It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollow Earth Revisited, 2010: Little Green People, and a KY Connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Here we find ourselves in the year 2010, and we are still theorizing about our hollow earth.

Classic science has all but debunked the ages old theory that our earth is hollow. Talk to anyone you happen to see, in the mall or after church, and you are likely to be laughed at if you propose our earth is hollow. So while many won't admit to actually buying the theory, our Hollywood fascination with the concept and our literary love affair with scifi has proven deep down, maybe some of us want this theory to be true.

If we go deep enough, what will we find?

Dinosaurs and great beasts?

Or a paradise of Edenic proportions?

For those who have only touched upon the topic of H.E. in the book or movie Journey to the Center of the Earth may think this is all a fantasy.

But there are really people who believe this theory, and have taken extraordinary steps to explore our Hollow Earth.

Being from Kentucky, I always enjoy when a topic I love and am exploring, surprises me with a Kentucky Connection.

This topic is one of them, imagine my surprise to read about former Ky Congressman Richard Johnson (later VP under Van Buren) and his proposed but defeated legislation regarding an exploration of Hollow Earth! Granted this was back in the early 1800's, but in the history of man that is just yesterday. The bill DID get 25 votes.

KY Congressman Proposes Hollow Earth Bill!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For those unfamiliar with Hollow Earth Theory, here is a brief explanation. I am going to use wiki to quote from, but don't be shy, Google has thousands of links about this topic. Take a couple minutes Right Now, and at the least, before we discuss the theory any further, read the wiki and search ats and get some background on this topic. You will love it and researching Hollow earth is fun.

Hollow Earth Wiki

"According to the Hollow Earth hypothesis, the planet Earth is either wholly hollow or otherwise contains a substantial interior space. The hypothesis has long been contradicted by overwhelming observational evidence, as well as by the modern understanding of planet formation; the scientific community has dismissed the notion since at least the late 18th century.

The concept of a hollow Earth still recurs in folklore and as the premise for a subgenre of adventure fiction. It also features in some present-day pseudoscientific and conspiracy theories."

To me this is a pale description, but it suffices to explain the theory.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let's get back to the Kentucky Connection, shall we?

When I first discovered the Hollow Earth Theory, I had no idea there was such a mammoth Kentucky connection with the HET.

But when I looked at the map that often comes up on searches, I realized something huge.

Did you see it?

Offical NPS Site,Kentucky Mammoth Cave State Park

"

A Grand, Gloomy and Peculiar Place
Mammoth Cave National Park preserves the cave system and a part of the Green River valley and hilly country of south central Kentucky. This is the world's longest known cave system, with more than 367 miles explored. Early guide Stephen Bishop called the cave a "grand, gloomy and peculiar place," but its vast chambers and complex labyrinths have earned its name—Mammoth.

Ranger in New Entrance domes

Tours of Mammoth Cave

Since 1816, visitors have toured the subterranean labyrinths of Mammoth Cave. Discover what adventures await you on our many Cave Tours.

The Age of Exploration is now. "

Could this be? The entrance to the mythical Center of the World right here in my own backyard?

So, according to this map, one can enter our Hollow Earth through the Mammoth Cave System. But is there REALLY any evidence that points to this Ky Connection being anything but mythical fantasy?

I set out on Google to see what had already been espoused upon the subject.

Stay tuned for my second post, a continuation of Hollow Earth Revisited, 2010: Little Green People, North Pole Inner Earth Expedition, and a couple of Kentucky Connections to Boot.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by hotbakedtater]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
To continue.

Much to my dismay, I have found very little about this Kentucky Connection. I will share what little I have gleaned from the web, 99% of what I found simply referred to Mammoth Cave as the purported entrance to the mythical Agartha, of which we will discuss in due time, or referenced the map from OP.

In discussing peoples of Hollow Earth, the reports are the people grow larger than on Earth. That makes my tiny Kentucky Mammoth cave discovery, quite....Interesting.

Six Foot Red Headed Mummy Found In Mammoth Cave

"[s]omewhere between 1811 and 1813 (different authors vary on the date) a group of miners were working in the Kentucky Caves, particularly in Short Cave. A worker was digging into the clay when he hit upon a large flat rock. When the rock was removed a crypt containing a mummy was discovered.

