It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Owns a Heckler at Boxer Fundraiser

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I saw this yesterday and found it humorous. I thought you all might enjoy. It's doesn't matter if you like Obama or not, this is just great. Skip to approximately the 5:20 mark to see it.

I wonder what would have happened if the heckler has said yes?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Its funny, but I don't see how he "owned" the heckler. Its not as if the person who got invited up front would have gotten close enough to the President for any sort of confrontation.

Kind of reminds me of those guys in school who only fights where there are large groups. Most of the time 4 or 5 people will get in between and one guy will run off on the mouth knowing there wont be any sort of confrontation.

He then goes off with his buddies talking about how he owned the other guy.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Give me a break. He did not "own" anyone in this bit. What do you think would have happened if the person said that they did want to come up to the stage? The Secret Service would have removed him from the room and he/she would get arrested or at least detained for several hours.

This made Obama look like a fool. He is the President of the US and not some stand-up comic. That whole business had the statesmanship of a Carrot Top show.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Man does he got them hypnotized like a bunch of zombies...
We all know he supports dont ask dont tell.. he isnt transparent at all..the exact opposite of what he promised

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracle Man
Its funny, but I don't see how he "owned" the heckler. Its not as if the person who got invited up front would have gotten close enough to the President for any sort of confrontation.

Kind of reminds me of those guys in school who only fights where there are large groups. Most of the time 4 or 5 people will get in between and one guy will run off on the mouth knowing there wont be any sort of confrontation.

He then goes off with his buddies talking about how he owned the other guy.

Ok, so "owned" is up for interpretation. I see it as getting owned because the heckler certainly had something to say while safely hidden from the cameras in the crowd. Calling out the heckler and having the invite declined; well, I think that's owning someone.

Since the word "owned" has taken on a new meaning in recent years, here is a definition from www.urbandictionary.com:

Owned

To be made a fool of; To make a fool of; To confound or prove wrong; embarrasing someone: Being embarrased.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

That the definition I use also.

I still don't see how he/she was owned. All Obama did was ask if they wanted to come up.

Which was never going to happen.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Responding to a heckler, especially a gay one, does not produce "ownage" in any way. The fact that Obama responded at all tells me it was Obama that was owned.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Had this been at UT in Austin, that heckler may have gone to jail.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
What I find scary is the crowd's instant change into a roaring mob of "catch phrase chanting nut jobs".

Yes we can? Can what? Silence a heckler?

Ok...sounds like the kind of thing I would yell to drown out a single voice.

If my girlfriend starts complaining about something, me and a few hundred people just start chanting "yes we can" (like we have been brainwashed to do) and then magically my girlfriends complaint vanishes.

Amazing trick...try it anytime anyone starts voicing some sort of complaint. Do not address the complaint or anything...just get a mob to chant-

YES WE CAN

Over and over.

It works and it is totally American.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
What I find scary is the crowd's instant change into a roaring mob of "catch phrase chanting nut jobs".

Yes we can? Can what? Silence a heckler?

Ok...sounds like the kind of thing I would yell to drown out a single voice.

If my girlfriend starts complaining about something, me and a few hundred people just start chanting "yes we can" (like we have been brainwashed to do) and then magically my girlfriends complaint vanishes.

Amazing trick...try it anytime anyone starts voicing some sort of complaint. Do not address the complaint or anything...just get a mob to chant-

YES WE CAN

Over and over.

It works and it is totally American.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Mr Mask]

Whenever i called you the Brilliant Troll, this is why.

Absolutely outstanding observation.
I am going to use that on my kids...

"Dad, can we go to Disney Land this summer"

(500 questions later....)

"YES WE CAN!!!"

No, wait...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
if anybody got pwned it was bama.

!!111
it would have been alot better if the heckler teleported to the stage in a quarter of a second.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

Like in the movie Mr Deeds. You know the butler that could just be anywhere.

It would have been awesome if the guy was just INSTANTLY beside Obama.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

That was good. I watched it yesterday, too. I love how he handles uncomfortable situations. At least they're not arresting these people for being there.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
More typical american violence threatening rubbish. Americans have never even heard of passive males or something?

Thats why ron paul gets shafted by foxnews, as he is passive male, and they only want chuck norris, i am american violent hero types.

If i was that guy, i would of told him to blow up some babies in iraq or something, thats what americans do best.

Or do not get me started on how obama tried to hypnotise putin when he was talking with him in that first meeting, lol. Did you see how obama was trying to hypnotise putin, but putin knew the score and would not look at him, lol.

American presidents like blowing up babies in wars, just look at your obsession with abortion, to tell me its not true.

The funniest thing about obama, is that he tried to hypnotise putin in that meeting. Putin was having none of it, lol.

[edit on 4/24/2010 by andy1033]

top topics

join