It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This title is catchy, therefore you are drawn in..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Hi guys and gals!

I had originally decided against starting an introduction thread because I hate writing about myself. I dunno, today seems different.

It would be strange of me to tell you about myself without first telling you how I happened upon the site, at least I see it that way.

My wife and I were married on the back end of 2005. Like a lot of newly married, young couples.. WE WERE BROKE!
We didn't have money to get all the luxuries of modern living, so we decided to not get in over our heads. TV.. we didn't need it (and I personally, have never really enjoyed it). We had a DVD player and a tv, so we were set with watching movies if we liked. We always bought from the used videos in the store instead of renting (which has made us a nice little collection of a variety of DVDs over the past 4 1/2 years). Prepaid cell phones.. no internet. This was our first 6-8 months.

I don't recommend this kind of living for all new couples, but it worked out to our advantage. We played board games and card games a lot.. read a lot.. and above all things.. we talked a lot. We had gotten married about 2 months after meeting (no, no babies), so this was a great time for us to really get to know each other. We listened to A LOT of AM radio. And thus was my/our introduction to Coast to Coast.

Our first night of listening to Coast was sometime Halloween of 05, and they were talking about demonology I believe and dark haunting. I will note here that if the subject would have been one of the really far out space/science (bore to me, sorry) shows.. we probably wouldn't have tuned back in again. It was enough to gain our interest, and we were back for more a few times a week.

At some point in that first month or so.. a guest or George.. maybe even a caller mentioned ATS, so I wrote it down. (Remember, we didn't have internet at the time) We made frequent visits to internet cafes to check email and surf a few times a week at least. I checked out the site. By then, it could have been around January 2006 or so. I can't add here that I was hooked like so many people mentioned. For me it was a gradual step into the alternative.

As you can see, it has taken me something like 4 years to join. I can assure you, I haven't been stalking that whole time. All in all, I'm glad I finally took the time to join. There are a lot of great posts here, and I'm glad that I can now be a part of that.

Thanks to all of the members that have made my visits here over the years enjoyable. Thanks to the owners and all of the staff that work hard to keep ATS a great (the best!!) site for alternative media and discussion.

Now.. an update on me and the story I first started with..

We still don't have cable!
Although now it is our choice. We own about 500 DVDs and a room full of books and music. This is our entertainment.

I'm not at a local cafe, but in my very own office our home. We don't own a home yet, but are renting something much better now, as we don't know where our jobs will take us in the future.

Still no children, but we have two wonderful dogs that keep us busy.

The point of all this is.. we took our time. We have enjoyed what life has to offer, as we continue to. We didn't rush into things, rather we let things rush into us. You don't need all of that extra fluff out there.. just good people, good communication and the tools to help you learn more.

Thank you all again for the great threads you share with me daily now.

I am now ADDICTED.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I love the underlying honesty of your intro post , and yes, it's true many of us should and could learn to survive without all the 'fluff' !

Your intro thread title is a hoot too, some irony perhaps ? But knowing the psychometric skills of many on this site they may see it as a double bluff!

Welcome, and keep enjoying !

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Hi, Broahes, and welcome

You've kicked off to a good start with that brilliant introductory post

Look forward to reading more of your thoughts and ideas soon

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by broahes

NO THIS TITLE IS CATCHY!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e74c265ddd73.jpg[/atsimg]

Welcome to ATS, nice intro thread, hope you enjoy your visits.

Sorry, couldn't resist the Spartacus joke.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Wow, your sincerity and humility is humbling.

Nice to see you have such a balanced perspective.

In the parlance of Eckhart Tolle:"We buy things to find ourselves but end up getting lost in them." Something to that effect I think.

I already feel like I've known you forever. All the best.

Sincerely...kk

[edit on 21-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by slidingdoor

Thank you for your kind words, and I'm sure I will continue to enjoy.. in complete balance with everything else that I enjoy.

reply to post by Dock9

I look forward to seeing what you have to offer in the journey too. Thank you for the warm welcome.

reply to post by jokei

I love to laugh, thanks for that one.

reply to post by kinda kurious

I tend to feel the same way about a lot of people that are regulars here.. that I've known them forever. Who knows.. maybe I have. Thank you for the welcome and I look forward in sharing in the journey with you.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Touché
You got me

Great title...haha

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

haha, glad it caught your eye.

I noticed you recently joined too.. so how long were you actually around prior to officially registering? Anyway, welcome to ATS from me, I hope you are enjoying and continue to enjoy.

new topics

top topics

join