It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing New UFO Video

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir
Oh come on! Another video of flying dots??? And more believers talking # about debunkers because they don't accept these dots as alien piloted airships?

I believe in UFO's and I am thinking this is one powerful laser pointer. Two dots and two people in the video. It doesn't seem right. WHY CAN'T PEOPLE GET A CLOSE UP OF A UFO?! I am sick of the far off shots. I have seen one close up of a UFO and it was a video done by a guy called the guardian.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Just my opinion so take it for what its worth. IT IS A UFO because its un-identified.

RC planes can do these maneuvers but what I dont know is do people with these excessively expensive toy planes normally fly them at this height?

Someone with more knowledge please tell me, but a S&F regardless.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by righteousxcore

Yes, they look to be about 500-1000ft. AGL (above ground level). I routinely fly mine around 500ft AGL. Although I have no means to measure, I estimate that I have been as high as 2000-2500ft. a few times. Serious FPV (first person view) pilots can fly at 6000ft.+ I can find some videos with air desity altitued display wight on the screen if you would like.

Now, legality is another matter. Legally in the US the limit is 500ft. But no one adheres to that.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Well, its amazing the power of the collective mind. Its also amazing how many UFO believers disregard the evidence and jump straight to the conclusion based on their beliefs and. only their beliefs.
The fact remains the collective was right. Again. Sorry believers.

Reader Resolves UFO Mystery In Australia

If you look at many of the similar cases here, where the majority, or the collective have similar theories, you can bet that the majority of the time this is correct.

The Wisdom of Crowds

Check out the wisdom of crowds link. This is true and proven, and something to consider when visiting forums like this.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWretched

I knew it wasn't bats!
Good work, Wretched. (You might want to consider a cooler nick-name.)

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

The obvious answer was the correct one, who would have thought.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I thought it might be the remote control airplanes.. I was almost positive it was not a stunt kite. So.. no, many people said it was a kite with LED. So this ALSO shows how many people who were almost sure it was something else (reflections and stunt kites), were wrong.

Yes, some were right. And many were wrong.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I must say, long time reader first time poster. This has been one of the most informative, amusing!, and objective posts in a long time. My initial thoughts after viewing the vid were possibly ET but the facts posted give the middleman lots to consider, 'maybe, maybe not' excellent nouse for getting on it and actually doing something... awaiting the response from the RC guys... I must say after looking at all the info i am still in two minds, though we all know deep down we're not alone really...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHRLZ
I wanna see some BRIGHTNESS!

Obviously that guy likes subtle lighting... That clip again shows the hovering ability - these planes are so light they can easily 'hang' from the prop...

CHRLZ.....

I have to imagine that viewed from a distance, that would look a lot like the objects in the op's video.

I'm surprised he didn't dunk it in the pond!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

TheWretched.....

The problem is.....the un-named reader offers no evidence the objects are R/C A/C.

I still prefer we get local verification, not un-named reports.....I'll contact the local club again.

If we knew the address from where the video was made, we could check that against the "Balyang Sanctuary" location & see if the distance between the 2 locations correlates with the size & speed of the objects.

On the other hand, maybe we can just leave it at that & say "case closed".

I've inserted the article here for convenience.

Reader solves UFO mystery in Australia

By Ryan Reynolds
Geelong Advertiser April 24, 2010 3:46AM

AN Australian UFO mystery that captured the world’s imagination was solved today.

Paul Raduka captured footage of strange lights darting above Geelong, west of Melbourne, on Monday night. The Geelong Advertiser posted the video online, attracting tens of thousands of hits across the globe.

But a reader, who did not wish to be named, called the Advertiser yesterday with an explanation.

"A lot of people thought they were UFOs,” the reader said. “When I was told about them at work on Tuesday I just laughed because I knew what they were." The woman said the UFOs were actually remote control airplanes with LED lights.

"There were just a few guys having a bit of fun down near Balyang Sanctuary on Monday night."

The online video attracted more than 27,000 views in 24 hours and was featured on YouTube's main page as the most popular news and politics video.

www.news.com.au...

Here's a link to info about the Balyang Sanctuary:

www.geelong.ws...

As per my previous posts, I think the objects are R/C A/C.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

So how do you plan on disproving a future mass extra terrestrial visitation? Reflections in a mirror? Weather balloons? Flares? Flying Lighthouses? Reflections off of a airliner? Angels? So, how much do they pay you? 1k? 10k?

Damn, skeptics can be so damn funny at times, but also sad all at once! You know whats also funny? Is how some would discredit, then question if advanced intelligent extra terrestrials exist and are visiting us.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Nice work TheWretched.
This is indeed RC's with lights on them. Thanks for finding that article and the link to it and thanks to Maybe...MaybeNot for posting it.
Thank you very much....

