It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world's reaction to "disclosure"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

What would happen if there were a 'disclosure'?

In the ATS community we often discuss a topic we call "disclosure". The definition of which basically means; the disclosing of the knowledge of an extra-terrestrial existence by our government.

The United States, a major player in the history of UFO sighting and crashes, has yet to begin a discosure process. Many believe, as do I, that there has been a major effort by NASA to conceal findings that relate to ETs. On top of that, polls stretching back decades show that the majority of Americans believe in extra-terrestrial life. A poll published on CNN in 1997 shows that 64% of Americans believe that aliens had contacted the government. Since then, sightings have increased, and information has spread with the developement and use of the internet. Also, there are many countries around the world that have begun disclosing their info on UFO investigations and sightings.

www.cnn.com...

Other polls:

www.scrippsnews.com...

www.christianpost.com...

My question is: what would happen if one day you woke up and alien disclosure was broadcasting on almost every major news channel? If President Obama was on CNN telling the world that aliens exist, are friendly, and have a working relationship with our governments, how would it change the world? How would it effect your life? The more important question is: would we trust our governments to reveal the real facts around the disclosure?

Personally, I think a whole new generation of conspiracy theorists would appear. ATS would have headlines like: Is our government secretly trading humans to the new visitors? Has our government been allowing abductions? Secret alien plot to destroy the human race! Obama is an Alien! Aliens are the work of SATAN!

Is disclosure near? Are they slowly conditioning us to lessen the 'shock' of it? Would the aliens be "demonized" by the religious conservatives? Would there be riots in the streets? The breakdown of moral fiber? How would you react?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I don't think shows like V are helping them at all if they plan on disclosing "peaceful aliens".

Personally I don't think we need to worry about what would happen, because it's not going to happen.

Though, if it did. Mistrust and paranoia would rule. It also depends on what the aliens look like.
If they look like Predator or the aliens from Avatar.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
these question you present is why i think they are waiting for the government to collapse so there wont be any doubt that they are here for the right change...maybe they will come in the middle of a revolution and an economic collapse. also i think they want us to want there help right now we only want to help ourselves( they want this to) our the government to help us because thats the only thing we know!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I just say get it over with and make the disclosure. Wringing hands over how the public might hypothetically react couild delay disclosure indefinately.
Like Nike says "Just do it"

I don't think society would crumble or fall into a panic.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
it really depends on how they do it, and what they would say.

i believe disclosure is just around the corner.

also with the upcoming world cup, the single most viewed televised event.

i am betting something "weird" will happen.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave157

The United States "Military industrial Complex' is holding all the cards, so don't expect it anytime soon.

The evidence is six levels DOWN under Wright Patterson AFB

Tooooooo much money involved here, BILLIONS to be exact.

What are they doing on the International Space Station, whatever it is they ain't telling us, thats for sure. $$$$$$$$$$$$$

See my signature below.....nuff said

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by downunderET

i live right next to wright patt...where do u get ur info from??

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Same discussion started earlier today over in the gray area:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I am not sure i would like to wake up one day to be faced with knowing we are being visited by highly advanced species. All this stuff about Aliens coming to help us etc etc.

The only living beings that will help us is each other. I am all for the government disclousing that life excists else where in this vast Universe.
But as for meeting face, to face with beings from a different world i would much prefer to be the species with the technologically superiority when making first contact.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by MasterToker42088]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I can imagine Aliens being proclaimed as demons, and the work of Satan... It's the fear of the unknown, and fear ends all logic.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
Many believe, as do I, that there has been a major effort by NASA to conceal findings that relate to ETs. On top of that, polls stretching back decades show that the majority of Americans believe in extra-terrestrial life. ...etc

The problem with polls is that they just reflect the society. After all and if the polls are to believed then 70% of Americans don't believe in Evolution, therefore it is false.

The fact is that there is no conclusive PUBLIC evidence of ET. I, like you believe in ET, but not necessarily that he / she/ ha been on a slab in some lab in Texas.

Polls be damned.

Regards

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I've thought about this alot...

I have a feeling that the following hours and days after disclosure would be very similar to the following hours and days after 9/11. The TV stations around the world would be running 24/7 news programs for a few days... people would not go to work or school for fear and culture shock... and the word of mouth for those that did go to work and school would be aliens.

