It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: Iran strike 'off the table'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Obama has no good strategy for dealing with nuclear Iran, and Mullen doesn't want to attack Iran, I believe the it's true.

It only means that Israel should go alone, if the US admin made this public, providing that Israel got the stomach for it of course.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wayne60
reply to post by thoughtsfull

As the saying goes This is chess, it ain't checkers. I'm kind of new to looking over at the JP, so I'm still getting a feel for why they say what they say. So I can see what you're saying. The US gets to play the innocent bystander, but when the dust settles, everybody gets dirty.

There is no way Western public would buy a pre-emptive strike if it included the US.. and the Hawks in Israel can not act while the US looks on.. so breaking those bonds, even if it is just for the MSM is what is needed to secure public buy in via the MSM, hence my concern we are close to someone taking action...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
There is no question in my mind that the Obama administration has concluded that there is no way to stop the inevitable from happening, and has decided to deal with the fact that Iran WILL become a nuclear power, regardless of what they do. The mindset of the current administration bends towards appeasement, so we should not be at all surprised. Obama, in his recent comments about the US and its status as a superpower, wants to shorten the timetable for removing our status as a superpower. Everything that he has done signals that.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Top U.S. official: Military strike on Iran was never 'off the table'

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If there was a true threat by Iran then the international community, which is not limited to Washington and their allies. They would have agreed with the US and push crippling sanctions on Iran or support a pre-emptive strike.

Washington has done this before with Iraq and just as we have suspected they were wrong. Feeding the ignorant populace with lies to support their corporate special interests.

[edit on 4/21/10 by UndeniableDeath]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Thanks for the update JanusFIN. This sounds like a certain Undersecretary, may have spoken out of turn.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Well, since I didn't see anyone mention this I will propose the idea that the 100% opposite is true, and they are trying to get Iran to relax its guard, and are actually PLANNING to attack Iran soon. If Israel does an about face and says roughly the same in the upcoming days, then you bet it's on!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join