It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why doesn't the american media ever say anything positive about african looking people?

page: 2
3
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Get over it!!! I am so tired of black people thinking they are owed something when they have been given every opportunity lately!!! racial profiling does exist, I am not denying that but, the Op is asking why the news always has something bad to say about black people, well besides the fact the news only tells you what they want you to know anyway, it is obviously considered news worthy when you do something seriously wrong!!




posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman
 


You make fun of things you know nothing about.

Glenn Beck hasn't been on CNN in about 3 years. He is now on fox. CNN is the station that ran that stupid Black in America program during Obamas run for Presidency and then reran it 2 or three times.

As far as BET.

You complain about bad coverage and then you turn around and dump on the one station that your people have said was for you.

Go complain somewhere else. I'm tired of people who complain just to complain.



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by brooklyn87
Get over it!!! I am so tired of black people thinking they are owed something when they have been given every opportunity lately!!! racial profiling does exist, I am not denying that but, the Op is asking why the news always has something bad to say about black people, well besides the fact the news only tells you what they want you to know anyway, it is obviously considered news worthy when you do something seriously wrong!!


we are owed what? What are you talking about? i am not talking about a charity service just stop representing us as criminals and drug dealer like movies and television does ALL THE TIME.

I mean how would you like if everytime a european face is shown in movies or television they are subtle suggestion that they are pedaphiles,rapists or nazi's? That would piss you off. Now imagine if your children watched that crap for thier entire extistance. Your kid tells you " I wanna be a cool rapist when I grow up not a doctor" or "hitler kills people so it must be right to kill some random kid at school thats a jew". That would bother you would it? What if you had a daughter and they got pregant at 13 years old because they wanted to have sex like rappers/pimps/criminals do on tv(like BET). You'd be pissed would you?



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
When will people realize that they are responsible for themselves. Quit complaining and do something for yourself. Blacks are the ones responsible for holding themselves back. I don't care what color your skin is. You don't want to go to prison, don't commit crimes. Per capita blacks are overwhelmingly responsible for the most murders, and percentage wise, they mostly kill other blacks. Is this the white mans fault? Who's fault is it that many young blacks idolize poor role models. The hip/hop culture is riddled with negative ideals. There are good and bad people within all races and colors. Just look what Obama has accomplished. I didn't vote for him because of his views in the political arena, not because he is black. I have a lot of respect for him, as do millions of Americans obviously.



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
When will people realize that they are responsible for themselves. Quit complaining and do something for yourself. Blacks are the ones responsible for holding themselves back. I don't care what color your skin is. You don't want to go to prison, don't commit crimes. Per capita blacks are overwhelmingly responsible for the most murders, and percentage wise, they mostly kill other blacks. Is this the white mans fault? Who's fault is it that many young blacks idolize poor role models. The hip/hop culture is riddled with negative ideals. There are good and bad people within all races and colors. Just look what Obama has accomplished. I didn't vote for him because of his views in the political arena, not because he is black. I have a lot of respect for him, as do millions of Americans obviously.


I only have one misdomeanor trespassing on my record guess what still can't get hired. Presently I will be going to comunity college in june homeless because I lost my job. Losing the job was my fault but I looked for 2 years and I still can't find consistant work here. I never did drugs I never drank I never smoked. Doesn't matter. I had 2 other people(my mom and my brother) that are disabled when I became homeless so did they.
This is inasane.



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman
 


I'm not going to get dragged into a never-ending debate with somebody that was just issuing another "rant-thread".

You created this thread with zero facts or confirmed numbers. It isn't my job to do your work for you. You took my statements, and just plowed over them with more things that you are upset with.

When you start a thread like this, you should bring something to the table. Otherwise, you are just ranting.



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracle Man
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman
 


You make fun of things you know nothing about.

Glenn Beck hasn't been on CNN in about 3 years. He is now on fox. CNN is the station that ran that stupid Black in America program during Obamas run for Presidency and then reran it 2 or three times.

As far as BET.

