It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Mystery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Creationism vs.Atheism, Creationism vs.Evolution, Christianity vs Paganism. We see these contests here on these boards time and time again. The proponants on each side seem determined to the bitter end to prove their view, is the one truth for all mankind. I myself have been engrossed by a number of these debates. Mostly I try not to get involved unless there is something that has been said that was only intended to insult or belittle.

This is what I' ve come to notice about all these contests.

Every single one of them lead nowhere.
Is there any reason I have to go over what transpires with in these debates? A whole lot of debachery solving absolutely nothing. Niether side ever gives an inch .Nothing is ever proven. Sometimes people come away gaining some knowledge, but that seems rare considering the many spiels. How humorous would it be if both sides walked away from one of these exchanges. Only to do a total flip flop. Both of them becoming totally convinced by the
others arguement. Then they could start all over again with their new perspectives. Not gonna happen.

I know most of us will not get involved in these kind of debates. I just have to ask everyone though dosn't this seem odd that nothing can be proven in either encampment. The Christians can't just rub a magic lamp and produce their God. They have it rough even proving Christ existed at all. The Atheist intellectuals laugh at creationists for believing in some invisible sky man, that does magic to create everything out of nothing. Of course their to busy being smart to stop and think about it. They believe in the same freaken magic, just that this magic show has no magician. I mean it's like some guy standing up in the middle of a magic show and saying," The show would be way better without the Magician." Well no, it wouldn't !

The Agnostics they seem to like the fence. One day they'll find out it's an electric fence. Then the spot they come down on won't be their choice.

The Evolutionists are no more believable than anyone else . They like to boast about proof but I still havn't seen any. They aren't more unbelievable either.

The Pagans and Wicca couldn't stand having to make a decision. They just said screw it worship everything and dance naked in the moonlite. Can't hardly blame em.

Satanists, I think it's safe to say this belief system is reserved for those of a rebellious nature. Their the ones that are always thinking, their cool to be doing what there doing.While everyone else is saying," no it isn't " because of the people who are doing it.

So for now I guess mankind is destined to wonder, without truly knowing where he comes from, or where he is going. No matter what anyone believes, we all have to admit to not knowing enough about ourselves, to believe anything.

I've been thinking outside the box lately. Something is coming in 2012. I think it will only be whatever it takes to change this. After 2012 The Great Mystery will be solved and mankinds feet will walk the earth with new definition. A confidence that comes from knowing without any doubt who he really is and why he is here. He will know what is achievable. What ever it is that's coming, I bet this is why it is coming. Because this," not knowing" must change. The time of the
Gentiles is over. I think people are going to be excited at times during the countdown to 2012. No matter what you believe no matter how you think. There will be excitement in the anticipation for everyone with a pulse.

Maybe you have your own ideas. Love to hear em. Maybe this sounds good to you, talk to me ATS!

One thing I think we all agree on. Exciting times lay just ahead.

Travel well people.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I truly hope so. Personally, I feel like I'm supposed to be a part of something more. I think it will be something important, though I fear it may be something violent. I often have dreams about a global catastrophe or war. In the dreams I am usually leading people out of a dangerous area or situation. Hopefully 2012 will be more of an enlightenment and not judgement and carnage. Peace!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
the great mystery is that there they're all connected in some way or the other just different gods and language to confuse us from reAching our true spiritual nature!
the tower of babel says it all! they are all man made religions to try an explain the one truth....take a look at my signature.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by BroketheWall]

[edit on 21-4-2010 by BroketheWall]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You left out the Indigos and Galactic Federation crowd and more pertinently the 2012 crowd - just saying.

Myself, I'd say I'm an atheist (with a small A) and whilst I agree with most of what you've said in your OP, some of the descriptions of certain factions were glib caricatures.

I'd say the atheist one was quite accurate though, we never (in our lifetime) be absolutely certain and proven on many things one way or another, sometimes we forget that.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Religious debates are usually quite fruitless. It's easier to say "maybe" and that you're an agnostic, it's not really useful to fight over something that we cannot simply know.

However, i can't accept things that I know for a fact are not true, like taking the Bible word by word. These ideas are (to me) just so absurd and so unscientific that I can't take them seriously. I won't hide my stance on that. I can however avoid going into personal insults.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

However, i can't accept things that I know for a fact are not true, like taking the Bible word by word. These ideas are (to me) just so absurd and so unscientific that I can't take them seriously. I won't hide my stance on that. I can however avoid going into personal insults.

Bravo tryp. Truely I believe what you say here about insults carries more weight than you know.

Jokei

You left out the Indigos and Galactic Federation crowd and more pertinently the 2012 crowd - just saying

I'm sure I forgot way more than just those.

Lambs to lions

Hopefully 2012 will be more of an enlightenment and not judgement and carnage. Peace!

You did notice I made no claim to what it would be that achieved these results right?

[edit on 21-4-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

no reply to me??

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BroketheWall

I was making a special one just for you.
I was busy with a u2u so that's why the delay.

we are the expression of GOD sent here to rediscover his glory!