Case Closed as far as I am concerned.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Balyang Sancturary

Here is the location of where the RC pilots were said to be operating from. Highton is also at roughly the 8 o´clock position from that location. Distance appears to be about 1 mile away. The only thing that is setting off some alarm bells about this story lays in the nature of flying an RC itself. I hope KnowMore can answer this question because he seems to be an experienced RC hobbyist. I found this information about the radio range a RC pilot has when flying: RC FAQ

"What type of Radio is required?
It is possible to use a standard aeroplane 4-channel radio but this is not recommended. Ideally, 5 servos are required. A servo being the geared electric motor and crank that directly controls a particular function of the helicopter. The five servos control the 1.Throttle, 2.Tail Rotor (rudder), 3. Collective (controls the pitch of the main rotor or rate of climb), 4.Fore/aft Cyclic of the main rotor and 5.left/ right cyclic of main rotor (the last two functions initiate and control forward and sideways movement when hovering as well as climb and roll in forward flight). Most modem computer radios are reasonably priced and can store the set up for various models as well as fixed wing by disabling the special helicopter functions. What is the range of the Radio?
The range of model aircraft radios is about 1000 metres or one kilometre. This may not seem far, but the real limit is one of visibility. When a model helicopter is 300 metres away it is already beginning to look like a fly buzzing around and if you can't see it properly you can't fly it properly! "

Now, go back to the map and mentally draw a 1000 meter diameter circle centered around Balyang Sanctuary. Does the performance of the UFOs shown in the video match the location from where they were alledged to have been flying from? Are the objects flying within the 1000 meter range of radio control, or are they flying much further away? What does it take to extend radio range? Must all RC aircraft have a clear line of sight at all times in order to maintain control? What happens when an RC aircraft loses radio contact?

I wonder if the ground lights shown in the video pattern up with the area surrounding the Balyang Sanctuary.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by fockewulf190

Fockewulf190.....

I'll see if I can find time to have a look at the area whilst I'm in Geelong on Tuesday.

However my time there is starting to become a little limited due to meetings in Melbourne later in the day.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Ask and yea shall recieve FW190 (love that plane).

I am not too much into helecopters, so I can't say fore certain about them, but they usually require a minimum of 5 channels. Most planes require a minimum of 3. One for throttle, one for elevator and one for aileron or rudder. 4 channels have both aileron and elevator. The 5th and 6th channels are used for flaps and retract landing gear.

Most of my models are 4 channel.

Diffrent countries have diffrent rules around frequiencies that can be used for RC aircraft. Here in the US it is 27MHz and 72MHZ, AM used to be used, but that was phased out for FM long ago. I know that 35MHz is used in some parts or Europe.

2.4GHz is quickly being adopted by all countries as the new standard. It has the ablity to detect and change channels (bind) with one aircraft, so as not to cause interferance with another. With the FM raidos, you always had to check with others as to thier channel no. before turning yours on, so as not to cause someone to crash. A lot of clubs have strict rules around that.

As for distances, I believe the Max. distance is way under rated. Most good raidos in the US claim a MAX of 1000 to 3000 yards. I can tell you, I have had a plane with a 32" wingspan so high, I could barley tell it had wings, nit much more than a spot. I don't know how close I was to the MAX, but I still had fine control. Like I said before I estimate at least 2000-2500 ft. up.

ALthough I am just getting into FPV flying (first person view therough a real time camera on the plane sending images to VR goggles), there are a lot out there that claim they can fly over a mile without loosing signal.

As far as I know there is no way to increase this range, it is transmitter and reciever dependet.

As for what happens if you get out of range? Not good things. I have never gotten out of range, but when you loose signal from interferance it can cuse glitches and loss of control. A crash is easly possible at this point. Any lights would stay lit though.

Since it is radio signal, clear line of sight is not required for the signal. But if are not able to see the plane, you are gonna crash.

Hope that helps. I hope the local RC club knows something, but there are a lot of flyers out there with no connection to clubs.

I know one SURE way to find out. Contact the perosn that filmed it and asked what happend at the end of the sighting. If he says they decended and did not come back up, then the planes landed. If they streaked off or just blinked out at high altitude, then it may be something more.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by KnowMore]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by KnowMore

Thanks for the replys, they are quite informative. The objects did look like they were flying within a fairly tight flight pattern with perhaps an exception happening close to the end of the video. Yeah, it would be nice to know how this video ended. BTW, regarding signal loss or interference, hasn´t someone come up with the idea that if a plane or chopper loses signal for a predetermined amount of time it could then default to GPS and fly toward it´s take off point?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by fockewulf190
reply to post by KnowMore

BTW, regarding signal loss or interference, hasn´t someone come up with the idea that if a plane or chopper loses signal for a predetermined amount of time it could then default to GPS and fly toward it´s take off point?

Fockewulf190.....

I think the Hexakopter does that.....there's a video about it.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I am sure there is someting out there like that, or at least in the works. I know you can buy a system that has GPS, and will diplay Lat. Long. and altitude on on the video camera recoring, but I don't know of any way to interface that with a reciever. Interesting concept. I think the cost might be prohibitive, except in the case of more expensive planes. Most hobbiest like myself prefer to have a bunch of beater planes worth a few hundered a peice at most. Some prefer to have one or two realy expensive and/or larger planes. Great for shows, just dont mess up flying.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnowMore

I am sure there is someting out there like that, or at least in the works. I know you can buy a system that has GPS,

KnowMore.....

The Hexakopter has built in GPS as per this video.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Thanks for that Maybe. I knew about the hexocopter, but I did not know about the GPS functionality. Extreemly cool technology.

I wonder if it would work in a plane? The copter can hover, a plane needs forward motion. I wonder if it got near the GPS home point it would try to make too many quick turns to stay near the point, and end up stalling and crashing?

Might have to look into it.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join