It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Aliens and What could Really be Happening

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mackblack27

thank you, i'll be looking for that

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by qbanthinker305

hey buddy this is the title to the thread
"Hitler, Ayrans, Summerians. How it all ties in."
It may sound far fetched to you i dont know but i found it a really facinating read let me know what you think , although its not mine I just like it

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

there are some who are here... not all of them are "out there". those who are here are in a much different place than those who are "out there" so things are not as clear. but "something" is getting very close.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Wow , did i ? i did change my stance quite abit and you took the time to point that out but not in a destructive way like most people who end up on my ignore list do e.g Jokie.

But i didnt realise i changed my stance soo much, how can i not know that. this now makes no sense to me.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

You didnt change your stance , you tactically modified your point of view to adapt to the surroundings .
bloody hell mate dont give up on me now , im with you every step of the way .

I see as well that were both commenting on this and the alien dabate , On there im not trying to debunk anyone by the way im just trying to be realistic so I hope Ive not made your ignore list lol.
keep the faith buddy

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I know! Isn't it disconcerting how that can happen? That's the nature of the cognitive dissonance process, though. It leads us to alter our beliefs and perceptions when confronted with new information or new ways of thinking, often without even realizing it. This has both benefits and drawbacks.

It's possible for cognitive dissonance to result in a more open-minded and supportable beliefs, but it's also possible for it to result in thorough self-delusion. For example, if you're in a romantic relationship with someone and it ends, being confronted with the ending of something you for so long believed was so important to you, can result in you convincing yourself that you never really loved the person at all. That makes it easier to cope emotionally with the situation being so radically altered from your previous expectations and emotional investments. Meanwhile, the reality is likely that you did love them, but reconciling the fact that you loved them with the seemingly contradictory fact that it ended painfully is, well, painful. And your mind doesn't "like" that, so to speak.

So it's up to you to be discerning and aware as you formulate your analysis, observations, and hypotheses about the reality you're being confronted with. Does that make sense?

[edit on 5/5/2010 by AceWombat04]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

So how do i go aboutmy threads without coming across this again, it makes me look bad i'd like to not do it again.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Well, I don't think you should feel like it makes you look bad. Not a one of us who is human hasn't believed something at one time that didn't change later. I think you just have to really carefully consider what the sources of your information are, whether you know for certain that they are 100% factual, and whether alternative explanations exist.

That is not to say that one shouldn't remain open minded. I whole-heartedly believe in being open-minded... even to extremes many fellow skeptics would find... well... extreme lol. And you can believe whatever you want. No one can, or should try to, take that right away from you in my opinion. It's just important to delineate between beliefs and irrefutable facts.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Hi, True-seer.

Very interesting infos.

Do you know about the second line of my signature ?

In 1981, they where talking about the "inconveniences" that
are happening now on earth. . .

Blue skies.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I'd like to know more about these dreams you have... I've had a reoccuring dream for the last 2 years about an invasion scenario similar to War of the Worlds. At first the dream was quite intimidating and left me in terror. But eventually I came to an understanding where I accepted this dream and instead of being frightened every night, I would gradually begin to act as the protagonist through the climax.
Now a days before I got to sleep I will think of this dream and anticipate it's arrival. I no longer fear the dream, rather, I gravitate towards it with a sense of purpose. One odd thing that always sticks out in my mind about my dream no matter how many times I've had it is that I've never seen the supposed threat! I've seen their craft but the crafts are never piloted. Just seats, no passengers...

[edit on 5-5-2010 by EvaDavE]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EvaDavE

I never see them in my dreams either i see soldiers and people panicking, and thier is always someone watching me but if i look at them thier just a blur.

I dont want to talk about them anymore.

Not scared of them just trying to deal with the realness

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
[edit on 5-5-2010 by mackblack27]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
OK OP, its May 6, 2010.

Is not today the "Disclosure Day"?

At what time will the disclosure be? Will it be on TV?

Just asking.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybernetic_dude
OK OP, its May 6, 2010.

Is not today the "Disclosure Day"?

At what time will the disclosure be? Will it be on TV?

Just asking.

Doh!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I just knew it would be too good to come true.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I mean, if benevolent UFOs really came into contact with us today, that would be wonderful. But there's no reason for them to choose today out of all days. The same problems plaguing us today have been here for a long time now.

There is also the problem of the evil aliens. They certainly wouldn't allow worldwide disclosure without putting up a fight. You'd hear about this or see signs around us. There isn't much incentive for them to help suddenly like this. It doesn't coincide with biblical prophecy or anything.

With the way things are going, I look forward to a solution to all of this chaos. An end to all the wars, corruption, conspiracies, and the other stuff. If someone would gladly step up and shed light onto these matters for the benefit of humanity that would be awesome. But considering how sentient beings are usually selfish they won't do so unless there is a reason for themselves.

Personally I believe UFOs are waiting for specific events to take place before acting.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Now, we have two options.

Everyone can dog pile on the OP to say, "We knew it! You were wrong!" which will, by that time of course, be absolutely self-evident, and thus pointing it out will solve nothing.

Or...

Everyone who outright believed the OP's original message (including True-seer) can learn from this experience and grow as a consequence, and those who doubted from the outset can refrain from (in my opinion) unproductive victory cries, which might serve only to deepen the divisions between so-called believers and so-called skeptics. For in reality, we all want the same thing (the truth) and I am not so naive or arrogant as to believe there is nothing left for me to learn. Quite the contrary - I will be wrong many more times in my life. I will believe things that turn out to be completely wrong. In fact, that is the history of our entire species! So, as none of us are wholly immune (it's just a matter of the degree) we probably really need to be cooperating for each-other's mutual enrichment and improved knowledge in my opinion.

You can all, of course, choose which of the two above scenarios you wish to adhere to for yourself. Personally, I'm going with #2.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Well said.

I'll take option 2 as well.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I think the most important thing to learn from this is a decent definition of what research constitutes.

I'm a bit irked, I don't feel victorious or vindicated, I didn't think the thread would amount to anything... BUT I did want to read the research and make my own mind up.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Well i'm not giving up remember it was may 6th or 7th
and i do not know how it would happen....

But when it turns the 8th i will Hold my hands up high and say i was wrong.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join