It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insurance Companies Shifting Costs to Avoid Healthcare Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Health insurance companies are already starting to game a key element of health care reform months before it even takes effect, according to a new report from the Senate Commerce Committee.

As in past years, the largest for-profit health insurers are still spending a phenomenal chunk of each premium dollar not on health care but on administrative costs -- and profits. The report found that in the individual health care market, for example, the largest health insurers spent on average more than 26 cents out of every premium dollar on administrative costs and profits, with some spending as much as 32 cents. That's on average; some state-based subsidiaries spent considerably more.

Source(s): www.huffingtonpost.com...

Looks like insurance companies are beginning to show their true colors. If insurance companies continue on with these insane antics, I think most U.S. citizens will want a single payer system IMO.

PS: This news is about 5 days old, I just found out about it today. I couldn't find any similar threads in the search function. If there are other threads similar to this, mods please remove.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I distinctly remember watching a documentary this last week
that showed how this Obamacare came into being.

In that documentary, the Insurance Lobbyist point woman
promised Obama that the Ins. companies would NOT try
to find loopholes to get around the laws intent.

Well I think this is clearly pointed out to be a lie.

Obama haven't you learned yet???

U cannot regulate the same people u r
in bed with !!!!! U get Fu^#$d over every time!!!
And in this case, u take down the American
people with u.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Well I think this is clearly pointed out to be a lie.

That is not a surprise, but it is rather amusing- one liar telling the other liar a lie! Obama is just getting some of his own medicine. There is no honor among thieves.

join