It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Illusion Of Time and Space and Quantum perception

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Noncompatible

Interesting statement, mainly because of its arrogance. If I'm reading correctly your right and everything else we know is wrong.

Perhaps a lesson in reading comprehension is in order.

Also please stop assuming that you know me. I do not believe in a god or gods, in fact blind belief is ignorance.

Again, you need a lesson in reading comprehension. No where in that post did I single you out specifically in anything you may believe or not believe.

I do however "believe" in the scientific method.

Your either a little liar or a hypocrite. Just a second ago you were calling me arrogant for describing the scientific method as "science doesn't stagnate".
You either didn't get the point I was making there, or you have a skewed view on what the scientific method is and how science works.

Just for your information time travel IS possible (to the future). Research GPS satellite time corrections and continue from there.

No, time travel IS NOT possible, nor do we "travel" into the future. You exist now, always just now. You never exist in the past and you never exist in the future. You don't, because you can't and you never will. Time is nothing more than a useful abstract concept to measure cycles and sequential events.

The GPS thing is fascinating when you truly apply that noodle we call a brain. I'll give you a moment to think about it, here is a hint: GRAVITY IS VARIABLE.

Incidentally the roots of membrane theory predate string theory, however it was not "popular" (politics plays its role even in science).

Regardless of high school popularity politics, it's still unfalsifiable and not scientific.

To dismiss everything out of hand IS silly, and most certainly does not "deny ignorance."

When did I dismiss everything out of hand? You have a very odd way of viewing things my friend. Someone says invisible things without evidence of existing, don't exist and that's construed as EVERYTHING? Whatever you want to call the thing the guy in the video was talking about still remains the same concept and if YOU'RE going to call it TRUTH, then by all means have a nice big pair to back up that truth.

To do anything less is to remain blindly ignorant.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
By your definition of unfalsifiable and unscientific, Einsteins work fitted into your category.

Incidentally, using said work. Time travel (as stated before..forwards) is possible and in fact necessary, to maintain the integrity of the physical laws.

On topic: The video "logic chops" to achieve its predetermined answer. I said this before.

You however "logic chop" to stay inside "what you know to be true." Neither are good ways to operate

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Noncompatible]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Noncompatible

By your definition of unfalsifiable and unscientific, Einsteins work fitted into your category.

Your right, it does and nor do I believe Einstein is right about everything, especially some of the works derived from his, also including the previous works that lead to his.

Incidentally, using said work. Time travel (as stated before..forwards) is possible and in fact necessary, to maintain the integrity of the physical laws.

Your confusing entropy with time travel, common mistake.

On topic: The video "logic chops" to achieve its predetermined answer. I said this before.

You however "logic chop" to stay inside "what you know to be true." Neither are good ways to operate

The video presupposes a magical invisible 'observer' which is the only thing that truly exists in reality. This presupposition is unscientific and unprovable. Philosophers have been going over this for thousands of years and no amount of twisting quantum mechanics is going to make it any more true or false. To blindly exclaim OMGOSH this is like soooo true because this is what I personally believe is neither going to make it any more true.

I'm not trying to stay inside some box of what I know to be true as I don't know a whole hell of a lot. What I do know is blindly exclaiming invisible thing's are true without having the balls to show these invisible thing's to be true is not scientific at all or true in the slightest.

Unless you still believe in Santa Clause?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Our senses are imperfect, therefore information gathered through them is imperfect, and consequently our knowledge is imperfect. In light of this, to say the soul absolutely does not exist is ignorance.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bargoose
Our senses are imperfect, therefore information gathered through them is imperfect, and consequently our knowledge is imperfect. In light of this, to say the soul absolutely does not exist is ignorance.

Then all parties are ignorant as there are those of us whom don't blindly believe in invisible things without proof and there are those who do. Yet I would hazard a guess that those who believe in blindness have obtain the highest degree of ignorance.

My opinions can change in light of evidence nor does demanding evidence make one ignorant. If your going to claim a soul exists, then you need to back up it's existence... Especially to yourself, or you will always be more ignorant than those who abstain from the snake oils.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Na, i don't need to prove anything to anyone. i've had proof for myself. That will do for me. As for anyone else who hasn't had proof one way or the other, i would suggest an open mind.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Na, i don't need to prove anything to anyone. i've had proof for myself. That will do for me. As for anyone else who hasn't had proof one way or the other, i would suggest an open mind.

I'm certainly open to whatever there is evidence of. You claim to have proof, but you fail to provide proof, as has been done for thousands of years in regards to deities and souls. You don't provide proof because you DON'T have proof, and that's the difference between you and I.

You call me ignorant whilst being ignorant in a higher degree of ignorance.

What's the old saying? Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I cannot provide proof for my personal experiences. It's not possible. The only person witness to them is me, which is all that is required to support my belief.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
very good video, I believe we live in a virtual world, but I dont know if we are computing, or if we live by computing

if we are computing, that would mean we dont exist

if we live by computing, we may be in a matrix world like, so we may have life after death or whatever ...

yes, is ignorance, but you cant say the contrary: that the soul definitely exists

so, the reality is that we dont know, each one of these theories can be true: soul or no soul

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Faiol]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I cannot provide proof for my personal experiences. It's not possible. The only person witness to them is me, which is all that is required to support my belief.

If you can't provide proof, then you can neither claim it to be truth or scientific. Your entire argument against me is null and void and was entirely pointless. Why carry out an argument against it if you knew well enough that proof could not be given?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Who said i was arguing against you sirnex? You argued against my original statement. At no time did i mention YOUR name. I simply made a statement, and that statement still holds true whatever way you slice it. I believe in a spiritual side to the universe, and enjoy discussing such matters with others that believe and don't take everything at face value.

Back to the topic anyway, i think it's interesting and worthy of consideration.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
I'm certainly open to whatever there is evidence of.

I hope you don't seriously believe that.

For example you just claimed magnetism was understood. "Understood" apparently means an incomplete understanding to you. Electronics and electricity are my major. Electricity is understood down to particles called "electrons." Magnetism is not even THAT understood. The most we know about it is that it is coupled with electrical forces albeit with a waveshape perpendicular to electric current, which we have known since the 1800s thanks to Maxwell.

Blinded By Science Three Words That Could Overthrow Physics: “What Is Magnetism?” ...

For one thing, as far as I can tell, nobody knows how a magnet can move a piece of metal without touching it. And for another—more astonishing still, perhaps—nobody seems to care.

discovermagazine.com...

Imo the reason "nobody seems to care" is because 99.9% of people are ignorant of the subject in the first place, or already assume our scientific understanding of electromagnetism is already complete.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

All I gotta say as far as proof for God/the Soul etc is this:

"for those who believe no proof is necessary. For those who don't(or can't) believe no proof is possible."

Obviously you believe and the proof is there for you. Lucky you. For those who need proof in order to believe, too bad for them, they'll never believe.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
wow...looks like i caused quite the debate....
if you believe in the soul or not,when it comes down to the microscopic level that makes up our existence you can see our energy source comes from somewhere outside our own universe!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join