I think that churches would fill up like mad... however there would be a lot of disagreement among the world religions on how to treat the announcement.

A good way to think about it, would be that disclosure would most certainly be a paradigm shift; a total change of our basic view of our reality. I mean we all know (most of us) that ET presence is true to a degree, but for the government to come out and admit is a whole other thing.

Think of how much the world changed when Copernicus' heliocentric theory (sun being the center of the solar system as opposed to the earth) changed the way people looked at the church and themselves. That change took decades to take it's toll and for people to really understand it's meaning... with our current mass-culture, it would take months if not weeks.

So immediately, it would be a 9/11 style frenzy, but after people calmed down, most would want it to be back to buisness as usual, but it would never be the same. What happens over the next few months would be anyone's guess.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BroketheWall

i live right next to wright patt...where do u get ur info from??

Richard Dolan' books "UFO' and the National Security State Vol' 1 & 2.

And just about every other well researched book on the ET/UFO issue.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I find it hilarious how people spontaneously connect the whole UFO-subject into demonism. That is also the sole biggest reason why an average Joe refuses to believe in aliens, no matter how solid evidence he's presented with.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonas86

I completely agree. I don't see any reason why faith in a creator and belief in the existence of aliens can't coexist.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Good stuff. I generally agree with what you have to say. I wonder if a shift in the way of thinking is ultimately what keeps them from disclosure. Perhaps fear over losing their current grip of control. Maybe an enlightenment would open our eyes to many things that we previously didn't understand. On that thought, perhaps the bulk of us just aren't ready for that sort of spiritual evolution.

Do you think there could be an effort to slowly disclose and condition us for a disclosure event. Is it possible that the use of aliens and ufo in advertising, music, movies, etc, is a coordinated event in some cases?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Personally, I think a whole new generation of conspiracy theorists would appear. ATS would have headlines like: Is our government secretly trading humans to the new visitors? Has our government been allowing abductions? Secret alien plot to destroy the human race! Obama is an Alien! Aliens are the work of SATAN!

I think I've seen everyone of those threads titles over the years.

A good portion of the people I associate with are cynical a######s, What I mean by that is they mostly go with the flow because that's the way it is. If I catch these certain "friends/family" at the right time they'll all but tell me it's a waste of time researching ufo's or conspiracy in general. But I'm willing to bet that if disclosure where to go down like you described these very people would have that same smug attitude towards the announcement, something along the lines of "well of course they're here people have been seeing ufo's forever" or a similar response that equates to no big deal.

I tend to think more people would have that type of response rather than running through the streets screaming the end is nigh, though there would be quite a bit of that as well.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bigern

Yes, but it is a bit frustrating isn't it? There is atleast enough evidence in the form of interviews of former astronauts, military personnel, and government officials to atleast open up yourself to the idea of E.T. existence. Narrow-minds seem to be prevalent. Either leadership is doing a hell of a job hypnotising the masses, or people have gradually lost their sense of wonder, and developed an overwhelming sense of superiority.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
reply to post by Monts

Do you think there could be an effort to slowly disclose and condition us for a disclosure event. Is it possible that the use of aliens and ufo in advertising, music, movies, etc, is a coordinated event in some cases?

I don't think that the use of aliens/ufos in movies and media is meant to condition us specifically for disclosure... if it is used to condition us it would be there with the sole purpose of integrating the idea of aliens into culture.

The fact remains... that in the minds of most people, aliens are science fiction... but what most people don't realize is that the science fiction of the late 19th century was people flying in space and going to the moon... which was all accomplished less than a century later. The current mainstream sci-fi is all star-trek and alien contact... whose to say that it won't come true in this century?

I think it will be interesting to see what sci-fi becomes 100 years from now

I do think that NASA and other science agencies are conditioning us for disclosure though... The scientific branch of the vatican recently said that ET life is possible and doesn't conflict with faith, as well as NASA finding evidence of water on the moon and bacteria in space asteroids.

Some scientists have even put forth the idea that ET's could already be here and walking among us... but are advanced enough that they are able to, with whatever means, blend into our environment as to go un-noticed.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

can you tell me how to require these books and files??

top topics

join