would be planed and executed by third parties. People who often claim about common sense, or restrained use of power should really look at this whole new picture.

I am very skeptical about this crash incident it was either really an accident, or it was a half finished job. I am also very very skeptical of the MSM sources which of course are all private corporations who openly play the conspiracy angle on this crash incident.
No president can turn on their fund contributors. No president can turn on the MSM. It appears now that except from the power, some organizations can also have the weapons and as a bonus also the necessary intelligence and expertise to use them.
Someday these people are going to kill us all.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by spacebot]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Why are people so insane?

Someone posts a pretty wild claim, to begin with, and links it to a blog and something in Polish that looks as liable as 4chan, and suddenly, hordes of people takes this for the real deal?

A blog isn't a reliable source.
I can start a blog right now if I want to, writing that the pilot of the crashed plane is alive and well, start a new thread and link to that blog.
Do you see how stupid all this really is?

Is this what ATS has come to?

What kind of snowed-in, movie and computer game based, wishful thinking realities do you people live in?

Are we supposed to start having a 20-year old age limit to get into ATS anytime soon? Please?

This kind of crap just upsets me too frickin much for me to handle!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Hate to break it to ya but 4chan kinda is a really reliable source!

--

The OP most likely checked for credibility beforehand so no need to bring down the source when it was already checked.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBloodRed
reply to post by Raud

The OP most likely checked for credibility beforehand so no need to bring down the source when it was already checked.

And you call that a reliable soucre???

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Strange this is not being talked about in the news. Then again there are a lot of things not being talked about in the news, such as alien space craft and the universe. They leave the best part out and focus on politics and economy and accidents.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Jonas86]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
This blog post isn't real by the way. Nowhere has it been confirmed. I even heard that the man who filmed the crash site called a newspaper to confirm he is ALIVE and has not been assassinated.

Hate to break it to ya but 4chan kinda is a really reliable source!
--

/facepalm

[edit on 23-4-2010 by PullThePin]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by PullThePin

Interesting - what's your source?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
There is ZERO conclusive evidence that shots were fired. It sounded vaguely like a gunshot but could have been a host of other things.

Russia probably did shoot down the plane and probably assassinated the guy who filmed it. Would that really surprise anyone?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by truth?
There is ZERO conclusive evidence that shots were fired. It sounded vaguely like a gunshot but could have been a host of other things.

Russia probably did shoot down the plane and probably assassinated the guy who filmed it. Would that really surprise anyone?

So the idea that shots were fired (probably rounds going off from heat) at the location is less likely than the wild theory that Russia shot down the plane and that the cameraman was assassinated, which there is absolutely no valid proof for?

You Sir...amaze me.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

this is very common for ATS - how long have u been here? there is little to no fact checking, blogs and 4chan are used as "reliable" sources, and there are trolls everywhere...

P.S. - don't feed the trolls.......

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Whoa.. Had a feeling something like this would happen. He wasn't all that dead at the plane crash site, so bang, shot the pres. to make sure. Someone caught it on film, go after the guy that filmed it...stab.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

How long I've been here?
Says right there:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
SO just to clarify, the Russian government didn't call this "a coincidence" either? Nothing happened? The blogger just made the entire thing up after watching the video? This is ATS damnitt... i want ANSWERS! I WANT THE TRUTH!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
NO the man who shot the video was not assinated...

I do not have immediate sources but read several posts yesterday explaining who he was and how he was still alive and well...this was just a rumor.

Yes...he was at the crash scene. I examined the youtube footage and the scene is identical although from different angles to cnn footage. Debri matches perfectly, even some trees at odd angles match. The footage was shot there at the crash site.

As for the gunshots and interpretation and whether the audio was doctored...i cannot say one way or another.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I just thought of something :

Where did his youtube account go? Is he still active?

Who was speaking for the Russian government?

Why does he not just post a video saying he is alive, and this blogger is nuts?

Why would the blogger think he could get away with it, if in fact this guy could simply say ... "no no... i'm alive!" within days?

Either someone is REALLY immature... or the entire puzzle is yet to be pieced together; at least for me.

Until i have these questions answered... I don't think the story should vanish.

(I do not "BELIEVE" either way)

[edit on 23-4-2010 by MavRck]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
FYI - The russians are great...It's government? Not so much in my opinion.

In recent years they have killed and tried to kill MANYY innocent folks...

Yuri Shchekochikhin (d. 2003), Russian investigative journalist, died presumably from poisoning by radioactive thallium

Viktor Yushchenko, Ukrainian politician, poisoned with dioxin during the 2004 electoral campaign.

Anna Stepanovna Politkovskaya (Russian: А́нна Степа́новна Политко́вская; 30 August 1958 – 7 October 2006) was a Russian journalist, author and human rights activist well known for her opposition to the Chechen conflict and then-President of Russia Vladimir Putin.[1]

April 2003

Sergei Yushenkov, co-chairman of the Liberal Russia political party (pictured, left), is gunned down at the entrance of his Moscow apartment block. Yushenkov had been serving as the vice chair of the group known as the “Kovalev Commission” which was formed to informally investigate charges that Putin’s KGB had planted the Pechatniki and Kashirskoye apartment bombs to whip up support for the Putin’s war in Chechnya after the formal legislative investigation turned out to be impossible. Another member of the Commission, Yuri Shchekochikhin (see below) will perish of poisoning, a third will be severely beaten by thugs, and two other members will lose their seats in the Duma. The Commission’s lawyer, Mikhail Trepashkin (see below) will be jailed after a secret trial on espionage charges. Today, virtually none of the members of the Commission are left whole and it is silent.

June 2004

Nikolai Girenko (pictured, left), a prominent human rights defender, Professor of Ethnology and expert on racism and discrimination in the Russian Federation is shot dead in his home in St Petersburg.

larussophobe.wordpress.com...

List of Poisenings by Russioan Secret Service
www.baranovfamily.org...

Poisoning
While flying south in September 2004 to help in negotiations with those who had taken over a thousand hostages in a school in Beslan (North Ossetia), Politkovskaya fell violently ill and lost consciousness after drinking tea. She had been reportedly poisoned, with some accusing the former Soviet secret police poison facility.[36][37]

On 7 October 2006, she was shot dead in the elevator of her apartment building, an unsolved[2] assassination that continues to attract international attention.[3][4]

The FSB does not mess around...Did they bring down this plane? I am not buying it yet, but they have earned some scrutiny.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I don't know why people immediately assume it had anything to do with Russia, in light of the announcement of who they plan to replace the Polish President. A member of the CFR, and Trilateral Commission who is also a high ranking Goldman-Sachs boardmember.

Look at the nations that have resisted Goldman-Sachs vertical consolidation of banking institutions. Greece and Iceland are in shambles. Iran is on the verge of being destroyed. Russia is resisting from within, just as Poland was beginning to do.

It's quite clear to me who was behind this.

For the record, I think that Russia is well on it's way to being the last bastion of hope for freedom loving Christians and people of European descent.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Shots at crash site probably explosions from ammunition...

Story in Polish

Well this is what Poland has to say on the video. Don't think I've seen this posted yet, if it has then my bad i guess.

*The above article is not a reflection of my personal opinion of the situation.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Having viewed different versions of the video, I must say that if there were survivors, as it appears, what happened to them? As with all good conspiracies(not that people dying is good), all one needs to do is follow the money trail. Greed is what motivates all conspiracies. Without greed there is no motivation and no concealment. I am not sure whether or not a conspiracy is at foot, but something tell me that $100 billion oil deal has something to do with events.

Also in response to people saying that this is not being covered by major media, why would you expect it to?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join