It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain: Illegal immigrants intentionally cause car accidents

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

There is some truth to what you say. If I were in the business of "setting up" drivers, I would pick out the drivers that appear to be weak targets like drivers using cell phones or putting on makeup.

The examples I gave were not very sophisticated. There are perhaps more sophisticated ways of setting someone up that a reasonably cautious driver may not be able to avoid.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I worked in auto liability insurance for 5 years. Let me tell you, there is a lot of truth to this. Now, I don't like the generalization, as US citizens defraud the insurance industry via the same method. Having said that, it is a disproportional amount of illegals that practice this deception.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

ok, first incident you described? well, if the accident is your fault then you have to pay for it. how's that illegals fault you hit him? so. second one i agree though.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I'm just curious how you know they are illegal?

Do they admit this?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

haha. good! health insurance and car insurance been ripping us off forever its about time someone shows them the other end of the stick! i mean we paying for in case sh* happens to us. and then when nothing happens shouldnt we get our money back? id rather save a couple hundred a month then pay it to them, then ill have a fund to fix my car if needed. but im a good driver so no need for that. i dont use insurance they can suck it.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

Personally, I'd be more worried about McCain himself causing an accident with this hard turn to the right. And without even signaling....

[edit on 21-4-2010 by webpirate]

McCain has a habit of causing accidents. McCain's Mishaps in the cockpit

The only crash we ever hear about is the last one.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I think there needs to be a nationwide re-write
of the Car Insurance mandates.
(vehicle insurance reform)

Let insurers be compensated for THEIR losses
only and to heck with other folks losses.

Insurance premiums would go way down
and it would take away the catalyst for
these bogus ins schemes. As most real property
(home or business) damage is covered under
homeowners or business operating insurance.

If you drive without insurance and you get in
a wreck .... u get nothing and can't sue for
anything .... PERIOD !!!!!

[edit on 21-4-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

I'm just curious how you know they are illegal?

Do they admit this?

Well, we conducted background searches on people. There is a nationwide system called FACTS, that all insurance companies report to, that keeps track of every reported auto accident. It's a tool used to identify potential fraud by repeat offenders.

We sent a lot of suspicious claims to our internal investigation unit, and in many cases, they (the illegals) hired attorney's and openly admitted their illegal status.

The insurance industry keeps statistics on auto accidents and this is a category that is kept track of.

EDIT: just because someone is an illegal, that does not exempt them from recovery on tort cases. Many come across the border, intentionally stage accidents, get their payday and then go back home...only to come back and do it again.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It makes no sense for illegals to stage this type of accident. Unless they try to make you pay them on the spot. They would have to go to court. You really think illegals are gonna show up in court?

www.insurancefraud.org...
www.aarp.org...
www.nytimes.com...

I have listed multiple articles from different sources. These site medical professionals as well as organized crime who sets this all up. It just does not make sense that it is mostly illegals who do this. There may be a few who try, but I just can not see how this would pay off for them to be doing this to this extent.

I know this happens. I have seen it happen myself in my line of work.

A main point of this story is this type of thing can and does lead to racial profiling. And that has even happened here...on ATS. From what I have seen, it is more the LEGALS who do this, but seems it is all part of a much larger scheme.
People white, black, Hispanic, as well as from all socioeconomic groups are involved in this. McCain is using this and other things as part of a plan meant to prevent everyone who is in this country..whether legally or illegally the rights under the US Constitution.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by webpirate]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

No, you are wrong! If the accident is not proven to be either parties fault, they will be covered for having an accident involving an injury. DO YOU know that?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
A further proof these staged accidents are not what McCain was talking about here is more from the article:

McCain's Senate spokeswoman Brooke Buchanan told an Arizona newspaper that "McCain was talking about vehicles carrying illegal immigrants that are involved in dangerous, high-speed law-enforcement pursuits."

His own staff are saying he is talking about running from the police. NOT staged car crashes.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Some forget McCain was the Amnesty Candidate & even called other Senators "Racists" for not supporting his Amnesty Bill.
www.humanevents.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Well that is interesting...but the funny thing is that this bill wouldn't prevent this then. If they are coming across just to stage an accident...they don't really care if they are caught as an illegal.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Happens here too, only the people are not necessarily illegal though than can be. More likely to be sub-continent Asian.

And I live no where near Arizona.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Well that is interesting...but the funny thing is that this bill wouldn't prevent this then. If they are coming across just to stage an accident...they don't really care if they are caught as an illegal.

Right. I agree!

I only jumped into this thread to respond to the title of the thread. Yes, illegals intentionally cause accidents. So do Americans.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Yep, I too have seen this happen, sometimes causing a death...I have a lady friend back in Indiana, she was engaged to the nice guy, he ran a local construction company. He was coming home from a job, and was hit broadside by a car that had no insurance, with two illegals in the car who could not give a statement because neither could speak English. My friend's fiance was killed instantly, leaving two school age daughters. The town we lived in was taken over by illegal Mexicans, they all got new cars, because no credit history or bad credit, and would pull up to the local Welfare in brand new SUVs. The Welfare Dept was forced to hire a Spanish interpreter so they could process the papers. These illegals would stand in the grocery stores and cause a commotion, so the kids could then steal things un-observed. Several were caught doing this, but nothing happened to them. Not one thing happened to my lady friend's fiance's killers, the next day they fled back to Mexico. The town has multiple young women left with a half American, half Mexican kids who do not fit in at school. When they commit a crime and get arrested, their friend post bail, and away they go.

That being said, let me say I am not a racist, and I hate no one. I have nothing against anyone, from any country who wishes to immigrate in a legal manner, but understand here..
One million illegals a year is not immigration, friends, it is INVASION. I say send them back across the river at gun point.

Just a few months ago McCain was all about an immigration bill, an open ended one. Now he flips to the other polarity. Whether you like him or not, do not trust anyone who flips like that on such an important matter.

John McCain on Immigration

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
They may be causing accidents, but at least they now have healthcare.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reminds me of the story my mexican grandma told me when she was stranded on the side of the road with three little ones in Arizona back in the 50s. 'No blacks, no dogs, no mexicans' sign on every restaurant window. I thank god this racist never became president. There are bad apples everywhere but this is going too far.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by cmkxlives]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cmkxlives

Nice attempt at a racist separation dogma.

Sorry, will not work. I use to supervise from 100-300 men in California.

The legal immigrants of Mexicans despised the illegals just as everyone else does.

NOT GOING TO WORK.

THIS IS NOT A RACIST THING. It is a country thing. Sorry, show me ONE OTHER COUNTRY that allows ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

Will be waiting for a list of countries.

I am sure I will be waiting for a LONG ASS TIME.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
my mom and i were almost killed by an illegal drunk driver in the 90s. We flipped multiple times and lived to tell about it. I know first hand what happens. To label all illegals as malicious criminals is totally wrong.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by cmkxlives]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join