It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Illusion Of Time and Space and Quantum perception

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Anyone who has an understanding of quantum time and space knows that the quarks and photons in matter cant be trapped as what we know as time and space at the same time.
In this well put together video It explains how we perceive time and space through the minds eye or what some people would call the souls eye or the third eye. It explains how what we really see is an illusion created by electrical impulses sent by the vessels of the soul or the body from other participants in this illusion. How we receive and emmit the electric impulses is a whole other question but i think its what i call the creative source of the universe or God..thats just my opinion though!
allow yourself to be enlightened...
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 21-4-2010 by BroketheWall]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Seriously, I want some of whatever they were smoking.
Pseudo-scientific claptrap crudely welded on top of Eastern philosophy.

I want my 20 minutes back.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noncompatible
Seriously, I want some of whatever they were smoking.
Pseudo-scientific claptrap crudely welded on top of Eastern philosophy.

I want my 20 minutes back.

Let me guess what side of the bed you woke up on this morning. I love Eastern philosophy. What's wrong with it? It isn't materialistic enough for you?

I want my 10 seconds back from unwittingly reading your post.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Noncompatible

i heard no psuedo science...what he says made perfect sense to me.
your to trapped into what you see then the actual science of the truth

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

It would appear your perception is very strong.. At no point did I say I had a problem with Eastern philosophy. (I don't, quite the opposite in fact).

Now go back and actually read my comment.

And Brokethewall, there was one point re iterated endlessly. It was flawed. My brain does not see, feel, touch,taste or smell. It interprets.

Hence the expressions "looks like, tastes like, smells like etc."
For each the interpretation is different, you no more effect my perception of reality, other than being a part of it, than I do yours.

As for being trapped. Hmm, nope my mind is open to many possibilities. Not however when they build their foundations on sand.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

well he said clearly anything you taste touch feel sends an electro magnetics impulse into your brain and only because it sends a signal to our brain is what tells us we are experiencing something called this world..this would explain how we see dreams at night...we choose the impulses we want and can make a many movie in are head!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BroketheWall

Indeed he did, and then went into the claptrap about it all being illusions created by other participants or vessels of the soul if you will.
I, you and everyone else are indeed more than the sum of our parts. However the mind (or soul or software if you will) is the key not the wetware.

I can write a program to enable an electric eye to pattern match and "remember" what it sees, it doesn't require a soul.

Never seen a computer play a hunch however or make an intuitive connection. I can "see" a castle in a cloud because I can interpret it that way.You may see a unicorn in the same cloud....

It's the spaces between the logical and the function where the mystery lies, not in the mechanics.

YMMV of course, as differing viewpoints are a component of the human condition.

Edit: I'd still like my 20 minutes back

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Noncompatible]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

what hes saying is how the vessel receives what we see and the impulses we send back out is what creates the illusion...the mystery is the illusion between us and what we perceive and to get to that we have to figure out where do the quarks and photons come from and how we receive it like you said...he said the same thing, something has to create the illusion we see like the program with the eye your talking about...we just dont know what that something is!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
any science nuts got an opinion on this?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by BroketheWall
any science nuts got an opinion on this?

Yea it's complete junk. They make claim if a soul without proving a soul and people blindly applaud it without proof of a soul.

Soul or GTFO!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

well you dont have to agree about that part but everything else they said was true...they just didnt know what caused us to see this world we calll reality so they say soul i agree with you on that but i do believe we have a soul...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by BroketheWall
reply to post by sirnex

well you dont have to agree about that part but everything else they said was true...they just didnt know what caused us to see this world we calll reality so they say soul i agree with you on that but i do believe we have a soul...

No, not everything said is true, especially not just solely based on your personal opinions of the material. You neither agree with me if you agree with the premise of a soul and it's role on the perception of reality as the clip implies without any evidence of the validity of such a blind belief.

What thing's like this love to do is sensationalize what the sciences have learned over the years. Like, our bodies are mostly vacuum. What they fail to explain to you however is how forces work. Atoms don't actually ever come in contact with each other except under extreme conditions, like in fusion reactions or particle accelerator collisions. Under normal conditions where forces have a chance to interact with each other, we sense these forces pushing against one another which our brain interpret into various sensations.

There is no scientific basis to assume a detached observer of reality that magically sends wondrous signals into a physical brain which these types of hypocrites call an illusion and doesn't really exist.

[EDIT TO CLARIFY]

Take two magnets with the pole repelling one another. Do you say the magnets don't exist because the forces don't allow them to touch? No, of course not. The magnets still exist regardless of the force involved leaving "mostly space" between them.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by sirnex]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

yes ive heard all about how atoms never come in contact with eachother in time and space combined...however what he's trying to explain is how we receive these atoms without time and space, which brings most scientist to believe in the string theory of parallel universes...he just says its the soul bu when all actuality it could be other things that we have yet even seen the tip of the iceberg. and another thing what gives magnetic energy its energy it has to come from somewhere else...
what he is right about is that we can experience anything in daily life in a dream, even magnetism.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

yes ive heard all about how atoms never come in contact with eachother in time and space combined...however what he's trying to explain is how we receive these atoms without time and space, which brings most scientist to believe in the string theory of parallel universes...he just says its the soul bu when all actuality it could be other things that we have yet even seen the tip of the iceberg.

