It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams - Is There Anything We Cannot Dream About?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Ok - long ago someone told me you rarely taste anything, and never smell anything in a dream.

Not that you don't dream about eating, for instance, and you might think "I must have been tasting something, I was eating", but while you commonly hear, see and touch things in dreams, rarely will you ever recall an actual taste sensation or an odor.

Personally, I've never tasted or smelled anything in a dream.

On a somewhat separate topic, have any of you ever used a brain stimulator? I have an old BT5 Pro, and man can you get some ca-razy dreams with that thing. Eventually I ended up with sort of hyper-lucid dreams where I was totally awake at one level and was "watching" parts of myself dream, while most of me was awake and bored crapless listening to myself snore and the AC kick on and off. It's sort of fun making yourself dream whatever you like for a while, eventually it gets tiresome.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Okay but assuming photons really do constitute light, those video game images were created via 3-Dimension photons.

I am in no way asserting that 2-Dimensions does not exist. The stance I have taken, just for the sake of argument, is that 2-Dimensions cannot exist purely on its own i.e. it needs 3-Dimensions.

EDIT: If the images in the brain are analogous to the images on the television screen, then it seems one cannot have 2-Dimensional dreams.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread563692
Yes but in your "2D being dreams", the beings had thickness to exist at all.

If one has (x, y, z, t) coordinates, drop one or more of those, and that physical entity ceases to exist. Existence itself must lie in at least 3 spatial dimensions while simultaneously maintaining duration.

As I am typing this, I just realized perhaps you are referring to images that constitute the dream itself. So I guess the question may be, how many dimensions are required to create an image. What is an image in the brain?

I will think this over a nice sleep tonight as to not go off the logical path.

Anyway.

I still think your inability to conceptualize how this could be done is identical to your inability to dream about it. Just read a bit of Flatland here.

www.alcyone.com...

The females in Flat land are just lines, and as such they are very pointy and deadly. There is a law in flatland that females must stand sideways, otherwise they disappear completely and other flatlanders could impale themselves on them.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by The Cusp]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AG123

Nice one. I have never dreamt from the eyes of someone else, only from my own eyes or from myself looking down on myself so to speak.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I've got to disagree with this one. I've definatley had dreams where I have tasted and smelled things.

One thing that has just came to mind is, I have never dreamt that i've spoken a foreign language or unknown language in my dreams!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join