It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 12 missing after blast on oil rig in Gulf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

At least 12 missing after blast on oil rig in Gulf

www.cnn.com

At least 12 people were missing and seven were critically injured after an explosion on an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico, the U.S. Coast Guard said Wednesday.

The explosion happened about 10 p.m. CT (11 p.m. ET) Tuesday on a rig named the Deepwater Horizon. It was about 52 miles southeast of Venice, Louisiana, said Coast Guard Senior Chief Petty Officer Mike O'Berry.

The rig was still ablaze at midday Wednesday, the Coast Guard said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
That's really unfortunate. I certainly hope they find those missing people alive and well.

Although somehow I doubt it.

There's not much room to run on an oil rig.

This also has the potential to create a spill in the Gulf, which I also hope does not happen.

These things pump a lot of oil and if it's ablaze and leaking, I don't think there's a way to solve the problem until the fire is put out.

Thoughts?

~Keeper

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
does anybody besides myself see this as
an extortion act by Mossad to force Obama
to act against Iran ?????

Does the USS Liberty come to mind when
you read this???

It should ... both acts occurred on water.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

you read this???

The article doesn't state any foul play as far as I read.

I would doubt that Mossad would choose a private corporation to target, I would think they would have gone after government interests or public ones to make an effect.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Here is a short RT video on it .

April 21, 2010 — At least 11 people are missing after an explosion on an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico. The U.S. coast guard says more than 120 workers have been evacuated from the platform. At least seven suffered serious injuries and were airlifted to hospital. It's still unclear what caused the blast.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
My heart goes out to the families and friends of the victims.

For a number of years I worked onshore constructing oil modules for use around the world and got to know many friends who did and continue to work offshore.

A few were on Piper Alpha...a couple didn't make it back.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Great video Chem, thanks for the info.

It's really a volatile situation when one of these comes up. Do they just let them burn or can they actively put it out?

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I'm from the NOLA area here is a link to a local news station WWLTV

www.wwltv.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Thats bad logic.

Did Mossad cause the Gulf of Tonkin too? How about the Lusitania or the Maine? Maybe they hit the Cole? What about Pearl Habor? Did they blow up the South Korean ship that went down recently?

What I can't believe is no one has mentioned the Mexican Cartels. They attacked a US consulate with hand grenades just recently. They have submarines to transport drugs, but you can do other things with subs than just transport drugs.

I would be more inclined to believe that Los Zetas hit the rig to try to draw the US into the narcoguerilla war in Mexico. The Zetas are now facing an alliance of Mexico's two most powerful cartels. The Zetas were orginally mercs who worked for them, but grew too powerful and were far more ruthless than the cartels. In effect, the Zetas became a cartel. If they could draw the US into Mexico, it will give the Zetas time to regroup and likely cause US strikes on the other cartels.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

you read this???

actually 9/11 is the first thing that came to mind.

"huh, an oil rig, which i know isn't as architecturally complex or enclosed as a building, minus the fact that it didn't take a plane hit (however, it did suffer a huge explosion), which again, it isn't designed to do, and is a lot more sparse in terms of one of the twin towers, or any building for that matter (which would have contained the heat even more so), being much more open, was a complete f****** raging inferno for over 24 straight hours before it finally sunk into the ocean. the volume alone dwarfs any amount of jet fuel that could have possibly been carried by both planes, even if the planes were completely filled with fuel, except for the cockpit."

weird

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Sometimes things are just what they appear to be.

In this case a tragic accident, there is no evidence whatsoever to suggest anything other.

And what would the purpose be?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Coast Guard: New Oil Leak In Gulf Of Mexico
5,000 Barrels A Day Leaking From Blown-Out Well
BRETT MARTEL, Associated Press Writers

POSTED: Wednesday, April 28, 2010
UPDATED: 11:01 pm EDT April 28, 2010

NEW ORLEANS -- The Coast Guard says a new leak has been found at the site where an oil platform exploded and sank in the Gulf of Mexico.

Rear Adm. Mary Landry says that 5,000 barrels a day is now estimated to be leaking. Officials had been saying for days that it was 1,000 barrels a day.

She also says the Secretary of Homeland Security has briefed the president on this new information. She says the government has offered to have the Department of Defense help contain the spill.

Rear Admiral Mary Landry says National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration experts upgraded the figure based on aerial surveys, study of the trajectory of the oil slick and other factors.

Officials say the leading edge of the oil was nearing the Louisiana coast.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- The Coast Guard says a new leak has been found at the site where a oil platform exploded and sank off in the Gulf of Mexico.

Link

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Aquarius1]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I think this whole thing is suspicious.

Maybe some sabotage to have an excuse for when they increase oil prices again?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

oh, lol, no, i didn't mean false flag. i just couldn't help but think about the twin towers falling into their own footprint at free-fall speed after having some planes, and "no explosions" and a little jet fuel completely erase and turn them into dust and molten steel in a few hours.

i didn't mean to imply this was a false flag op, and i certainly didn't mean to derail from the reality and tragedy of it.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I see this as an act to stop further drilling for oil in Gulf of Mexico. Another way to give ammunition to Liberal/Progressives who I believe to have staged this event so no more drilling can be done on their watch.

new topics

top topics

join