It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama may not be allowed to go to Arizona if this immigration bill passes.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by redmage

I was trying to use humor to address the Arizona Immigration bill. I doubt one could do something about Obama but one could try.

What is really ironic, if Obama tries to say something about this bill, I would love to be a reporter in that situation. Excuse me Mr President, why do you feel that people cannot be asked to verify the citizenship status, does it have anything to do with yours?

Gotta love the humor!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by redmage

I was trying to use humor to address the Arizona Immigration bill. I doubt one could do something about Obama but one could try.

Ahh, ok.

I guess this just falls under the "redundant laws to make it look like legislators are doing something" category.

I'd be nice if they'd just enforce the already existent immigration laws rather than wasting time, and AZ taxpayers' money with this 'fluff'.

[edit on 4/21/10 by redmage]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by redmage

Well, I think the main reasoning behind this move by Arizona has to do with the fact the State is getting bombarded with the problems of the illegal immigrants. The Feds are not enforcing their own laws. There are components in the bill that stipulate that the Feds can do nothing to infringe on the State for enforcing the very federal laws in regards to the federal statutes.

These states are getting in dire situations with the problems. It seems my State way up north here has problems with this.

It use to be that farm workers being illegal was only at 5% just a few years ago, now that number is at 45%. I like the FACT that people continue to say that they are not taking our jobs. These farm jobs were paying in the neighborhood of 10-20/hr. I find it HIGHLY unlikely that the pay scale is still at that level NOW.

This is getting ridiculous and what do people do, they bitch about a state trying to do something about it.

Frustrating.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Any Arizona Police Officers out there that are birthers?

I'm sure there are a few
and this is an interesting take on the issue that won't die...

But how are the police gonna get past Secret Service?

On a side note, maybe he won't travel to Arizona again, we shall see.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Always enjoy your threads, endisnighe.

But, don't you think that this bill will pass? The Immigration Reform Act.
They WANT a North American Union.
They WANT no borders.

That's the point of the reform act. These people want illegals to be legal.
Therefore tearing down the borders and hence, no one will be illegal.

It's all a plan to create the new Union.

(opinions)

Why have borders at all?

I'm pretty sure OutKast Searcher was doing a great job at sniffing through the concept that this bill could bring about, National ID. If even a state driver's license is insufficient for proof of citizenship, what's the next ID to come up? National ID.

The bill doesn't have to say anything about it to start heading towards that direction, it can spawn new ideas to combat the NATIONAL problem of illegal immigrants which can lead to a national ID.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
No sitting POTUS can be arrested by a police officer in a state. They can only be impeached, then and only then can they be arrested and tried under criminal law.

For someone who says they support the constitution, it seems that someone doesn't understand the constitution that well at all.

[edit on 4/22/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
he is a us citizen- he married michellewho is a us citizen. its his us birth people are contesting, not his citizenship

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

What document are you going to show as proof you are here legally if asked?

The constitution for the State of Arizona provides in its Declaration of Rights, Article II, Section 7:

7. Oaths and affirmations Section 7. The mode of administering an oath, or affirmation, shall be such as shall be most consistent with and binding upon the conscience of the person to whom such oath, or affirmation, may be administered.

www.azleg.state.az.us...

A simple verified oath by those being questioned is all that is required in Arizona, and no papers required, even with this current legislation, and indeed, that legislation may very well conflict with their own constitution. But, those who understand their rights need not comply with...at least according to that states own Declaration of Rights.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

this has nothing to do with a national id, this only effects Arizona's problem with people without reason to be in the state.

If you are from another country and do not have a valid identification you need to get one if you are able.Or leave to your home country.

Fortunately Arizona respects the rights to travel within the states so your other state license are acceptable.

He can show his birth certificate to the his employers,Just like when you or I are required to show identification to work for an employer.

Personally i like this legislation.Whoever crafted this law is a genius.It is so simple yet so powerful. How can you argue with showing your identification mr president if the people you represent have to show identification just to vote for you?

Texas you better step up your game,before Arizona pushes its illegal problem into your back yard.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
i know you don't have to register to buy a gun in AZ but do you have to show citizenship?
anyone??

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

On the ATF form 4473 it asks you "state of residence", and the clerk selling it to you is supposed to check your ID vs. that.

I can't keep up with the BATF or BATFE stuff, still the same ole' ATF to me

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TaxpayersUnleashed

What if I don't want to carry my state ID or DL??? What if I just want to go out for a jog with no ID...can I be detained because I can't prove who I am??? Isn't this a free country...now I MUST carry identification on me at all times???

For people who claim you love "freedom" and cry that Obama is taking all of yours away...you sure do hand it over very easily.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Now you bring in having to prove that I am a Citizen or am legally here.

Really easy on my part, I can show my long form or short form Birth Certificate or my DL or my SS card or even my record of Grade school, middle school, high school, college transcripts. That would be easy enough

Like I said before none of those actually prove your CURRENT legal status. You can show your BIRTH certificate all you want...that means you were legal at the time of your BIRTH....it doesn't mean you are legal TODAY. Same with DL or SS.