Parallel universes are a science fiction novelty. The current consensus amongst scientists from what I've read at least, is that we can never travel into a parallel universe. This makes it unscientific and unfalsifiable, like dark matter.

and another thing what gives magnetic energy its energy it has to come from somewhere else...

Look it up, magnetism isn't some unknown thing to science and there are many websites that explain how it works.

what he is right about is that we can experience anything in daily life in a dream, even magnetism.

What he isn't telling you is that dreams are no where nearly as vivid as real life, nor can you do all things in dreams that you can do in real life and you can't do thing you can do in a dream in real life. You can't fly in real life, but you can in a dream. The dreams we have are not analogous to real life, they are just dreams only that the brain uses to process information that was received through out the day to commit to memory. If your curious about dreams, what they are and why we have them, there is quiet a bit of medical site out there that explain these thing's, including how to have a lucid dream.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Great Youtube footage. Confirms what I've learned from many years of Yoga and meditation.
It also goes to show that The Matrix movies were light years ahead of it's time. Check out this line:

"Morpheus, if real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain"

-Matrix, The

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
Look it up, magnetism isn't some unknown thing to science and there are many websites that explain how it works.

You are very misguided about this. We know things about electricity and magnetism, but there are still many things about magnetism in particular that we do NOT understand. There can be found no particle responsible for magnetism. It has been demonstrated in experiments to be generated spontaneously in the vacuum around an electrical current fitting Maxwell's equations. There are a lot of problems and all that exist to explain them are theories without proof. Sirnex, you are the king of pseudo-scientific arrogance. You must seriously think we already know everything. And by "we" I mean you.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

yes ive heard all about how atoms never come in contact with eachother in time and space combined...however what he's trying to explain is how we receive these atoms without time and space, which brings most scientist to believe in the string theory of parallel universes...he just says its the soul bu when all actuality it could be other things that we have yet even seen the tip of the iceberg.

Parallel universes are a science fiction novelty. The current consensus amongst scientists from what I've read at least, is that we can never travel into a parallel universe. This makes it unscientific and unfalsifiable, like dark matter.

Actually string theory is not actually "popular" with scientists currently. Take a look into membrane/m/'brane theory (however you want to tag it)

As for anything being unscientific or unfalsifiable sirnex. Well all I can say is the math works, we can choose to accept its validity or not but to call it unscientific is plain silly.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

You are very misguided about this. We know things about electricity and magnetism, but there are still many things about magnetism in particular that we do NOT understand. There can be found no particle responsible for magnetism.

Look it up, I just ran a quick google search and found three decent sites that explain it.

It has been demonstrated in experiments to be generated spontaneously in the vacuum around an electrical current fitting Maxwell's equations.

If you looked it up rather than telling me YOU don't get it, then you'd know why.

There are a lot of problems and all that exist to explain them are theories without proof. Sirnex, you are the king of pseudo-scientific arrogance. You must seriously think we already know everything. And by "we" I mean you.

I never claimed to know everything, nor do I pretend to know everything, nor do I even talk about EVERYTHING. Your ad hom is duly noted and filed away under ignorance, thanks. Pressing forward now... You exclaim you don't know how magnetism works, whilst not even bothering to look it up. Let us not forget that you also enjoy the works of a pseudo-scientist who claims he can activate and already active force with acupuncture and if this force were to ever not be active the universe wouldn't exist. So please kindly take your contradictory hypocrisy and put it back in the stink hole you got it from.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noncompatible

Actually string theory is not actually "popular" with scientists currently. Take a look into membrane/m/'brane theory (however you want to tag it)

As for anything being unscientific or unfalsifiable sirnex. Well all I can say is the math works, we can choose to accept its validity or not but to call it unscientific is plain silly.

Science doesn't stagnate my friend. What appears to work now will inevitably not work in the future. These 'mathematical proofs' were invented and added in to a dying theory to make that theory fit with observations that destroy that theory. There is no time travel nor alternate realities nor multiple universes required to explain anything. There is no God, there is no soul, there is no good or evil forces fighting over you.

Making up invisible things and calling it truth is about as unscientific as one can get. We can accept that or not, but we can't change the implications of what thing's may come from blind beliefs and I can name a lot of not so good things this planet has seen thanks to invisible things that don't exist.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Science doesn't stagnate my friend. What appears to work now will inevitably not work in the future. These 'mathematical proofs' were invented and added in to a dying theory to make that theory fit with observations that destroy that theory. There is no time travel nor alternate realities nor multiple universes required to explain anything. There is no God, there is no soul, there is no good or evil forces fighting over you.

Making up invisible things and calling it truth is about as unscientific as one can get. We can accept that or not, but we can't change the implications of what thing's may come from blind beliefs and I can name a lot of not so good things this planet has seen thanks to invisible things that don't exist.

Interesting statement, mainly because of its arrogance. If I'm reading correctly your right and everything else we know is wrong.
Also please stop assuming that you know me. I do not believe in a god or gods, in fact blind belief is ignorance.
I do however "believe" in the scientific method.
Just for your information time travel IS possible (to the future). Research GPS satellite time corrections and continue from there.
Incidentally the roots of membrane theory predate string theory, however it was not "popular" (politics plays its role even in science).

To dismiss everything out of hand IS silly, and most certainly does not "deny ignorance."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join