It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

57% Protection For US Is Acceptable To The Pentagon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Pentagon Confident It Could Intercept an Iranian Missile

I couldn't find this posted yet. I realize it's from a Fox News site, but it originally was an AP article.

Associated Press The Pentagon is "very confident" that it could defend the United States against the threat of an Iranian ballistic missile strike, the Defense Department's chief spokesman said Wednesday.

A recent Defense Department report to Congress concludes that Iran could develop a missile capable of striking the United States by 2015. Iran already has the largest deployed ballistic missile force in the Middle East, comprising about 1,000 missiles capable of hitting targets up to 1,200 miles (1930 kilometers) away, the report warns.

The United States has 25 long-range interceptor missiles based in Alaska and California, as part of a system designed to defend the nation against an attack from North Korea or Iran.

Eight of 14 tests of the interceptors have been successful, while the remaining tests suffered software glitches and other technical problems. But U.S. officials say the system should still work in the event of an attack.

www.foxnews.com...

8 of 14 successful? That's barely over 50%. Do they really think we will buy this?
I've got an idea...Let's not put this to the test. Let's stop interfering with the rest of the worlds problems so they don't have a reason to attack us.

I totally agree we need a strong defense, but instead we are spread all the way across the globe fighting for other countries problems. Let's get this up way better than 57% and up to a more acceptable range. If 8 out of 14 is acceptable to the Pentagon, then no wonder our "smart bombs" continue to kill innocent civilians and children.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by webpirate]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Perhaps Iran is not developing nukes to nuke us literally. Maybe they are developing EM bombs that will destroy us as a society. A few electromagnetic bombs detonated over the US could wipe out our electronics effectively shutting us down as a society. Electricity would go off and then the people would start fighting over food and available cash. Gas stations would stop pumping and water may stop flowing. I don't know if generators coud survive the EM attack. All of our modern cars with chips might get fried and may not start anyway. If Iran can build an EM weapon that fries all electronic chips and it shuts down our water, power, transportation, banks, stores, etc. etc. why would you need a nuke?

If any weapons are being built in Iran, having only a 57 percent kill rate among incoming missles if Iran attacks the US will not be considered acceptable to most Americans in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
only twenty-five!!!!!!!!

the sucsess rate should be over 90%, and we should have 200+, just to be on the safe side. that should be enough to, you know, block incoming attacks and then destroy the offending country(s)

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I agree 57% is not very good
but it is better than nothing.

And I agree that we need to stay
out of other countries affairs.
No wonder we are hated so much.
We are not liberators, we are occupiers.
We should solve our own problems
before trying to solve other's problems.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I am not so sure that Iran will even exist in its present form by 2015, but you never know. I don't doubt for a moment that they are capable of many things, if carried out, that will ultimately guarantee their total destruction. The question is do they know that?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

I'm sure they do know that. Unfortunately, their destruction by the US or Israel or any Western country will only make them martyrs. And dying a martyr is the best thing a Muslim can hope for from what I understand.

new topics

top topics

join