It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predator crashes at SCLA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Predator crashes at SCLA

www.vvdailypress.com

VICTORVILLE • A Predator unmanned aerial vehicle crashed at Southern California Logistics Airport Tuesday morning, officials said.

The Predator crashed around 11 a.m., just off a runway at SCLA, according to Battalion Chief Tracy Carleton with the San Bernardino County Fire Department.

Three fire units were sent to the crash scene. No one was hurt.

The cause of the crash is unknown, and the Federal Aviation Administration will investigate.

It was not immediately known where the remotely-piloted Predator originated from.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Iranian-Backed Insurgents Hack U.S. Drones

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Good afternoon ATS, I did a search and didn't find anything on this, so if this has already been posted, feel free to move/close.

I live by, and work near SCLA airport, and see the Predators, flying around all the time, and this is the first Ive heard locally of one crashing.

The part of the article that stuck out most to me was that they didn't know imediately where the Predator originated from.

I find that slightly fishy, seeing that they do occasionaly fly them from SCLA, or Edwards, or the manufacturing facility 10 miles away.

Why would air traffic control not no that they had an unauthorized plane in their restricted airspace? And to top it off, the plane crashes on a runway!

Could this be another hack job? Testing new technology on the predator?

www.vvdailypress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I find the statement "It was not immediately known where the remotely-piloted Predator originated from." is open to interpretation. It could be from the point of view of the reporter writing the article and simply mean it was not known to the press as they were not informed. But if it does indeed mean the authorities did not know then yes! very interesting!
Definately one to keep an eye on, thank you for bringing this to our attention

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Well that's $5 million a unit down the toilet.

"It was not immediately known where the remotely-piloted Predator originated from."

I am not entirely sure, but my guess would be Southern California Logistics Airport. lol.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
An unmanned plane crashes near the landing strip.

Three fire units were sent to the crash scene. No one was hurt.

Oh the irony.

I think the feelings of the one remote piloting it must have been hurt though.

new topics

top topics

join