...It was determined that the mummy had been a woman, nearly six foot tall. The woman had been wrapped in two deer skins that were decorated with leaf and vine patterns. The body was in nearly perfect condition even though researchers didn't see it until over 60 years after its discovery. The mummy had red hair in an unusual hair style. The hair was cut to about an eighth of an inch long, except on the back of the head, near the neck, where the hair was about two inches long.

The most astounding fact about the Fawn Hoof Mummy was that it had been prepared and embalmed in much the same way as used by the Egyptians. The hands, ears, fingers and much of the rest of the body was dried, but had been preserved very well.

So how, or why, did the Smithsonian Institution lose this precious find? Could it be that new information provided the mummy challenged their ideas about our pre-history and any interactions the ancient Egyptians may have had with the Americas? "

What a very intriguing discovery, only to be....LOST by the Smithsonian? Could this unusual Kentucky Mummy have been one of the inhabitants of that mythical Hollow earth?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is one group who, as I type this tale, are planning an Expedition to Hollow Earth. this is the most exciting news I have heard in some time.

Here is a little bit about the North Pole Inner Earth Expedition.

Voyage To Hollow Earth

"Would you be interested in a once-in-a-life-time chance to discover Our Hollow Earth first hand? We invite you to join us now on an expedition to Our Hollow Earth!

To Join the Expedition, click here.

This proposed expedition would like to conduct some scientific observations in the Arctic that is hoped will resolve once and for all whether the hollow earth theory has any validity. The indigenous Eskimos believe there is a hole in the Arctic Ocean. Observations of several Arctic explorers of mirages of land in the Arctic indicate that the most plausible location for a north polar opening that leads into the interior of the earth is located at 87.7 N Latitude, 142.2 E Longitude. To check out this theory, a group of hollow earth believers and scientists would like to charter a Russian Nuclear Icebreaker into the Arctic sea.

Steve Currey, our expedition organizer, discovered May 1, 2006 he had brain cancer with 6 tumors, and on May 22 was advised it was incurable. He passed away July 26 and his funeral was August 1, 2006 in Provo, Utah. The Currey family has cancelled their involvement in our hollow earth expedition and have returned expedition members monies. We are most SAD to hear this fateful news.

With the passing of Steve Currey, expedition members have regrouped and chosen new expedition leadership.

Our Expedition organizer is now Dr. Brooks Agnew, physicist.
You can listen to him on his Internet radio program at www.x2-radio.com...."

You should read more about this exciting expedition at the link. It is exciting because there is actually a group determined to test the theory.

The Official North Pole Expedition Website, Click Here!

"he discovery that the earth is hollow would forever shatter our long-held beliefs about how planets are formed. More importantly, however, discovering life beneath the earth’s crust could potentially provide us with new tools that would allow life on the surface to regain environmental balance, harmony, and possibly even peace. These prospects make the North Pole Inner Earth Expedition the greatest expedition in the history of the world."

Dr. Agnew has also conducted scientific research to support his theory, which can and should be look at if you have followed this tale thus far.

Dr. Agnew's Hollow Earth Science!

"It is strongly believed that the scientific data collected on this Expedition will be invaluable to understanding the true structure of the Earth. If the oceanic depression can be located and measured, it will be the geological discovery of the millennia. If the Aurora Borealis can be affirmed to originate from the inner Earth, the entire field of planetary physics may be rewritten. If the Earth can be proven to be hollow, the Expedition may be the most profound discovery since the Earth was discovered to revolve around the sun.

Not only are these scientific discoveries possible, but they are demanded by tens of millions of enthusiasts who have been supporting this Expedition with their letters, votes, voices, and purchases of conferences, books and films on the subject. This is by far the most exciting Expedition ever attempted on Earth."

I know, with all the excitement over Kentucky Connections and North pole Expeditions, I have not mention how Little Green Men play into the Hollow Earth Theory.

To conclude our tale, I will leave you with the story of two green people who are rumored to have come from the Hollow earth itself! Enjoy this old 'fairy tale'.

Little Green People

"n Suffolk, at St Mary's of the Wolf Pits (Woolpit), a boy and his sister with green tinged skin were said to have been found at the mouth of the old wolf pits. When first discovered they were both extremely frightened, and no one could understand their speech. They were eventually taken to the home of Sir Richard de Caine at Wilkes...