You complain about bad coverage and then you turn around and dump on the one station that [b[your people have said was for you.

Go complain somewhere else. I'm tired of people who complain just to complain.


What people? oh you mean the ones that own the network? Viacom. Those people?



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman
 


Sorry about your current situation. I am going through some tough times as well. Personally, whenever anything in life has happened to me, I have chosen to take the responsiblity for it. We have choices in life, as well as consequences. The tough things that I had to go through were all brought on by decisions that I made. Through these decisions we all "choose" our lives, either directly or indirectly. Blaming everything on the color of your skin is not going to get you anywhere. I'm sure you have been discriminated against, as have many people. Dwelling on it gets you nowhere. Rise above it, work hard, and decide to be positive. I hope things get better for you, good luck.



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman
 


Sorry about your current situation. I am going through some tough times as well. Personally, whenever anything in life has happened to me, I have chosen to take the responsiblity for it. We have choices in life, as well as consequences. The tough things that I had to go through were all brought on by decisions that I made. Through these decisions we all "choose" our lives, either directly or indirectly. Blaming everything on the color of your skin is not going to get you anywhere. I'm sure you have been discriminated against, as have many people. Dwelling on it gets you nowhere. Rise above it, work hard, and decide to be positive. I hope things get better for you, good luck.


I don't think i am in this position because of my skin. its because I was from a poor family that was already struggling to make things happen and it didn't take much to loose everything we had. Wasn't much but wow!



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Where is the 'National Association for the Advancement of Caucasion People' when I need them ?

It is times like this that I feel so violated and let down .

Get over it OP . The race-card is becoming a monotonous dead-horse .

Thanks to the United get-up-off-my-ass-and-work-my-way-thru-College Fund , I made a better life for myself .

Maybe there's a program like that for you too ?

I don't owe you anything , not even sympathy . I could care less what color you are . You commit a crime against me or one of my family members , then you get what's coming .

And you better hope that it is option (A) : going to jail and court , instead of option (B) ...

Black people are their own worst enemy . They walk around calling each other 'my niggah' , yet scream to high-heaven if the word is used by a member of another race .

You don't see white people walking around calling each other 'my cracker' do you ? How many times you see mexicans calling each other 'my beaner' ?

Stop pissin' and moaning and do something positive to change the perception that other people have . You are stereotyping yourself into the same perception that you are complaining about by even posting a thread whining about 'poor little me I'm a black man and the world ain't fair '.

How does that help people take your thread seriously ?

There is no black or white when it comes to succeeding in life .

There is only 'want to ' or 'don't want to ' .



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
Where is the 'National Association for the Advancement of Caucasion People' when I need them ?

Where?... you or me? I don't know if they are generating job in ohio

It is times like this that I feel so violated and let down .

ok

Get over it OP . The race-card is becoming a monotonous dead-horse .

race card? What race card? Do you just say some buzzwords to get reaction out of people? What is a race card? Jack of clubs?

Thanks to the United get-up-off-my-ass-and-work-my-way-thru-College Fund , I made a better life for myself .
work were? There's no work here? hence I am homeless. Another useless slogan.

Maybe there's a program like that for you too ?

nahh There's no work. So theres no one to get off my ass to work for...

I don't owe you anything
Sure don't
not even sympathy .
Right agian
I could care less what color you are .
You sure?
You commit a crime against me or one of my family members , then you get what's coming.
I am not a criminal... Boo! So what happens if you commit a crime agianst me or my family? I'll just love ya to death! hahaha!

And you better hope that it is option (A) : going to jail and court , instead of option (B) Go to Disney World or 6 flags? Where? Golden coral's salad buffet? Hey will you pay my tab while we're there? You owe me that much right?

Black people are their own worst enemy.
Yeah you would know all about it. your a black man are ya

They walk around calling each other 'my niggah'
I never use that label. It doesn't apply to me. you see to many people use that word to control people on a emotional level. I won't allow others to manipulate my emotions.
yet scream to high-heaven if the word is used by a member of another race .
I laugh at them becuase racist people are funnah!

