It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government was watching me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Okay this is what happened. Yesterday, I had some friends over. We were all sitting around a table in my back yard when i noticed that a car had pulled up in front of my neighbors home. He stayed there for a good hour until all my friends left. As one group of my friends got into their car, this man turned his car on (also the whole time he had been there we was writing stuff down). Then, once they pulled all off of my street, he turned his car on and turned around and took a picture of the two cars in my driveway. After seeing him taking pictures and writing stuff down, I was a little freaked out. So then, I got in my car and followed him. He knew I was following him because he was going really fast. Then when we got to a big intersection, it was 5 lanes across, he cut all the way over from the far right lane to the far left lane so i couldn't cut over with him. After that, he wouldnt pull forward to where we would be parallel. There was at least a 3 car gap a. of him. I got a good look at him and wrote down his license plate, but since I'm in Texas, i can't look it up for free. The car was a beige Lincoln and the license plate was BN2 S722.

Today, after being a little freaked out, I asked around to see if anyone knew anything about undercover operations and what not. Sure enough, at least 6 people I asked said they had heard something about the DEA coming to my town to bust a bunch of people.

So ATS, this is what im asking. Who do you think this was? What are they doing spying on me and my friends?
Was it an undercover cop? or was it just a private detective?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kotch

Sounds like the undercovers I've dealt with in the past.
Usually for it to get to that point, the house in question has reasonable suspicion. Or if the house is in any breach of the law, and you've been covering your own hide, the other thing that comes to mind is one of your buddies could be a CI.

Someone get's busted for something small, they give you up, go in, help gather information.
Just don't break the law, and you should have no reason whatsoever to fear being watched.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kotch

Hello OP.
You must have a guy named like yourself in the city, and they're chckin on you just in case....

No, seriously, if something happened to me the way you described it, I'd ask myself " why am I under surveillance?" . I mean, you're probably not a convicted felon, but what bad thing (especially NOT drug-related) did you do to attract such heat on you? More, maybe this guy was watching one of your friends...and checked on you while in his car trying to figure out how you are related to each other.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MattMulder

Exactly what I was trying to get at, to have that attention, you'd have to be involved in, or have to ties to someone/something. OP did indeed bring the heat from the detail in his post.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Sorry guys, i was at the gym.
Ok yeah so it does sound like undercover cops/other government people to you guys?
There is nothing illegal in my house and i dont do anything illegal, this is another particularly scary thing to me. Why my house? I dont do/sell/buy drugs or anything like that. So why would they watch me? And maybe they were just after one of my friends. But if they werent, the only thing i could think of why they would be watching me is because i read ATS like every day(member since 07, dont post much tho) and look up other things that some people would call crazy.
It just doesnt make sense to me why they would be watching MY house. I remember the car exactly and have the plate memorized. Today when i was out driving i kept a keen eye out for anyone resembling that car.

Anyways, do you think they have the right to bust into my house? What could they possibly have?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdJohnAdams
reply to post by kotch

one of your buddies could be a CI.

whats a CI if you dont mind me asking?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kotch

CI = Confidential Informant

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Ah ok
Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences?
Do any of you know what other cars i should look out for?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Well if you can honestly claim that there is nothing illegal going on in your surrounding, then I wouldn't be too worried.
They could have been watching the drug dealers down the street for all you really know.
Just keep an eye out for cars that you don't recognize. Not the same old neighbors driving by if it makes sense. Don't be paranoid, I highly doubt they're watching you for the reasons you believe.

If you do see him, or another suspicious looking car call the cops and report it, see how they respond to the guy. Iunno, I can be mischievous so if he made repeat appearances I'd report him.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
or it could be a private investigator or something of that sort you really wana avoid this guy stay in well populated areas avoid being alone and look for cars out of the ordinary i have had the problem of being watched and i know how you feel but if you dont change your schedule for a while and then just one day at random change it he will know that you know hes watching you dont approach him and dont draw attention to yourself and he will go away soon trust me

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
ok guys thanks for the advice and insight, ill let you know if you i see this mf again

top topics

join