I'm not making fun of OCD folks...as I suffer from a mild-medium (you decide) form of it. I was thinking maybe I'll put something on paper...or in
this case internetz...to guide me on my oath to freedom. Please add to it if you wish.
Signals pledges to:
* stop driving back home just to check to see if the oven was left on.
* not check and re-check my alarm at night like a MADMAN ...My reasoning goes something like this- "What if the last time I checked it I
actually messed up the setting??????" This creates a never-ending loop of checking and re-checking that drives Signals' wife INSANE.
* stop using the term "triple-checked" as I "clear" the house before going on a family outing. If anyone were to go back into the house after said
"triple-check"...well, the madness starts all over again!
* stop asking the wife to check in the car's rearview mirrors to make sure I shut the garage door. (as I may be hallucinating when I see they are
* stop obsessing over whether I put the cigarette out or not. (yes, I am an idiot smoker. If I get killed in a car crash tomorrow, I'm going to feel
really stupid about quitting smoking today)
* stop the door lock checking when I go to bed. It's insanity folks!
* stop checking and editing every single post I make here. And don't get me started on checking just-sent u2u's!
Signals...this is the greatest thing that I have read in the entirety of today. There is very little chance that the rest of the day will result in a
rhetorical encounter that will top this.
Just thought you should know that...
I do not pledge to cease and desist from all attempts to being as specific as possible in my expression in my never ending effort to insure that I am
never misunderstood...even if the rhetorical wading as experienced by those reading my expressions result in their having to give up trying to
This content community relies on user-generated content from our member contributors. The opinions of our members are not those of site ownership who maintains strict editorial agnosticism and simply provides a collaborative venue for free expression.