...When she had learnt how to speak English, she related the story of how they had come to be at the entrance to the pits. She said they had come from a land where there is no sun, but light such as at our twilight all the time. She and her brother were following their flocks, when they chanced upon a cavern. They entered this cavern and heard the sound of bells and were so enchanted by the sweet music, that they stayed exploring until they came to the cavern's entrance."

Was the little green girl describing Hollow Earth?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you enjoy this topic as much as I do, and want to further explore Hollow Earth Theory, I leave you these links to further your adventure. And in your explorations, if you discover any hollow Earth connections of your own, or anything else that catches your fancy, please share with the rest of us. This thread is for everyone to add to and enjoy.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.ourhollowearth.com...

www.v-j-enterprises.com...

www.unmuseum.org...

I have merely brushed the surface of Hollow earth, hopefully whetting your appetite to explore further this ages old myth of an inner Eden right beneath our feet. If no else discovers and posts about the myriad of connections to the Hollow Earth theory I did not touch upon, I promise to return and explore even more avenues of thought in the always entertaining arena of Hollow Earth theories.

Thank you for taking the time to explore the surface of our Hollow Earth together.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Good post, well done. I dont believe in the classic hollow earth, but I do think there may be very large cavities and subterranean chambers that have remained undetected. I also think many native peoples who passed down stories were talking of another dimension, not physically in the middle of the planet in our dimension. These misunderstandings lead people to claim there is a wealth of evidence and the science could be wrong. They are confusing things, cherry picking supposed evidence to support thier hypothesis. I think the centre of the earth is not fully explained by science as of yet, but thats no reason to claim its hollow. The alternative science (becoming mainstream) points to a growing earth that cannot possibly be hollow, any hollow areas would be filled in before new matter (converted from energy) is forced up through sea spreads and volcanoes to the surface. So im finding it ever hard to believe there are even large cavities, unless they are structurally supported possibly artificially.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Great post! This is really weird, i just posted on my Antarctica Mystery thread about Hollow Earth right before i saw your post! Funny! Here is what i said:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It really seems like there is something going on with Germany after the war, either in South America or Antarctica. This is a crazy theory and it falls into the hollow earth stuff, but aren't there a ton of underground tunnels throught south america? I think i remember reading about the ancient indians used to be able to use underground tunnels to be able to travel 100's of miles to visit other cities throughout the continent. I know i have heard of some Europeans visiting some of the tunnels right when they first "invaded" the continent and were freaked out by what was inside and blocked the entrances. It is all very crazy stuff...

i will read your entire post and reply, great thread S+F!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I thoroughly enjoyed your thread! I have but only scratched the surface into my own investigation into the Hollow Earth Theory, and in fact have heard of the expedition a few times on Coast to Coast with George Noory. Im very inspired to continue to investigate much further than I have. I've heard no one will allow a charter to go past the 87th parallel, which makes things a bit more fishy. I also read of a pilot that stated it is impossible to fly directly over the north pole, or all instrumentation goes haywire, like there is no land beneath the airplane, therefore all planes must fly around it. Very well done here! I look forward to reading anything else that you may post on the subject in the future. And I, too, will be investigating. S&F!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Yeah I heard about how their first expedition leader suddenly got 6 brain tumors and died like a month later... you can`t blame his family for backing off after that! But apparently not everybody got scared enough...I hope they go through with this. They`ve been trying to get this together for over 2 years now I believe. Well more than that but I think they got to the point they are actually selling "tickets" for the voyage. If I had the money I would go just to go, nevermind hollow earth. I also heard that some mysterious character approached and offered to fill the boat with paying passengers, but apparently they would also want to control certain aspects of the voyage so it was suspected that it was an attempt to sabotage the expedition. Just the circumstances surrounding the previous expedition leader`s death makes it one of those things where I won`t be satisfied until it`s been thoroughly examined by multiple sources. I know how crazy it sounds, but until you`ve spent a good amount of time researching (I was surprised about how much there WAS to research, and how far back the first claims of this theory go) it, then you are not as qualified to form an educated opinion. I`m not saying it`s for sure, but assuming that things are a one certain way and that we already know it for sure has knocked our... egos, in the dirt far too many times! Always keep an open mind. Even moreso when contemplating a subject you have not yet mastered, or a person, place or thing you have not had the pleasure of exploring with some of if not all 6 or 7 of your senses!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
OP your threads are the bee's knees

This subject always makes me chuckle...I mean, haven't we tested the depths for pressure and heat measurements??? (proving nobody can live way down there)

My daughter loved that Brandon Frasier re-make of Journey To The Center Of The Earth....until I broke it down for her

As for taller people, wouldn't getting closer to the center make you shorter

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
From what I have read, some theorize a lessened gravity in Hollow Earth, thus people and living organisms can grow much larger in Hollow Earth vs. On Earth.

