It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain: Illegal immigrants intentionally cause car accidents

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

I have some actual direct personal experience that I would like to relate on this subject.

I used to drive taxi in Phoenix, and the company I worked for had the Medicaid contract, that is, we would provide cab transportation to and from doctor appointments for people who were (speaking simply) medically indigent, or sick and poor...

I would say every single week, I would happen to pick up two or three fares, who had been injured in car accidents with illegals who had no insurance and then the illegals cheaply fled back across the border, injured victim left in the US, no insurance company for them to sue to recoup medical expenses, body broken up, gotta go on Medicaid...

Seriously, I met very many, numerous persons whom this had happened to (I did tend to play the area around the county hospital, as a preferred fare-hunting region)...It was like a parade of misery, thank you open borders...If you yourself had seen these numerous unfortunate individuals, I bet it would have impressed you, too...

[edit on 21-4-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
i really hope mccain removes all hispanics from arizona. I want to see that. I want to see normal folk doing the crap jobs illegals only do then they have no reason to complain. They are a necessary evil.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
There is no crap evil job. A job is a job. You do a job to get paid and use your funds to live your life the way you want to, if you don't want to work then that is your prerogative.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

McCain is right. This has been going on for decades. I lived in LA 15 years ago and it was a problem then.

Here is the way it works:

The illegal has no insurance and thus due to the law, you as the insured driver pays for the damage to both vehicles as well as being on the hook for any medical costs.

The cities (LA at least) is a sanctuary city and the cops are forbidden to refer the illegal to the INS.

The illegal hits you (never from the rear). You get out of the car and he tells you that he has no insurance (none of them do) but he is calling the cops because the accident is your fault. He also tells you that if you give him a couple hundred dollars he'll be on his way. Now you are confronted with having the cops come, nothing being done to the illegal because there is nothing they can do to him. They can't arrest him because the accident was not reckless and he has no insurance and the cops can't arrest him for that and if they give him a ticket he is not about to pay it, so they do nothing. They write up the accident and your insurance goes up several hundred dollars/year.

You wind up giving the illegal a couple hundy. They will even follow you to the ATM to get the cash.

The other method is that there is an illegal and a legal person. The illegal causes a three way accident and takes off. You're stuck with his buddy and the same deal happens.

This has been going on forever

This is the truth. McCain ain't pscyho, this is what is happening. My dad told me they used to do this in Puerto Rico or some place like this. They would drive around looking for gringos and target them. It was a team of two beat up crappy cars, one would be in front of you and the other behind you. The one in front would stop short and make you either hit him or break and the guy behind would hit you. That's an easy way to cause an accident, they know you have insurance since you are renting a car and they get money out of it somehow.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Yes, if a job is so bad, it should cease to exist. I find this frelling argument SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wrong that it really pisses me off.

Sorry, the first job I ever had, outside my own family farm, I had to manually remove enough cow manure to access the manure spreader to fix the chains.

This was at 11 years old. Sorry folks, frell you and the piece of crap bull# you imagine you deserve. People will work when they want money. Maybe if you assholes would get rid of the welfare crap maybe people would actually DO SOMETHING to improve their lives or actually do SOMETHING!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmkxlives
reminds me of the story my mexican grandma told me when she was stranded on the side of the road with three little ones in Arizona back in the 50s. 'No blacks, no dogs, no mexicans' sign on every restaurant window. I thank god this racist never became president. There are bad apples everywhere but this is going too far.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by cmkxlives]

Grew up in Phoenix, Globe and Yuma in the 50's. You will need to show me those signs your Grandma told you about.
I don't remember seeing those signs and I would have.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

reminds me of the story my mexican grandma told me when she was stranded on the side of the road with three little ones in Arizona back in the 50s. 'No blacks, no dogs, no mexicans' sign on every restaurant window. I thank god this racist never became president. There are bad apples everywhere but this is going too far.

Grew up in Phoenix, Globe and Yuma in the 50's. You will need to show me those signs your Grandma told you about.

