It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found animal skull in the desert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
We found this skull in the desert. It's probably either a wild horse skull or a burro. Would anyone here know the difference, if there is any?

img76.photobucket.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I think it's a flamingo skull

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
interesting find on the skull, do you have the dimensions of it?

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I can get the dimensions for you tomorrow IKnowNothing. I left it outside and (it's pretty dark out there right now) and there's a cougar that's been hanging around these parts.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
It's about 12 inches long and 5 inches,
across the forehead IKnowNothing.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
from what i can make of it, and using www.skullsunlimited.com... as a guide, it closely resembles the skull of a domestic dog.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Hmmm... you don't suppose it's a flamingo skull do you?

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Hmmm... you don't suppose it's a flamingo skull do you?

hmmmmmm.........Nope I really don't think sooooo

The teeth don't look like a dogs teeth IKnowNothing. Remember I'm out here in the middle of nowhere and I don't see domestic dogs much. I'll try to get you a better picture.... especially of the teeth. Or whats left of them.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Okay here's some pictures of the teeth IKnowNothing.

img76.photobucket.com...

img76.photobucket.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   
wow. i have no idea what animal this skull belongs too, it looks like it's upside down but by the proportion of it, it seems it's correct. the reason why i think the skull might be upside down is because the molars are connected to the skull, which would make the jaw upside rather than downside, which is unsual to the majority of animals. i'm completely stumped.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It's a horse skull. The nose part has broken off.

Here's a comparison shot.

Original

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Nice work darklanser, I think you've got it. It looks exactly like the model other than the broken off nose that you mention. It would also correspond with the dimensions that MountainStar provided.

[edit on 10-6-2004 by ProudAmerican]

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
[edit on 10-6-2004 by cultureshock]

Whoops, I got in trouble for a one line post earlier. I was just gunna' agree with Wild Burro, they're everywhere in parts of Az. There, this should be long enough now.

[edit on 10-6-2004 by cultureshock]

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
WOW! Thank-you darklanser.

There was a large wild horse herd here a few years back. A beautilful pitch black stallion with his harem. We used to put out hay and water for them, until BLM rounded them up. We still have quite of few wild burro's. It's not unusual for cars traveling 75 m.p.h. on highway 160 going north to have a run-in with a burro. They are dark in color and can't be seen that easy at night. We don't have any street lights out here. A large burro can total a car. BLM put up fences, but the burro's stomp them down. We had to fence off our whole property to stop the burro's from eating our trees.

Thanks again darklanser I really appreciate your help.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
No problem. My dad lives in Southwest New Mexico. He lives waaayyyy out in the middle of nowhere. There's some horses that wander around near his house. They have a donkey that hangs around with them. It's funny to see them snub the donkey. It's like the horses think they are better creatures or something. Even in nature...there's prejudice.

Glad I could help MountainStar. I love solving mysteries. Makes me think I'm on CSI or something.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Maybe I was wrong about it being a flamingo

new topics

top topics

join