A perfect fit I would say.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
well there is mystery no doubtand the cyber war between christians and athiests will rage for a long time
and like you pointed out its not just between christians and atheists, there are many cyber wars on religion, i myself am part of the united athiest alliance, no wait is it the united athiest union?(lol south park reference)

but what it seems is that christians are the focus of these wars, either they are being attacked or ae going out of their way to attack the other "cyber armies" i like metaphors their fun. why is it the christians of all things that get this much focus? i dont know a religious guy would say because they speak the truth or simething to that effect , an athiest would say they have an inflated ego or something to that effect

there are two sides to every coin though and maybe some how all the sides are right in some respect, i doubt it though being a skeptical athiest

as for 2012 i think nothing is coming, but if there is then it wont be good, nostradomus said something like "people will cry out for milk and bread and cheese" i ant see anything good about that quatrain
but doesnt 2012 sound just like Y2K? it does to me, if anything the hype of 2012 will cause riots in the streets, massive cult suicides (poison koolaid anyone? lol) and a ton of looting, but thats all i see in store, the riots will eventually becalmed the suicides will be buried, and the looters will be caught or have a ton of cool new stuff in their living room, and life will continue on as it had before, but perhaps well learn a valuenle lesson not to take prophecies so seriously, but then again we probably wont after 2012 people will be ranting about 2021 or Y3K or wormwood or something
i guess the fact of the matter is people love to be scared and scare others

sorry for the long rant i usualy just type the first thing that comes to my mind

favorable statistical outcomes for everyone!!

[edit on 21-4-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I've looked at most, if not all of the theories surrounding 2012 and it does fascinate me. (not that i believe most of them!)

We hear more and more about collective consciousness these days and I would like to think that this does exist, therefore if we all believe something amazing will change us around this time, then it surely will.

The only problem is that vast amounts of fearmongering has now been put out there and many people are thinking the worst.

Do TPTB know this and are they contributing to the negativity?

G.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Well, if you look into the whole 2012-thing, the Mayans (on whose calendar started the whole timewave zero-thing) themselves consider the shift just as an end of an age, not the "apocalypse".

Everything that's happening now is connected. When people are loved, they can become lovers themselves, and it will grow exponentially. Needles to say, some parties oppose this, because they want to control and confuse, and this progress will open peoples eyes.

It's all very exciting.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

sorry for the long rant i usualy just type the first thing that comes to my mind
reply to post by ashanu90

Absolutly no restrictions on ranting.
I do see a big difference between 2012 and Y2K. 2012 is prophecy.
On more than one front.
I'm pretty sure Y2K was someones theory turned wildfire rumor as i
remember it.

Grantbeed

Do TPTB know this and are they contributing to the negativity?

Man, I'm sure there's a large number of afirmation to that question.

Everything that's happening now is connected. When people are loved, they can become lovers themselves, and it will grow exponentially. Needles to say, some parties oppose this, because they want to control and confuse, and this progress will open peoples eyes.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

We hear more and more about collective consciousness these days and I would like to think that this does exist, therefore if we all believe something amazing will change us around this time, then it surely will.

I see this as something that can change and should change. Man should
know all the things about himself that seem to be missing from his collective. Then all those who have said it is going to be another step
in mans evolution in a way would also be correct.

I agree. Exciting is the word.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

still waitin on that special reply....

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

still waitin on that special reply....

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
For the life of me I just don't get atheism. I can't wrap my heart mind or even brain around the concept. Believing in at least a prime Creator is the only possible logical solution. Knowing that there is something greater than myself of which I am a part but not privy to the power or understanding of the whole has always been part of me. I can no more disown it than I could my racial background, sure I could deny my truth but what would be the point.

Accepting and loving yourself for who you are without regard as to how it will be 'seen' is true courage.

It seems the whole point of this mess is to act with courage in a genuine manner. When doing this, even if you're wrong reality prostrates at your feet.

This is the basis of active creation which the TPTB have known for centuries, using fear and distraction to make us impotent.

I believe 2012 or thereabouts is the time when a conciousness shift will come about, when the power of fear will greatly diminish and we as humanity will step from beneath the shadow. A time where anything you can conceptualize you can actualize without the inbetween steps. That is why the TPTB are trying everything to stop it. That is why the earth is changing as the pressure builds.....release is inevitable.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BroketheWall

the great mystery is that there they're all connected in some way or the other just different gods and language to confuse us from reAching our true spiritual nature!

Ok you've waited long enough.
Actually what I meant by " The Great Mystery", is what lies on the other
side of our earthly demise. Death = The Geat Mystery.

I first heard death referenced this way by a Native American Indian.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by randyvs]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Accepting and loving yourself for who you are without regard as to how it will be 'seen' is true courage.
reply to post by ISHAMAGI

This is truly an honorable addition to this thread.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Ok you've waited long enough.
Actually what I meant by " The Great Mystery", is what lies on the other
side of our earthly demise. Death = The Geat Mystery.

I first heard death referenced this way by a Native American Indian.

Our corporeal "demise" is simply our emergence from this 2nd placenta that we moved to when we were "born" into this stage of gestation. In the 1st stage, we developed and gathered our brains (and the survival support systems) together, and at this moment, our brains are generating the physical essence of what we are. When our full selves are completed (the brain dies), then we allow the corporeal mass to drop free and we move ahead as the life form that we actually are.

Nothing comes from nowhere, and even Intellect has a physical source. The corporeal brain is the generational source of Intellect, and as intellectual beings, we have a multi-stage gestation process. Not everything does, but each has its purpose for existence that is relative to the whole. Employing the corporeal form as a 2nd stage gestation is done by all Intellect-centric beings, and yet most corporeal beings exist as completed expressions of physical existence. It's just the nature of existence that redundancy is seen throughout the structure, in use as it supports all the various forms of life.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I'm lead to believe lately that our solar system is binary
www.binaryresearchinstitute.org...
I think that this info was destroyed during the ages, since 24,000 years is a long time

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join