He can't, its a page out of Obama's speech writer whats that teleprompter's name. I think its teleprompter number 2, might have to check with white house on it, but its pretty much where one has to personalize the situation then come with the 1-2 punch.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
That may be "setting someone up"...but only if you are being a poor driver yourself...or unless they have some type of super brakes that cause their car to stop 100% faster than yours.

I have to step in here and point out a few things, because this thread is driving me crazy. It's insanely easy to cause an accident if you are trying to. Some people make a good living doing it, and if the victim isn't expecting it, they are going to succeed. These people are sometimes trained like stunt drivers and your average person is not going to avoid being in an accident with them.

I've worked in the insurance industry and had a lot of training about what red flags to look for to combat fraud.

There are breaks that can stop 50% faster than the brakes that come standard in American cars.

Yes, if you are a good driver and paying attention 100% of the time, you are less likely to get into an accident, BUT no one is a perfect driver. We count on other drivers to do our best to avoid accidents. There's no protection against intentional accidents.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

i really hope mccain removes all hispanics from arizona. I want to see that. I want to see normal folk doing the crap jobs illegals only do then they have no reason to complain. They are a necessary evil.

This has gotten so far off topic,,,, Sorry but I have to reply to this,,, what every this person is or thinks they are, Because they know nothing of working in Arizona.
My Grand Daughter who is 19yrs old can not get a job at any of the local fast food places,,,, Why? Hell,,, The whole family works there, Illegal? I don't know. But Mom, Dad. Daughters and Son's all work a shift or two.

So, how about the Hotel/Motel room cleaning jobs. Nope, they got the family there too. OK, OK, My good friend, she runs her own business, Yes, the house and office cleaning business,,,,, Well, she is going to have to close down, it seems the hispanics in that business is underbidding her on every job.
My grand daughter is going out to Tonopah to pick mellows again this years same as last year.
Am I proud of her ? Hell Yes! She has tried and tired to get work close to us. But a job is a job and she saves her money and goes back to college every year.

Sorry about the Rant!
It just upsets me to hear about the Poor Illegals and the jobs they do that we don't want to do. BULL *IT!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

Originally posted by guohua

He can't, its a page out of Obama's speech writer whats that teleprompter's name. I think its teleprompter number 2, might have to check with white house on it, but its pretty much where one has to personalize the situation then come with the 1-2 punch.

Your So Very Correct My Friend.

I hope my English and spelling is correct. My husband to check before I post.
And I want to say a thing or two about the illegals and accidents.
I had just gotten my D/Lic after I got my 2 year G/card and i was so Pride. I took my husband to Wal-Mart just 3 miles from home, my husband kept telling me to be careful of that beat up Chevy in the left lane. That *SS*OLE speed up pulled in front of me and slammed on their breaks.
OK, I did slide into their car at about 3 mph. I think before my car was fully stopped, Out jumps my husband, Now keep this in-mind, my husband is not a young man anymore,,, he slides over the hood of my car and yanks open the driver door of the Chevy, Out comes his gun and he tell me to call the Police. The blood drained from that mans face so fast, I thought he was going to pass out, the other guy got out and started yelling in Spanish and took off running.
No need to say this but, I did not get charged for an accident. The guy was illegal and looking for a quick payday. My husband was not about to pay anybody anything.

Sorry I wrote so long.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Yes, John McCain has to go. Time to get that DAMN RINO out of there.

Hmmmm, which McCain will show up tomorrow, the one that called for amnesty or the one that states the new Arizona Bill is a good one.

I was going to point out that to the board myself, but I guess someone else around here remembers th McCain/Kennedy amnesty bill from 4 years ago.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Here's one for ya:

Dragonsmusic: Insane John McCain intentionally caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands, possibly millions.

or

Dragonsmusic: Insaney McCain intentionally creates smoke screens

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
My wife and son were nearly killed by a car load on illegals. Illegal driver failed to yield at an intersection and t-boned my wife. Totaled my car and sent my family to the hospital. Everyone recovered.
Luckily the car they stole had insurance coverage. Minimum at the least but some nerveless. 12 illegals in a car with 5 seat belts. 4 children with two under 3 years.
Other car insurance wanted to play nasty but I got what my vehicle was worth out of them. By law the stolen car insurance covered medical bills. Did not bother with trying to collect lost wages...
Moral of my story is insure you vehicle. We all hate paying insurance but it might keep your stolen car from getting you sued.
As for the illegals... Never heard of them again...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

what you say is correct. Legal citizen hispanics despise the ones who are illegal. Here they call them "mojado's" ("wets", or "wet back").

