It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if we engineered a new race of humans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
What if we made a new race of humans? They are 7-12 feet tall,white hair, blue skin(bird pigment gene implanted into the human genome), black eyes(very high ammount of melanin) and black finger/toe nails. They produce MUCH higher ammounts of igf-1 and HGH over the length of thier lifespans. They are genetically enginneered to be VERY strong(can bend a few kilo's like nothing) immortal,(cell division limit is never triggered and stem cells are always active) and resist/regenerate tissue damage(mdofied genes from lizards and venus fly trap). They are grown in bulk, hundreds of millions in artificial wombs. They are made be breeders,slaves,soldiers,workers, experimentees,etc for humans.

We can just use them to better us...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Sounds good... Until we become their slaves. It would be of more benefit to stay at the top of the pecking order.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
All we would have to do is make sure that they are all genetically stupid, then they would never be able to imagine a life without their "masters".

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
ugh, why not just build robots. Actually developing sentient beings seems to run across some moral or ethical lines if your using them as slaves not to say we don't cross these lines all the time. Just seems more useful to make a computer that can only take commands.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
@Vicious Jones ... why not build robots who's interiors have geneticly modified living creatures within them ...

should we learn to say EXTERMINATE now, or just wait till its geneticly programed into us from birth..

this plan sounds like a plan from another guy in science fiction ...

[edit on 21-4-2010 by boaby_phet]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
... And they can look just like the guys in Avatar!

Methinks someone needs to lay off the dvds and go find some fresh air and sunshine. You can do it... just open the door and walk out......

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It's always an interesting thought but we are no where near mature enough to do it correctly. If we really were made a similar way then it wouldn't be playing "god" either.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
you might enjoy the book "oryx and crake" by margaret atwood.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Why make them blue and tall.

What if it's already being done but they look just like us?

Imagine that the children of the rich suddenly seem to get fewer diseases, seem smarter, look healthier.... But that is already happening.

Could it be that the children of the rich are already being helped by genetic engineering?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
... And they can look just like the guys in Avatar!

Methinks someone needs to lay off the dvds and go find some fresh air and sunshine. You can do it... just open the door and walk out......

Interesting enough I never saw that movie before but I heard its ok.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Sounds like you are talking about us again lol, and yes we loves the AVATAR MOVIE. BUT SLAVES (EVIL) lets not try to create without the main ingredient GOD.

Oh how I would love to see the ships *smiles*

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Sounds like you are talking about us again lol, and yes we loves the AVATAR MOVIE. BUT SLAVES (EVIL) lets not try to create without the main ingredient GOD.

Oh how I would love to see the ships *smiles*

No one talking about you. I was wondering we made another more advanced species of homo that was a new lifeform altogether. A biologic nanomachine symbiotic organism. Why stop with just humans we can engineer other animals to safe guard agianst extinction. We are so limited in our current state if we could only enhance our bodies we could possibly live on other planets with limited terrestrialization.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Why make them blue and tall.

What if it's already being done but they look just like us?

Imagine that the children of the rich suddenly seem to get fewer diseases, seem smarter, look healthier.... But that is already happening.

Could it be that the children of the rich are already being helped by genetic engineering?

Could be.. that's a really good point that I have never thought of. Interesting, and scary at the same time.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
so i guess they are already doiing this?

new topics

top topics

join