It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grotesque McDonald's ad and the decayed economy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
i dont see anything wrong with that. It was actually kind of cute. Don't you get it, he was suppose to be a young boy starting a new job, but he was actually old as dirt.

Well they lost me with the lack of realism

the SOB has a house?

Twat? did he kill the previous occupants, or does he slang crack on the side?

BTW that commercial is OLLLLLLLLLLLLLLD

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
OK, OK, I didn't realize it was so old when I posted it. My apologies.

Still creeps me out, though.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
hahaha the music seals the deal for me.

"parents won't go to a nursing home and you don't want them living with you? send em to mcdonalds, because even if they can't operate a 1980's era register, there's plenty of sh# to clean up!
McDonalds!"

the old dude looked like he enjoyed it, besides, how many other companies willingly offer jobs to the elderl; who may need the money to cover unexpected medical bills, or whose retirement did not pan out exactly as planned?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
When I go to Mcdonalds, I buy salads .. I do the same when I go to Chilis, or Fridays (Cob Salad with Blue Cheese dressing everytime), or any other place.

The fact of the matter is, McDonalds has some alternatives to their more traditional items, but they just don't sell. Right now you have the choice of getting salads or a fruitbowl with yogurt -- and i'm not even sure if they still offer the fruit thingy..

The reason you don't find super-health, organic foods at places like McDonalds is because the consumer refuses to buy them... Not really their fault, if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Nice old commercial, poor guy could end up as a Wal Mart greeter instead. Those cats creep me out......

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I still think the security guard job is the job of choice for retired men. It’s sad they have worked all their life and retirement isn’t a walk in the park as they expected.

Many elderly must put away their pride to make ends meet. Very sad but this guys loves his job. It may keep him alive a few years longer.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
As many have pointed out, that is indeed an old commercial, probably even older that many ATS members.

..but what's "grotesque" about it?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
We are lucky to still have some menial task labor jobs in the US for High school students and retirees .

Being an old commercial the new one is probably all illegal immigrants,, not to offend those who are but that’s what I see now days.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Even though it's old, it might as well be new once that old guy finds out his retirement nest-egg won't buy a Quarter Pounder.

Peace

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Reminds me of Grampa Simpson working at Krusty Burger...
"and another thing, I never once washed my hands after using the restroom. That's your policy, not mine!"

One thing to keep in context here is that a hell of a lot of retirees take (or at least used to take) jobs at McDonald's and Walmart (greeters) not because they needed the cash but because they are looking for something to do, interaction with other people, and even a desire to feel as relevant as they did when they were working in their previous careers. It can't be easy for a man to work for 40 years of his life and then suddenly feel like there's no place for him because he's retired with nothing to do.

Personally, I'll end up spending those years on some lake or river with a tackle box next to me or up on some mountain with a rifle in my hand... but for a number of people that type of activity isn't something they want to do outside of an occassional diversion, so they head back to work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join