Another thing postulated upon, in regards to Hollow Earth, is it may be connected to the USO phenomenon.

When we H.E. enthusiasts (and I dont say believer, I find it fun to explore this topic!) say there are a lot of threads to explore in discovering H.E. theories, we are not joking!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
One more post before bedtime. I bet I have some wonderful dreams tonight, after all this reading on Hollow Earth!

Reading through the responses I realized the connection to the KY Redhead Mummy may not be clear. So here is a little bit of information on Agartha, the city in Hollow Earth.

www.iamuniversity.org...

"In Dr. Raymond Bernard's book called "The Hollow Earth" he tells of a man who confirmed Admiral Byrd's story. Dr. Nephi Cotton of Los Angeles reported that one of his patients, a man of Nordic descent, told him the following story:

"I lived near the Arctic Circle in Norway. One summer my friend and I made up our minds to take a boat trip together and go as far as we could into the North country. So we put a months worth of food provisions in a small fishing boat and set to sea.

"At the end of one month we had traveled far into the north, beyond the pole and into a strange new country. We were much astonished at the weather there. Warm, and at times at night it was almost too warm to sleep. Then we saw something so strange that we were both astonished. Ahead of the warm open sea we were on what looked like a great mountain. Into that mountain at a certain point that ocean seemed to be emptying. Mystified, we continued in that direction and found ourselves sailing into a vast canyon leading into the interior of the earth. We kept sailing and then we saw what surprised us... a sun shining inside the earth.

"The ocean that had carried us into the hollow interior of the earth gradually became a river. This river led, as we came to realize later, all through the inner surface of the world from one end to the other. It can take you, if you follow it long enough, from the North Pole clear through to the South Pole.

"We saw that the inner surface of the earth was divided, as the other one is, into both land and water. There is plenty of sunshine and both animal and vegetable life abounds there. We sailed further and further into this fantastic country, fantastic because everything was huge in size as compared with things on the outside. Plants are big, trees gigantic and finally we came to giants."

In many writings on Hollow Earth it is described as heavenly or paradise like.

Mention of Other Kentucky Giants Skeletons Found, and Giants in the KY/TN/OH Area

"In 1965, a skeleton measuring 8 feet 9 inches was found buried under a rock ledge along the Holly Creek in east-central Kentucky.

A skeleton 7 feet 6 inches long was found in a massive stone structure that was likened to a temple chamber within a mound in Kanawha County, West Virginia, in 1884. (American Antiquarian, v6, 1884 133f. Cyrus Thomas, Report on Mound Explorations of the Bureau of Ethnology, 12th Annual Report, Smithsonian Bureau of Ethnology, 1890-91).

George W. Hill, M.D., dug out a skeleton "of unusual size" in a mound of Ashland County, Ohio. In 1879, a nine-foot, eight-inch skeleton was
excavated from a mound near Brewersville, Indiana (Indianapolis News, Nov 10, 1975

In White County, Tennessee, an "ancient fortification" contained skeletons of gigantic stature averaging at least 7 feet in length."

Now, this may be coincidence, but giants ARE associated with the stories and tales of Hollow Earth, and this is a rather lot of giants found near or in the tristate area of one of the purported entrances to our Hollow Earth!

Some food for thought.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by hotbakedtater]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
All very interesting information, hotbakedtater. Thanks! My appetite is whetted and I am going to look for more information about these tall people's remains having been found in Kentucky and near by areas.

I live about an hour and a half drive from Mammoth Cave. Never been there, though. I don't care how large a cave is, I still get claustrophopia. lol
Something about being underground just gives me the creeps.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Hello friend
Lexington KY here

I never knew about the Kentucky Bill being passed that is radical. Seriously! I will have to tell my husband about it- he teases me for believing in the hollow earth but I dont care- it feels right to me.

I am a FIRM believer in the Hollow Earth theory, and I too have wondered about going into Mammoth Cave on one of their "tours" and breaking off and finding the entrance! Wouldnt that be something!

