It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just for my own information.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Can everyone here who claims to be a psychic please leave a little info in this thread about yourself? Info on how you discovered your powers, how you use them and stuff like that?

Thanks much,
-Namtar

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
This is in the wrong forum, you should have posted in paranormal forum. This forum is all about predictions. You will get more responses on the other forum, and people coming to this forum won't have to read this thinking is a prediction. I am just helping you out.

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
ummm don't psychics make predictions?

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Honestly, I think everyone is psychic to some extent. AND I think that most people could be even more psychic than they are now, if they would more attention to the etherial and less to the physical world.

If you want get in touch with your own natural abilities, that's understandable. I'm at my most psychic point just before falling asleep or just when starting to wake up. I find that I'm the most relaxed and I let my mind wander. I have flashes of all sorts of stuff. It's usually quick so at first it's hard to get a hold of. But eventually you do.

Most of the stuff that you'd consider to be psychic happens without my control or initiation. Usually in dreams or during the day without me trying. It just happens.

I don't consider myself to be psychic. I DO consider myself to be somewhat more aware of my etherial surroundings than many earthbound people I know. Does that make sense?

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
HI,

I find myself knowing stuff instantly sometimes. Its kind of like looking at a sum and knowing the answer without having to work it out (I done that in school until I got told to stop it and show my workings).

Anyway, Its mostly about people and what they are thinking, but of course you mind starts to kick in and you doubt your original instinct. You say to yourself ' How could I know that? I have no proof'.

Also I seem to have very good feeling sense too, like when danger is near. Then all humans have that in-buildt danger system.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namtar
ummm don't psychics make predictions?

You need to do some research... I know plenty of psychics who couldn't predict the future if they tried. Being psychic isn't about predicting the future

Clairvoyancy is the side that tends to make predictions... but being clairvoyant isn't just about seeing the future

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Even though I was using the term "psychic" in a stereotypical way I think my point and question were still obviously clear in what I meant to inquire. I was asking why this didn't fit in with the predictions forum because from what I'm told from infomericials for "1-800-PSY-CHIC" and other hotlines ect. they can make predictions. Stereotypical maybe, but you should still catch my drift.

When most people think of psychic they think of an old lady, a crystal ball, and future events being seen. I don't care what the dictionary definition of the word is, that's what people think.

I just want all who claim to have any powers of any paranormal sort to leave a little info about themselves and their powers in this thread. The move to this forum was fine. I did get some responses and a big thanks to you who did respond!

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I believe everybody had the ability to predict but some are blind by their beliefs.

I am talking predicting simple things, usually the I knew that was going to happend, not the big scale events.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm interested in knowing how many people on ATS are able to do the large scale/really in depth stuff.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Why are you interested in this? Is it because of personal interest to help develop your own "skills" or some other motives? If it's to help you to develop, maybe it would help if you gave info on yourself first. If for other motives, what are they?

regs out...

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
How about because I just want to know for the sake of knowing? Why the hell do I have "motive"?

I've already put info on myself on this board. As the mods and most other l33t buttholes say around here "Do a search, it's located right under "deny ignorance"."

Why do you ask so many questions?
Why is your name regs?
Why do you post at ATS?
Why do you have an internet connection?
Why do you have a computer?
Why do you type in English?

Give me a break.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Let's see...

Why do I ask so many questions?

How bout because we get so many people coming on here asking for info for the sake of bashing other people's beliefs and such. A lot of that has happened in the Paranormal Studies forum's.

Why is your name regs?

It's an abreviation for my name. A term of endearment, if you will, from a close friend of mine.

Why do you post at ATS?

How bout I like the community. I have actually been posting here since late 2001. I've met a lot of friends here, and intend to make many more. Actually, most of my friends here are fellow mods, due to the fact that I don't have time for a lot of other stuff that goes on to contribute to many threads, due to being a mother of an 8 month old.

Why do you have an internet connection?

Most people do today. Also, due to the generation I am a part of, it's almost inevitable. Guess it's not just the "good guys"that have them though. Oh well, takes all kinds, unfortunately, by your snippish manner, and inability to just answer a simple inquiry, that will help others to gear their answers to help you the most, you seem to be in the "bad guys" classification.

Why do you have a computer?

I like to get online. I do a lot of gaming when the oprotunity presents itself. Some of my favorite games are the Command and Conqueor series and a lot of strategy, such as Baldurs Gate. In case you aren't familiar, Baldurs Gate is in the Dungeons and Dragon's likeness.

Why do you type in English?

How bout it's my native language. It's much easier to communicate in a language you are intimately familiar with.

Oh, don't smart off to me, btw. I asked a question of you. You could of answered simply without all the sarcasm. I asked in a desire to limit ridicule. Is that so hard for the Master of Egotism to answer in a simple, yet respectful tone? Think it over. Any other questions you would like to ask me? I'll provide the answers to the best of my ability with as much candor as I feel appropriate.

regs out...

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Blah blah blah.

Actually answering those questions was a waste of: your time, my time, the people who actually read your answers time, the internet's time, and your keyboard's time.

top topics

join