It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you erraticated tobacco,marijuana,coca plant and poppy plant how would the world be?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
if you erraticated tobacco,marijuana,coca plant and poppy plants from existance how would the world be? Better or worse no difference?

[edit on 21-4-2010 by John_Rodger_Cornman]

[edit on 21-4-2010 by John_Rodger_Cornman]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

LOL! this is the plan with some weather changes here magnetic changes there these plants wont grow like the lotus.... THe world would become a better place dont forget liqure and prescription drugs also.

[edit on 4/21/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Despite my better judgement I think it would be quite a boring place to live.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
If all of these things were eliminated, or they weren't invented in the
first place, humankind would look to other things to get high on, abuse
their bodies with, alter the mind with and to feel good.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
We'd all be buying glue.

Personally I could live without the poppies though.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It's not the plants that are the problem. Heh.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I would not miss any of the plants except cocoa. You don't want to know me if I can't get my chocolate fix!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The world's stress levels would go off the chart!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I say the world would be feeling more pain and be more agitated(until the nicotine addiction withdrawal went away).
Second line.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
There are probably thousands of plants on Earth capable of altering your mind. If all of them were eliminated, some entrepreneur would create artificial chemicals to do the job, so it would lower the drug problem, but wouldn't eliminate it.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Those plants are a part of the the Earth, part of the food chain...

Animals that live on it and eat will die. Their predators will die.
This effect will clime up the food chain... Making the Earth a bit more desolate.

Eventually people will starve to death and they wish they did not eradicate those plants.
Ironically those plants cause people to die and that means more food for those struck by famine.

Sadly enough. The thought of eradicating a life form just because some people get a pain in the ass from the users. Well... it's rather selfish.

We are not God. Hell... we aren't even capable of controlling ones self. Let alone controlling someone else, because you feel it's the right thing to do.

Don't be a fool. eradicating anything is out of the question.

Sorry about that. No offense.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Remove the cocoa plant from that list...then I'll say the world would be a better place. You take that cocoa plant away from me, and you'll be meeting b!tchzilla.

Thanks,
Ventessa

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It's not the plants, it's the lack of self control some people show. Personally I think weed is more of a gift than a curse, but it's bad publicity travels faster than it's good thanks to a corrupt government.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Damn, guess I'll have to go back to huffing gas.

I agree with endtmimer. Humans will always seek out a way to "enlighten" themselves.

I stumbled upon a web site called erowid. I had no clue you could get high off nutmeg!? There is apparently a great deal of things to get your freak on with. Not that I advocate that of course.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Look at middle east, most if not all of those things are illegal there. Do they look happy to you?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Yeah nutmeg saved my sanity a few times.

Take tobacco and weed off the list and then I wouldn't personally even notice the others were gone.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
If magically all those plants you mention and their byproducts ceased to exist, we'd probably have WW3 in short order. Too many addicts in high places these days - imagine what would've happened in 1962 if smokes were suddenly removed from military rations - yikes!!

gj

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
As someone said before, you can keep the poppy but as for the rest, hell, we'd be much worse off and certainly a lot more boring and miserable!

From the moment mankind came out of the trees we have looked for 'enhancement' from other sources.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Do you mean you'd want to get rid of the poppy?

It's used for many pain medications that ill people rely on, it would be a shame to eliminate it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join