I am quite positive that there would be no way a civilian could wander off and find it. Im sure theyve blocked it off or atleast concealed it to the point of non recognition. Shame, Id love to do an ATS Field Trip

[edit on 22-4-2010 by xynephadyn]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Anyone interested in Hollow Earth Theories has heard of the Hitler Hollow Earth Connection. Have you, as I, wondered what could have drawn a man like Hitler to the almost crazy notion of a Hollow Earth?

Maybe the following snippet from this website will shed light on the subject:

www.echoesofenoch.com...

Not so New Age concept:

"H.P. Blavatsky, spiritualist medium and founder of Theosophy stated that the North Pole is the region of Atma, a pure electro-magnetic soul of the earth and spirituality called the Gate, whereas the South Pole is called "The Pit." cosmically and terrestrially. North being positive and the South Pole being negative. She wrote about the Aryan "master race" and their subterranean origin from within the earth. The earth then was like a living force with energy and light flowing inward into the North Pole and excreting out of the South Pole. Mankind emerging from the "womb" to live on the surface is compared to a "birthing".

At the turn of the 19th century many intellectuals and European Aristocrats took Blavatsky’s Theosophy based upon her main work "Secret Doctrines" to heart. The Thule society was formed based upon Theosophy and the Secret Doctrine. As mentioned this was the intellectual occult secret societies and financial groups that later became a part of the Nazi party! "

Well, there you have it. Theosophist Blavatsky, and her opinion that a master race of aryans lived in the Hollow earth, could have drawn Hitler to the theory, or just by his interest in Blavatsky and theosophy itself he is forever linked into the mythology that surrounds Hollow Earth.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

I would totally be up for a Mammoth Cave Field Trip with my KY ats buddies! I am planning to take my kids this summer, but it isnt written in stone, it depends if I can get the time off.

But when we do make it there, I plan to do a lot of picture taking, and investigating/interviewing as I can squeeze in before my kids say enough already mom!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I live in Louisville and I put this up with the head shaking, sighing, dumbfounded emotions that I feel everytime someone from Bullitt Co. gets interviewed after a tornado tore through their trailer park.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I am very interested in going, information on recent expeditions and any other news about this subject. I have heard from many "insiders" or people who are connected to shadow organizations that this is a truth, but no other information. I want to see this place for myself so if there is any actual plans to make the trip I am not all that far from the location up here in Alaska. I would like to fall off the end of the earth and see this phenomena that has been the subject of so much debate. If it's not true, then at least we will all know. I truly believe it is true and want to see for myself.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I would think over five miles a bit far to drill and if the map is correct the "surface" of the center of the earth is facing away from the core, which would explain a lower gravitational index.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Fascinating topic. I never really dug into it before. Is seems the Hollow earth mixes in esoteric or ancient wisdom and seems to be a metaphor for the inner man or woman on a spiritual path at times, however the story purports to be a real physical place. For instance Shamballa is the abode of the adepts who are the guides of the race, in the ancient wisdom it is not on the physical plane but on the Etheric plane or in the Aether. The secret place is within the mind or light in the head where the soul resides etc. which interestingly corresponds to the inner sun...Stuff like that. Admiral Byrds diary would be a fascinating read it sounds like.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: hotbakedtater

I am from the Kentucky area and have always entertained the thought of Mammoth Cave being a hollow earth entrance. The only thing is the massive amount of paths that lay undiscovered. I have been in and around the cave area hundreds of times, and frequently kayak the green river in the summer.

Even though this is an old thread, if ANYONE has ANY specific information about trails to take, or places to look for clues, I AM ALL EARS.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: intunewithmyself
a reply to: hotbakedtater

I am from the Kentucky area and have always entertained the thought of Mammoth Cave being a hollow earth entrance. The only thing is the massive amount of paths that lay undiscovered. I have been in and around the cave area hundreds of times, and frequently kayak the green river in the summer.

Even though this is an old thread, if ANYONE has ANY specific information about trails to take, or places to look for clues, I AM ALL EARS.

I don't live as close to the Kentucky area, but I've been researching this Hollow Earth theory and it sounds absolutely fascinating. I too believe there is something out there that has not been uncovered yet and I would like to find out what. I would appreciate it if anyone that has any clues of a new expedition could share the information. I would love to go to mammoth cave and take a look around and see if we can find out the truth.

new topics

top topics

join