It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Detroit: No Money, No Water

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If you're interested in additonal footage of Detroit in Ruins, you can see a good bit in a post I did about Detroit-from the Air.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pretty sad and depressing place.

Bulldozer operators should be in high demand in the near future.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The real problem is driven from Washington. Company bailout day after day, whole industries being bought by Uncle Sam. Detroit saw first hand the corporate bailout of their industries.

Everyone now see's billions of dollars being spent, banks reporting huge profits, multimillion dollar bonuses.

Americans have turned into pussi*s and no longer have the desire to fend for themselves. Mommy Government will take care of you. Make enough noise and the government will cave and bail you out. The city is virtually bankrupt, so it can not afford to give water away.

I guess the Federal government needs to nationalize all the utilities, give us free electricity and natural gas while your at it.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by yenko13

I love that and that is what I plan to do. But people are not equipped for that. They could catch it yes, but they cannot purify it because of lack of knowledge or lack of the tools to do so.

I want to catch all my own water and use it for everything so I respect you completely there, but we have knowledge about how to do that, for all we know, this is lower end of the city and could be very uneducated people.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I live in Toledo, just south of Detroit. Down here it's almost just as bad as far as jobs (22.4% aggragate unemployment, counting underemployed and those who have been unemployed for 6 months or more...which is the majority of the unemployed here), foreclosures, and housing vacancies.

Some of the more disturbing statistics from our area:

Population: 463,493 (2009 revised estimate)

quickfacts.census.gov...

Official Unemployment as of June, 2009: 14.6%

abclocal.go.com...

It is estimated that total aggregate unemployment is as high as 22.5% but those numbers are closely guarded around here. It seems like most people around me have been unemployed for more than 6 months, and I've been officially unemployed for over 2 years.

Number of housing units: Source 1 - US Census: 203,815
Source 2 - Aug 5, 2008 - Toledo Blade 139,880

Source 1: quickfacts.census.gov...)
Source 2: toledoblade.com...

Percentage of habitable units lying vacant in the city: 7% sources from the above Blade article.

Thats 9,791 vacant houses.

Number of Homeless in 2008: 2,400 (Toledo Street Count, BladeArticle)

www.toledoblade.com.../20081102/NEWS16/811020314

When those numbers are put together....4 vacant houses for every one homeless person, and we are by FAR not the worst off....Can you imagine what Detroit's statistics are like?!

This is a nightmare. Numbers like these, and what's going on in Detroit. These are not indicators of recovery...jobless or otherwise Really makes me sick. This thread hits really close to home for me. I participated in this years street count...The numbers aren't ready yet, but it's really lookin a lot worse,

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

No.. what's amazing is..

Why are ELECTRIC and WATER companies run by PRIVATE companies??? How does that make sense? .. Seems like the pure definition of Monopoly in most cases.. but is just wrought with corruption.

I'd like to see the State governments take over all water, energy, oil, gas, trash, recycling companies. There's no need for it to be privately owned for profit.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Detroit has been ruined.
It will probably be the target of a false flag attack.
The claim will be that boogie men were attacking our automotive infrastructure (if that is believable).

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join