You don't see white people walking around calling each other 'my cracker' do you ?
Wh1T3 P3pl3Orz 4r3 73h d0oM$Z3r$
How many times you see mexicans calling each other 'my beaner' ?
m3+iC@nrz P3pl3Orz 4r3 73h d0[]M$Z3r$!!!!
Stop pissin' and moaning and do something positive to change the perception that other people have.
How? Please fill me in.

You are stereotyping yourself into the same perception that you are complaining about by even posting a thread whining about 'poor little me I'm a black man and the world (central ohio is the world? huh? what?) ain't fair '.
I thought the thread was about african being misrepresented by the media and movie studio? Did you even read the op at all?

How does that help people take your thread seriously ?
I don't know. Your responding to said thread so your taking me seriously. I think I am doing something right.
There is no black or white when it comes to succeeding in life .
I agree. There is only green.
There is only 'want to ' or 'don't want to ' .
Tell poor people in inner detriot that or say indonesia,haiti or albania. Man your blind. But its ok because its not your life.



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
Why doesn't the american media ever say anything positive about african looking people?



Have you not watched television lately? At least 50% of the major network commercials have black people in the main spots since Obama was elected. You're being represented you just dont see it.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by cmkxlives]



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Do you watch TV? just watch Mtv ,BET,fox news or CNN. Every time you see a african person on there is just Stereotype stereotype stereotype. But thats the point. TV IS(for the most part) negative. Why does everything in the media have to have conflict or delima?



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The sooner all of us stop giving a sh!t about this stuff, the sooner it will bugger off.

Divide and conquer. United we stand. Don't get drawn into a black and white thing. It will cause problems and make our struggle illegitimate.

One love. etc etc.



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
Do you watch TV? just watch Mtv ,BET,fox news or CNN. Every time you see a african person on there is just Stereotype stereotype stereotype. But thats the point. TV IS(for the most part) negative. Why does everything in the media have to have conflict or delima?



I know where youre coming from. Maybe I dont see it because I dont have cable anymore. I know for a fact the regular networks(abc, cbs, nbc) have been giving more than enough positive exposure to black people. Most of those cable channels you mentioned are for pure shock value and should not be taken too seriously. Regular TV and cable Tv are two different animals.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by cmkxlives]



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hey take it easy folks watch this video and see we all share things in common



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman
 


I was born into a family of six kids . We lived below the poverty level the whole time I was growing up .

I knew from an early age that I would never get ahead in life if I continued to do things the way my parents had . I knew that the only way I would ever go to college was if I myself , made it happen .

I left the house for work one morning , at the age of 17 , and I never looked back .

The only thing I had in the world was a $20 bill , the clothes on my back , and a fierce determination to never go back to that way of life .

Yes , it was a struggle . I slept on the side of the road many nights while hitch-hiking to I knew not where . I spotted a farmer digging post-holes while walking down the highway one day , I went over and talked him into letting me dig the holes for him .

He worked me all day , fed me lunch , and paid me two (2) dollars when we were finished . I thanked him and walked again until it got dark , sleeping amongst some trees .

To make a long story short , I know what it's like . I can relate to your plight .

But , nobody can change it but you . You just have to want it bad enough .

Good Luck to you .



posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
because you look so funny.



posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by UruFist
 


Very insightful post.

Just look at the commericals where the black person is shown as smart and sauvy and the white guy is dressed in diapers or made to look like a drooling retarded fool.

It's been open season on white males and obese people for over a decade now.

The media, you have to remember is owned by a very select few elite handful of people who own the now monopolized media.

This is physological warfare and one of the biggest conspiracies out there. The mass mind "conditioning" of every man, woman and child.

The shaping of opinions and "feelings" through mass propaganda via TV.

Hollywood produces and projects exactly what they are told to produce and it is through TV that billions of human's opinions are shaped in order to control and manipulate the masses.



new topics

top topics



 
3
<< 1   >>

log in

join