It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legal Slavery?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
During the time of pre-civil war slavery in the United States the slaves generally received food and lived within some sort of dwelling. The food may have been meager, and the shelter quite dilapidated; yet it was food and shelter nonetheless.

Now let's look at today. People go to work and receive a wage. In many cases this wage is barely enough to provide food and shelter.

So my question is this; although there is now an exchange of currency, is it really that much different than pre-civil war slavery?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
That's an interesting thought to be sure. At least we're not a bunch of bigoted douchebags anymore.. or at least MOST of us aren't lol

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by latEsleepeR

I think that the bigotry is still equally present.

It's just difficult to spot; as most people live their lives so seperate from eachother.

It's easy to be devoted to your own opinion or prejudice when you rarely socialize enough to have anyone challenge it.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Namaste

Hey, at least we're free to choose leave our slave master to go work for another slave master.

Also, there's still the possibility that we may strike it rich so that we can become the new slave master. After all, there's always the Power Ball lottery.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I just bit my tongue. Or was it my cheek?

The laughter is great, but would you please address the actual issue?

I have two replies now, but not a one actually answered the question.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste
During the time of pre-civil war slavery in the United States the slaves generally received food and lived within some sort of dwelling. The food may have been meager, and the shelter quite dilapidated; yet it was food and shelter nonetheless.

Now let's look at today. People go to work and receive a wage. In many cases this wage is barely enough to provide food and shelter.

So my question is this; although there is now an exchange of currency, is it really that much different than pre-civil war slavery?

Slavery is now an equal opportunity employer.
No longer limited to those of African decent.

Taxes and Regulations make ownership of property an illusion.

We are the property being traded... our children's sweat is now owned by another.

That is slavery.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by seataka]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by seataka

Thank You! That's exactly what I am getting at. If there is any capitalizing going on in Capitalism; it is not on the market, but the workforce.

Those that turn the gears make next to nothing. While those that head the machine, make enough to feed us for a lifetime; for playing eighteen holes.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
When the company you work for can take out a life insurance policy on you without your knowledge; is that not them treating you as their property?

Slavery (also called thralldom) is a form of forced labour in which people are considered to be the property of others.

Is that not slavery by any definition?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Namaste

welcome...

When people discuss revolution I feel so sad
as things are so far past that...
If we hope to succeed in the battle for the mind,
we should study successful slave rebellions throughout history.
And pattern our conduct upon that.

"I am Spartacus"

[edit on 21-4-2010 by seataka]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I've been saying this for years! Another even more telling example is people in prison. In Illinois, inmates employed by the prison for various tasks such as cooking, or even working for private corporations such as at&t, earn 8 cents a day. If they are fired within 30 days (and many, many are) they don't get any of their earnings. This forces the families to send actual money in, which is then converted to credits on a "commisary" account, where credits can be exchanged for expired cookies and the like. True, we can "choose" "masters" now, but don't 5 corporations own like 70% of the economy? Also, have you ever noticed how people who win the big lottery jackpots in your state always live on the opposite side of the country? In Cali, someone from New Jersey always seems to win, in Illinois, it's someone from Cali. Conspiracy in itself! Who's going to question the huge payouts when nobody knows the person who actually won? Have you ever known someone from your side of town actually winning a powerball or mega millions? And this newly created nouveau rich person is never heard from again. My guess? Well paid actors (not of the hollywood type, plain looking people) pose for a few interviews, and any fervor having died down, disappear. I would also suspect there are numerous non- disclosure agreements made as well. Along the lines of : you can take this $1 million dollars (out of what? $245 million or something?) and shut up, or your signature x__here and x__here will land you in jail and broke. Also, we could buy and sell your entire country in a blink of an eye, I'd suggest not to pursue that course of action for safety's sake *wink* get my drift?

Question OP, could you go into a little more detail on companies taking out insurance policies on employees? That's really disgusting, I've never heard about this.

%Hypothetical abuse scenario%
DAVE- "Well, the shareholders aren't going to be happy about this..."
JOHN- "Well remember the $25 mil we insured Fred for? Cause he's sooo IMPORTANT *snicker* to the company? It's time for Fred to prove his importance."
DAVE- (nervous chuckle) "Workplace accident again, John?"
JOHN- "Make it so."

[edit on 21-4-2010 by siahchi]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Sadly I have realized we are all slaves. True slaves brainwashed into thinking we have some sort of control.
You do not own your self. you and I are commodities, owned by the federal reserve. You have a value from 650,000 to 750,000 Federal Reserve dollars in collateral from the Fed. That you will pay for your entire life in taxes.
Birth certificates are a form of securities called "warehouse receipts."
You can read more here-

You don't own yourself -- the Federal Reserve does.
mondovista.com...

Also have you realized almost everything these days that you are asked to sign, or required to do so by law etc, will have your name printed in all capital letters? Your Drivers License, Birth Certificate, Death Certificate, Court Documents, Bills and more... will always print your name in all Caps or a variation of Capital letters. And while people generally never question or even pay attention to something so seemingly small and meaningless, it does in fact equal so much more.

This something called Capitis Diminutio Maxima, there is also Capitis Diminutio Minima and Capitis Diminutio Media ~ all with their various differences but none-the-less, all important to be aware of, especially the next time you are asked to sign anything printed with your name on it!

Capitis Diminutio Maxima (meaning a maximum loss of status through the use of capitalization, e.g. JOHN DOE or DOE JOHN) - Is The highest or most comprehensive loss of status. This occurred when a man's condition was changed from one of freedom to one of bondage, when he became a slave. It swept away with it all rights of citizenship and all family rights.

Read more here-

loveforlife.com.au...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It may be slavery, but apparently, we don't make good enough slaves, since the big companies all move their production to China. I'm not sure how we should feel about that, though.

That being said, we still have the option not to work. As impossible as it seems, we CAN survive without an actual job in life. So, I wouldn't call it slavery, but rather, self-imposed slavery.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste

Yes I would agree with you that the government/big businesses are downgrading our jobs to make us more dependant on them and to finally make us slaves, which is one of the big reasons the middle class is going away.

Most of our middle class jobs are now overseas and more leave everyday. There are still some jobs out there like working at a fast food resturants and stuff like that for minimum wage. In California where I live right now you have to speak spanish for most jobs as well as English which just encourages more illegal's to come across the boarder and lower our wages as well, why go to China when you can bring China to you..........

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Trudge]

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Trudge]

top topics

join