It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passenger jet from Washington to Moscow makes emergency landing in Azores

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Passenger jet from Washington to Moscow makes emergency landing in Azores

en.rian.ru

A United Airlines Boeing 767 en route from Washington to Moscow made an emergency landing on an island of the Azores in the mid-Atlantic, the Russian Federal Air Transportation Agency said on Wednesday.

"According to our information, a Boeing 767 en route from Washington to Moscow made an emergency landing on the island of Terceira," a source in the agency said, but did not say when the landing took place and how many passengers were on board.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Maybe nothing special, maybe a lot... Volcanic ash or maybe a warning from totally something else? Not much of information revealed, but because we can see very much tensions all around the strategic field raising - I see that everything is possible now.

News doesnt tell us much, just about technical failure. Interesting...

Soon as the skies was opened, first planes was forced to make emergency landing... But like I said - meybe something, maybe nothing.

en.rian.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I was expecting something like this......airlines had to get up and flying they were losing billions.....the next one will be a crash. TPTB will say it had nothing to do with volcanic ash. they have to say it was something else technical because its all about the money. if they said its volcanic ash thousands of people wouldnt fly(or i hope not) and the airlines would be back to losing billions and we cant have that. even at the cost of human lives.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
My grandmother is in the UK, apparently one of her friends took part in a test flight, she was scheduled to go to Majorca in a week or two, her friend told her it wasn't a good idea and that if they resumed flights it was gonna be bad. Heresey I know, just thought I'd share what she told me.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Missed sensation...

U.S. flight lands in Moscow after forced landing in Azores

A United Airlines Boeing 767 with some 200 passengers onboard landed on the Portuguese island of Terceira on Wednesday after smoke was discovered on board the plane. The pilot said the smell was from Iceland's volcanic eruption, a passenger claimed.

en.rian.ru...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
Missed sensation...

U.S. flight lands in Moscow after forced landing in Azores

A United Airlines Boeing 767 with some 200 passengers onboard landed on the Portuguese island of Terceira on Wednesday after smoke was discovered on board the plane. The pilot said the smell was from Iceland's volcanic eruption, a passenger claimed.

en.rian.ru...

I thought the cabins of planes were pressurized and they recirculated the same air throughout the entirety of the flights. So, this makes no sense to me. Admittedly, I am no expert on planes, so perhaps someone knowledgeable on the subject can chime in on this.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Don't know anything about aircraft, but in the infamous 1992 case of BA Flight 009, there was a sulphurous smoke reported in the cabin

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Another volcano emergency landing...

British pilot aborts flight: "We can smell ash!"

A worried British pilot flying a plane to rescue stranded holiday-makers in Greece had to abort the flight after developing engine problems.

An audio file obtained by ‘The Sun’ reveals the conversation between the pilot and air traffic control.

“We believe we’re in clear air at the moment, but we’ve definitely had the smell of the ash in the aircraft and twice one of our engine bleed airs has failed so we’re pretty sure its volcanic ash,” the Thomas Cook pilot said.

www.bild.de... tml

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I notice in the link another story about an iranian jet crash landing with its tail on fire not much detail but probably another Tupolev, maybe just flew in from the North of Tehran ,again ash could be a factor.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
It's really obvious that the Airlines decided to fly again because they were loosing so much money!

They are willing to take the risk and if anything happens, I'm sure it will be covered up in some way.

As a pilot myself (only PPL), there is no way I would want to fly a jet up through the atmosphere, I'll stick to single engine propeller at 2,500 feet thank you!

Just a matter of time before something happens.

If the big volcano goes up too, then we will have a major problem worldwide!

new topics

top topics

join