My wife is hispanic, as are most of my cousins and several aunts and uncles. They aren't so cowardly as to buckle to cries of racism, because it is their own "race".

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

I still don't see what in this article is showing them intentionally causing accidents. Just because you run from the police isn't intentionally causing an accident.

Many personal injury lawyers in border states rely upon staged accidents, and many of the participants are illegals who use the attorneys' payments as a source of income.

Staged accident scams are well-known and well-documented (google it and you will see) and the sad truth is that the poorest and most disenfranchised members of society are frequently involved.

jw

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
That may be "setting someone up"...but only if you are being a poor driver yourself...or unless they have some type of super brakes that cause their car to stop 100% faster than yours.

Not necessarily. What happens is that the person setting up the accident drives in the adjacent lane, which is seemingly innocent. As they pass the "target" vehicle, the quickly change lanes and slam on the breaks; giving the target virtually zero time to react.

Another tactic that is used, and involves multiple defrauder vehicles, in which they "box in" their intended target; giving the target no escape/evade route from the impending "staged accident".

Another scheme is where ALL parties involved are in on the scheme; although, this is more common among legal citizens.

Most often these staged accidents involve a commercial vehicle, as they, almost without exception, carry high dollar policy limits.

There are so many variations on the scam set-up, that I can't list them all; however, those are the most commonly documented cases.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Here is some info on types of auto scams:

The scams

Swoop and Squat. A suspect vehicle suddenly swoops in front of you and jams on the brakes, causing a rear-end collision. Often the suspect car has passengers who pretend to have painful back or neck injuries, even though the collision was at low speed. The driver and passengers then make large collision and injury claims against your auto policy, for example.

Drive Down. You're trying to merge into traffic, and a dishonest driver slows down and waves you forward. He then crashes into your car, but denies waving you into traffic and blames the accident on you. Crooked drivers may also wave you out of a parking space with the same come-on.

Sideswipe. Be careful if you're driving in the inner lane of a dual left-turn lane at a busy intersection. Crooks will deliberately ram you if you drift into the outer lane while turning.

Shady Helpers. A stranger may approach you at the crash site, or telephone you soon afterward. Maybe you just had an honest accident, or it was all a setup. Regardless, this stranger tries to convince you to get repairs at a specific auto-body shop, seek treatment from a certain doctor or chiropractor, or visit a lawyer he knows who can help you sue for injuries. Be careful — it may be a setup: That body shop may try to illegally pad your repair bill. The doctor or chiropractor may give you shoddy or no treatment, but bill the auto insurer thousands of dollars. The lawyer may encourage you to sue the auto insurer for thousands of dollars even if you have only minor or no injuries.

SOURCE: www.insurancefraud.org...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This is racism at it's finest. Anyone who is intentionally causing an accident is only doing so for two purposes:

1. Assault
2. Insurance Fraud

I'm sure illegal immigrants have much better ways of assaulting people. Considering our government also blames them for the majority of illegal firearms.

I'm highly doubtful of illegal immigrants having insurance so.....

Someone is lying for whatever agenda.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by UncivilCivilian
I'm highly doubtful of illegal immigrants having insurance so.....

Someone is lying for whatever agenda.

They are staging accidents and collecting on OTHER PEOPLES liability insurance. Plus, if they are driving an insured vehicle belonging to legal citizen, then they can collect on that person's policy under PIP (Personal Injury Protection) coverage.

Agenda...I agree, as I stated previously, legal citizens partake in the same fraudulent activities.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join