So show me how anyone is going to prove they are a CURRENT LEGAL CITIZEN??? I have no document that proves that. The only people that have proof of their CURRENT LEGAL STATUS are legal immigrants...US Citizens have nothing to prove that.

Hence...why if this continues there will be lawsuit after lawsuit for illegal detainment...Arizona will probably go broke over this...and then it will be decided that the only way to implement a law like this is to have a National ID that shows your CURRENT LEGAL STATUS.

And when that time comes...I'm sure you will all still welcome it with open arms as long as it gets rid of those pesky Mexicans.

So I'll give you another chance...which document do you have that shows your CURRENT LEGAL STATUS??? Which document says that between date x and date y that you are a legal citizen of the United States??? Don't try to dodge it...just answer the "frelling" question.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

A simple verified oath by those being questioned is all that is required in Arizona, and no papers required, even with this current legislation, and indeed, that legislation may very well conflict with their own constitution. But, those who understand their rights need not comply with...at least according to that states own Declaration of Rights.

And so this legislation will do nothing...because illegals can simply make an oath that they are legal...and then they are covered and the police can not detain them.

Is that correct?

So there will be a law, wasting taxpayer money, that has no enforcement behind it. The end result will just be lawsuits for illegal detaining...I really hope Arizona goes bankrupt over this stupid law.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

In an ideal world that would be correct, but how many people know their rights? How many people know there is more than just a federal Constitution protecting rights, and that there is a state one as equally important? In order to protect your rights, you must zealously and earnestly assert your rights. Eventually, assuming the Governor signs this Bill, someone will be harassed who knows their rights, and it will be the stupid police officer of Sheriff or Deputy Sheriff who will not know rights, and it will go to court, and then, assuming the judge can be trusted to know the law, that person will have any charges brought against him, dismissed.

Unfortunately, often times, it is better to loose in the first trial, so it may be appealed to a higher court. While a regular trial judge could strike down the law himself, it is unlikely this would happen and it would remain a long history of those who know their rights will have the case dismissed, and those who don't will suffer the consequences. Hardly equality under the law, but this is the problem with the ignorance of law, (never an excuse), in this country today.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Well, it looks like according to some here think that anyone from around the world should be allowed to come to America legally or not.

Hear that China? Send over millions of your people and takeover the country by illegal immigration.

Frelling idiots.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

reply to

post by OutKast Searcher

Just because SOME people have a problem with that,

SOME? I dont think 30% of the state population could constitute as SOME. I don't know who on earth will mind being possibly harassed on a day to day basis over their appearance. And you then argue that theres nothing wrong with authorities asking for ID. There would be nothing wrong with it, only they could do this to you day after day where you have to be prepared to present ID everywhere you go. It is unbelievable and all based on your appearence.

I mean what on basis will the authorities be able to to dictate the authenticity of a licence in anycase? What about out of state licences? Do you think and Arizonan state trooper or Arizonan office would be able to judge the authenticity of an Kentucky drivers licence? or birth certificate? The entire law is a waste along with being discriminatory.

I agree with you on some points endisnighe. I agree we should withdraw all our global bases, that we should bring atleast 10,000 troops from Afghanistan back to home soil to watch borders. I agree on strengthening the borders and found it a joke when Mexico complained about the possible wall extension. We NEED to protect our borders, illegals are costing this nation over $1 billion a year. But this bill does more damage than any good to solve the situation.

And by the way given what the president already presented, he'd be allowed through with no issues (in the scenario he was put in that position).

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Well, it has been over a year now that Arizona asked for troops for the border. Hmmmm? I wonder why the state has to request troops that they should have with the national guard.

OH that's right, the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT has FEDERALIZED THE NATIONAL GUARDS.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

What is the PROBLEM again?

Oh yeah, the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

EVERY PROBLEM can be traced back to the CONTROL by the FEDERAL government. Wars, the economy, illegal immigration, outrageous taxation, corruption in government and corruption in business.

What again is the PROBLEM? Centralized power controlled by the corrupt centralized power structure between mega business, banks and government.

Yeah, WHATEVER!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Southern Guardian

Well, it has been over a year now that Arizona asked for troops for the border.

The problems comes right back to Arizonan representitives themselves who have not made the proper requests. Arizonan and Texan residents have been asking for troops to the border far longer than just a year ago, the representitives claimed they had pushed to position troops there, but why, even during the times when Bush was in office and the Republicans held majority, did they not respond. Democrats have proven they are no more interested but it goes right back tot he representitives who 'claim' they have been lobbying but have been doing little to change anything.

Passing pointless, costly and discrimminatory bills like this will not change a damn thing either.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I already have documents that prove I am an American citizen, a Driver's license and Social Security Card. Plus I have a birth certificate, such as it is.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join